Switch to Forum Live View Exploring my heritage
4 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2011 - 8:45PM #1
Antiochian

I've known for some time that I have a small amount of Native American in my ancestry.  My great-great-grandmother was 100% Cherokee, and doing the math, that makes me about 6% Cherokee.  That's not a high percentage, but I'm very proud of it.

I've been Christian most of my life, and for the last couple years I've called myself a Neopagan, incorporating mostly Wiccan and Druid beliefs and practices, the interest in Druids coming from my Celtic ancestry.

I live near South Dakota, so have learned a bit of the Lakota's beliefs, and their history, and I have a friend who is a Lakota sundancer.  I've learned some things from him.

I'd love to learn more about Cherokee or general Native American beliefs, and find a way to respectfully incorporate them into my own spiritual walk.  Maybe I can learn more about myself along the way...  So, if anyone can recommend books or websites, or any other sources I could look into, I appreciate it. 

Blessings.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2011 - 1:16AM #2
Bunsinspace

Feb 16, 2011 -- 8:45PM, Antiochian wrote:

...  So, if anyone can recommend books or websites, or any other sources I could look into, I appreciate it. 

Blessings.

BS"D

There are Tsalagi on this board including the host - Wohali.  Let people be your primary source.  I am not Cherokee, but Blackfoot so I can only point you to some websites:

www.cherokee.org/

www.native-languages.org/cherokee.htm

www.cherokeebyblood.com/cherolinks.htm

www.simplyangel.com/tsalagi.htm

www.wehali.com/tsalagi/

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2011 - 1:52AM #3
Antiochian

Thank you.  I appreciate the links. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2011 - 7:55PM #4
wohali

Antiochian, welcome to Indian country!

Tis board is on the quiet side just now, but who knows, maybe you'll help get it going again.

Siyo ganali!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2011 - 5:48PM #5
Tenlionz

Howdy Antiochian, howdy is Pawnee for howdy. The first thing ya gotta know about NDN>z is that Ten Lionz is dam good lookin, Im Chickasaw, Chukma! Welcome, got any Tobacco?

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook