Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Could my best friend be my soulmate?
4 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2011 - 8:42AM #1
thatphotograph

So, I have a friend in college who appears to be the male version of myself. We have the same taste, the same ideals, the same interests, the same goals, we finish each other's sentences, we feel the same way about a high number of things, we have really similar issues. Besides, we talk to each other about anything and neither of us will judge the other.
I'm still trying to figure out what this is all about, because it wasn't like instant recognition or anything, we just slowly became closer and we found out all of these things.
Yesterday we had the same thought at exactly the same time, and I know this means nothing, but allied to all of the aforementioned things, it could.
And I'm not talking about us being twin flame souls or anything, it's just that we seem to have this connection that I've never felt so strongly with anyone else, and I know he feels it too (we briefly talked about it the other day).

Thanks.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2011 - 11:10AM #2
Nay_ho_tze
Howdy Thatphotograph -

Welcome...
you've seemed to dismiss any ideas that might be offered ...
twin flames, soul mates ...
so I'm inclined to ask you what you think it is?
since this is the Reincarnation forum,
are you thinking he might be from a past life?

Again, welcome.

NHT
host
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2011 - 11:22AM #3
thatphotograph

The thing is that, I have no idea.

I know there is a connection, I know he may have been a part of another life, and I do not discard the hypothesis of him being a soulmate, but I discard the twin flame soul one simply because there wasn't any instant recognition.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2011 - 4:28PM #4
Nay_ho_tze
thatphotograph writes: I know he may have been a part of another life ...
Well, if you'd be interested in exploring that option,
be sure to check out the two threads titled "Reincarnation101" and "FAQs"  -
both contain helpful, useful information ...

thatphotograph  writes:  ...I do not discard the hypothesis of him being a soulmate
but I discard the twin flame soul one simply because there wasn't any instant recognition.
I'm not entirely sure that 'instant recognition' is an absolute requirement -
it's very possible that the two of you may have opted out
on the "instant recognition"
for the purpose of learning in a different manner ...
after all, free will is a huge component of being human ...

In any case, the bottom line is this:
the information you seek is already inside you
and the two above-mentioned threads are a good place
for launching your journey to discover that information -

NHT
=]
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2011 - 4:40PM #5
thatphotograph

Thank you very much for all the help. I'll take a look at both links you gave me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2011 - 6:26PM #6
Nay_ho_tze
...my pleasure!
Don't hesitate to give a holler
if I can be of further assistance...
NHT
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2011 - 2:46PM #7
DotNotInOz

Mar 9, 2011 -- 6:26PM, Nay_ho_tze wrote:

...my pleasure!
Don't hesitate to give a holler
if I can be of further assistance...
NHT

She's BACK!

I have not seen you for an eon, NHT. I do hope that means that some of the family issues and personal struggles you were having have resolved themselves and you'll be back here more frequently.

You have certainly been missed in a significant way, my friend.

Great seeing you hereabouts once more,

Dot

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2011 - 3:03PM #8
Nay_ho_tze
OMG, Dot, my old friend!!
Talk about synchronicity -
your ears must've been burning,
because I was just thinking about you
as I reworking some old threads -
y'know maybe get things started again -
and I just came online to post them-
and here you are!!
So mighty fine to 'see' you -
you have no idea!

As for things resolving themselves -
not so much -
so I decided to give 'distraction' a good ol' try ...

Hoping you'll hang around some ...

=D

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2011 - 7:19AM #9
DotNotInOz

Mar 9, 2011 -- 11:22AM, thatphotograph wrote:

I know there is a connection, I know he may have been a part of another life, and I do not discard the hypothesis of him being a soulmate, but I discard the twin flame soul one simply because there wasn't any instant recognition.

The first question I'd have for you is the extent to which you're familiar with your past lives, assuming you think you've had some.

Investigating oneself is the logical starting point, IMO, and then once you've become accustomed to "tapping into" your own past life recall, you either may happen onto an association with this closer-than-close friend or will get more detailed insights into what aspects of your personality mesh so powerfully with his.

Either way, it's a win-win situation in terms of understanding yourself better, IMO.

Both NHT and I are somewhat experienced in accessing past lives. The thread on Meditation as a means of doing so offers some really excellent suggestions if you're a DIYer as many of us into reincarnation tend to be.

Don't hesitate to bombard us with questions either. You'll probably get TMI and then some at times, but we're both only too willing to offer advice based upon our years and years of experience with this sort of thing.

You're embarking upon an exciting voyage to self-awareness no matter what. Bon voyage!

And welcome to what I sometimes call "Weirdo Wonderland." heh heh

Dot

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2011 - 12:44PM #10
christine3

Mar 9, 2011 -- 11:22AM, thatphotograph wrote:

Well, my 2 cents. People have been taught (media) that there is instant recognition. No, that's wishful thinking.

Also, there is a very big disconnect as to what this actually is that we are living in, and what we think it is.  The universe is very basic.  In nature, just as the seasons go around being *reborn* in their eternal life cycle every spring, humans are no different.  There is just a different time span in which the soul *manifests* in the physical, and what we see is always relative to our sense of sight.  The physical senses are very limited and at this level if we saw the whole thing, it could blow our circuits.  That type of integration is best lived and experienced at another level.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook