Switch to Forum Live View PLM Flashback, anyone?
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2011 - 10:08PM #1
Nay_ho_tze

Does anyone ever experience past life flashbacks?
...at least that’s what I call them.
They come as a kind of spontaneous overlay
to the present day’s experience –
a perspective that can persist days at a time,
or just a short while -
usually it's to gain information I presently need,
and then the phenomena disappears ...

Throughout my life,
one particular lifetime tends to do that –
it’s probably some kind of ‘anchor’ life
relative to this lifetime’s lesson –
I am/was a writer in both.
It doesn’t help that I live presently in a Victorian,
the time period of this particular PLM ...

when it happens seclusion beckons, a lot –
to live in my head ...
poking into all sorts of corners in my psyche ...
caught in that lifetime,
trying to remember what it is
I’ve forgotten ...
left behind? lost? ...
I know there's something ...

and then ... here’s the odd part
(really, NHT? this isn’t odd up til now? right? *sighs*)

...but then the PLM starts to ‘bleed’ into the present lifetime –

Suddenly my work from that lifetime appears –
in a movie –
someone leaves a book on a coffee table –
I overhear random conversation in the post office
on the merits of my work from that lifetime ...

Anybody ever experience this?
Dot?
WGal?
I’m just wondering, ‘cuz I’m caught in it again –
have been for a few days –
only this time I just keep getting in deeper ...
any thoughts, guys, would be most appreciated...

Thanks.
NHT

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2011 - 2:41AM #2
DotNotInOz

Oh, yeah, absolutely.

I've noticed, however, that when I've worked via meditation or simply thinking a great deal about the possible relevance of a past life to my current one that I get fewer to no flashbacks.

The technical terms that apply to what I'm talking about are "integration" or "resolution." More simply, once a person understands why this past life information is commanding attention via flashbacks, that's the beginning of a process that eventually can result in the past life becoming less compelling to work with or think about because its information is incorporated into the individual's thought patterns and modes of relating to self and others. That's a too-simple explanation in many ways but covers the essentials, I think.

Once I feel that whatever that lifetime needs me to know is integrated, then thoughts of the past life become like pleasant present-life memories. They're available, and I can pull them up if I wish but they don't demand my attention typically. The exception sometimes has been if I get careless and start lapsing into old destructive patterns, at which point I'll often have a flashback to past lives involving my second husband. Some intense associations there which unfortunately we failed to resolve satisfactorily this time around, IMO.

One of the most stunning flashbacks I've experienced occurred while I was separated from him, pending divorce at his request. Part of what brought us together was awareness of a very closeknit and beneficial past life as fraternal twins. This flashback gave me another aspect of our past life string of association that explained a great deal. Some would say, I'm sure, that it was merely my subconscious trying to make sense of the demise of our marriage...perhaps so.

Anyway, I awoke sitting bolt upright in bed in the middle of the night, wide awake from a flashback to an Atlantean lifetime. The person I was then looked most unlike my current appearance. She was a somewhat blowsy although marginally attractive blonde and not terribly intelligent, a professional sex worker which was not a reviled occupation in Atlantis.

The flashback was quite brief, involving my being inside her body which was held in suspended animation above a crystalline slab. I couldn't move voluntarily other than my eyes, and I looked up into these cold, angular eyes which I immediately recognized as belonging to a researcher who was my second husband in this lifetime. There was a slight physical resemblance. What was so startling was that in my current lifetime, he was not anywhere near so scientifically detached and cold, but I knew it was his spirit animating that body...just "knew" that on sight. The interpretation that the eyes were detached and cold reflected my/her desperation; he was simply thoroughly absorbed in monitoring the experiment and seemed quite emotionless about what was occurring.

What struck me about this situation was that I was simply a guinea pig. The fact that something about the suspension process was causing me psychic pain was of no matter at all to him as long as the project produced the desired results. I couldn't understand what I'd done to deserve being trapped in this situation. And I knew that the end result would be my death which I couldn't prevent.

All that in a matter of a few seconds' realization.

It was a revelation but brought about closure of sorts when I compared this information with that from other past lives in which he and I had been associated. Not that I was able to move on immediately by any means as a result; flashbacks aren't miracle workers. However, over the decades since, I've become more reconciled to the likelihood that he and I will meet in another lifetime and attempt to work through some of the intensity between us, more happily this next time, I certainly hope, as there was much delight and compatibility between us nevertheless.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2011 - 5:16PM #3
Nay_ho_tze

Yes, Dot – I so ear you on the putting stuff together, gleaning info, setting things right ...

This particular flashback is different though ...
here, I’ll see if I can discern –

it’s more like a calling –

I have this near insatiable need for seclusion –
especially when the going gets tough,
and when I can’t get enough seclusion to calm my spirit,
this past life will overlay itself –

I’m wondering,
in this past lifetime, I lived in an expansive geographic formation –
seclusion was visible from horizon to horizon –
I wonder if it’s the land which calls to me –

Land formations have triggered PLMs for me –
I remember the first time,
in this lifetime,
that I entered the Columbia River Gorge –
PLMs were going off in my head like fireworks,
everywhere I looked at the cliff formations,
I was indeed the ‘woman who walks in two worlds’  --

I’m wondering then,
rather than looking for information from this past life,
something else seems to be going on ...

the more I think about it the more it has to do with the land...

I don’t know how else to say it ...
but do you know what I mean?

*lol - her voice trailing off into nonsense...*

=]

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2011 - 6:05PM #4
DotNotInOz

What type of land formation says seclusion to you, NHT? Is it outdoors generally or a specific formation? The key might lie in determining that, seems to me, if I'm understanding what you mean by land and land formation.

The Rio Grande River gorge north of Santa Fe was a definite trigger for me when I first traveled it in this lifetime. I know exactly what you mean about being in two worlds, which is not such a good thing when you're trying to drive a busy interstate highway, believe me.

However, the past life I associate with that area was a pleasant one to discover. I was a Native American herbalist and healer very much attuned to the land and growing things. The point of entry that I saw into this past life, I was female and middle-aged, somewhat humbly dressed and living in a modest little house fragrant with hanging bunches of dried herbs. I had children, I know, but they were grown and gone. I ended up informally adopting a young man who was very conflicted because he was gay. Even though that would not have been reviled where I lived, he couldn't accept his sexuality. I'm not sure what the result of our relationship was, but I tried to help him learn to be comfortable as who he was rather than so conflicted.

What I remember most strongly is the sparkle of morning sunlight on the river and its warmth as I searched for medicinal plants.

A very satisfying though quite humble lifetime. She/I was a good woman and highly spiritual in her own way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2011 - 8:01PM #5
Nay_ho_tze

What kind of land formations...for seclusion, you ask ...

Different types –
I think Mother Earth is how I connect to certain lifetimes –
the lifetimes in which I felt most secluded 
were in open expanse geography –
as in, but not quite exact,
the lay of South Dakota, it feels similar
to the lifetime that keeps bleeding through –
which wasn’t on this continent, btw..

In general, I find myself most sensitive to
rock formations, cliff or gorge –
waterfalls –
naturally, the ocean, both –
but having grown up on Cape Cod,
the Atlantic is my spirit's home –

(I once stood on Long Beach in WA state
and discovered Cape Cod shells and beachsand in my sweatshirt pocket --)

Having said all that,
consider the idea of seclusion
in light of ‘sequestered’ –
and how they relate to land formation ...

for me...
ideal seclusion is open – the plains
ideal sequestered is closed – like the northeast woodlands ...

I’ll take either, said this hermit, sighing

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 4:01AM #6
DotNotInOz

That makes sense, particularly to me having grown up on the wide-open prairies of Kansas.

I think that an expansive vista can enhance a feeling of seclusion more than say trekking through the close confines of a wooded locale. In a place like the South Dakota Badlands, for instance, or my Kansas prairies, you can feel like the only person in the world even if you can see signs of civilization such as cars moving on roads in the distance. 

For me, the natural landscape trigger is nearly always mountain ranges seen in the distance. I absolutely gravitate to mountains, but I don't mean the weenie ones of the eastern U.S. which are modest hills compared with those west of the Mississippi. (Sorry to insult your mountains, easterners, but they just don't measure up.)

I still don't know why the Grand Tetons of Wyoming move me to tears every time I see them. Hmmmm...probably need to meditate on that at some point or other. Even pictures of the Tetons rising above the Snake River affect me powerfully. Except that I've never felt any past life "tweak" directly connected to them. Might just be that mountains in general call to me, and those are exceptionally beautiful ones which I've loved since I was a child.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 10:55AM #7
Nay_ho_tze

O-o-oh!! O-o-oh!!

*crazy lady just gets 'flashed'*

Grand Tetons - me too!!
And when you said 'Snake River' -
been there in this lifetime -
ID'd it years ago as a past life location -
and that's where you were -
we were together there, Dot!!
Snake River -

'ever had a mutual past life recall with someone else??
It's a kick!
I'll show you how, if you want ...
(...also sounds like a new topic, huh?)

=]

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 5:29PM #8
DotNotInOz

Mar 28, 2011 -- 10:55AM, Nay_ho_tze wrote:

O-o-oh!! O-o-oh!!

*crazy lady just gets 'flashed'*

Grand Tetons - me too!!
And when you said 'Snake River' -
been there in this lifetime -
ID'd it years ago as a past life location -
and that's where you were -
we were together there, Dot!!
Snake River -

'ever had a mutual past life recall with someone else??
It's a kick!
I'll show you how, if you want ...
(...also sounds like a new topic, huh?)

=]

Well, ratfishes, catfishes and little slimy worm thingies! I'd love to explore that, NHT, particularly since I've long felt an affinity with you. I've no inkling what my association with the Tetons may be, as I mentioned.

I'm old hat at mutual recalls and have done a bunch of them online, but unfortunately, I don't have the psychic reserves to do anything of that sort at the moment. My stamina is simply too iffy due to the chemo, I know you'll understand.

Let's put that on a back burner for late May when I'll be into radiation and likely will have more predictable energy levels. I would for SURE like to find out what my connection with those fabulous peaks is, assuming that talking about this doesn't give me a spontaneous flashback which wouldn't surprise me in the least. Anyway, the first time I saw the Tetons at about age 8 or 9, I was so transfixed that my parents practically had to pull me out of the car bodily when we stopped to get lunch. I was literally entranced by how much that area, especially around the Snake River, felt like someplace where I belonged.

Did you ever see the 60's era movie, Spencer's Mountain, starring Henry Fonda and Maureen O'Hara as the parents? I love that not-so-good movie for the fact that it was made in Snake River country with multiple spectacular views of those incredible mountains. (And some pretty good views of James MacArthur for whom I had major hots as a teenager!)

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook