Switch to Forum Live View The Teachings of Bodhidharma
3 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2011 - 1:10PM #1
nnn123
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2011 - 10:58AM #2
etoro

Feb 26, 2011 -- 1:10PM, nnn123 wrote:

www.abuddhistlibrary.com/Buddhism/C%20-%...

More talk about no talk.  In the end lots of talking drawing attention to himself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2011 - 4:37AM #3
nnn123

you are certainly welcome not to respect the teachings of Bodhidharma.  The choice is yours.

I have nothing to do with what he wrote.

As far as being an ego-maniac - I am not sure if you are referring to the Bodhidharma or myself. 

If you think the Bodhidharma is an ego-maniac, that is your choice, but then, why post at all on a Buddhist board, if you hate it or don't believe in it?

if you think I am an ego-maniac for posting the link....I would suggest to you that the text of the posting of a link is not enough information to draw any conclusion whatsoever, about anyone..

In 2003, I had carbon monoxide poisoing.  I am profoundly ill and disabled.  I post online to basically kill the boredom, try to do something productive.  Also, the tiny bit of research it takes to do this helps the cognitive impairment I received from the brain injury.

If you think it is ego-maniacal to do so, I suggest you take that up with my therapist, who directly recommended my being involved in doing such things to help me with my problems.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2011 - 11:04AM #4
RenGalskap
NNN, I think it's clear that etoro was referring to the quote from Bodhidharma, not to you. Informative links are welcome and most of us appreciate your efforts. However, this is a debate board and people are allowed to give their opinions of posted material.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2011 - 12:12PM #5
etoro

Mar 8, 2011 -- 11:04AM, RenGalskap wrote:

NNN, I think it's clear that etoro was referring to the quote from Bodhidharma, not to you. Informative links are welcome and most of us appreciate your efforts. However, this is a debate board and people are allowed to give their opinions of posted material.

NNN  -   Rengal is right.  I wasn't criticizing you at all.  You have a right to post whatever you think is true and good or not.  I just happen to know a great deal about the historical roots of the Buddhist world. I practice the teachings of the great Buddhist reformer who appeared in the 13th century and goes by the name of Nichiren Daishonin (Sun Lotus The Great Teacher of the Law). While Nichiren was a Mahayanist like the Zen of his time, much like his predecessors going back to the 4th-5th and 6th century China, they were critical of Buddhist meditators who did not study the Indian Buddhist writings to the degree that the scholar monks did.

IN the Nichiren school we believe and practice the principles of Buddha wisdom that are encoded in the depth of the sutras. We believe that meditation and study are like the two wings of a bird.  Without the perfect balance on each side one cannot sore straight up "into the sky's of enlightened wisdom." 

Whatever.  Dont mind me.  All rivers lead to the great ocean of the Buddha's awakened mind. I was just putting my two cents on another of the infinite dualisms that are out there.

Carry on. :) 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook