Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View prosperity of humanity
4 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2011 - 7:59PM #11
Silverada

Feb 16, 2011 -- 6:46PM, Aka_me wrote:

Feb 16, 2011 -- 1:21PM, world citizen wrote:

Only in a consultative framework made possible by the consciousness of the organic unity of humankind can all aspects of the concern for human rights find legitimate and creative expression."

finding workable solutions to immigration problems

are really no different than finding workable solutions to terrorism

or workable solutions to drug addiction and drug related crime...

no band-aid is going to affect the underlying problem.

only raising consciousness about the significance of the organic unity of humankind

is going to have any effect at all.

getting humanity to cognize/listen to/comprehend God's suggestions...

is going to require humanity to suffer to the point of thinking it's about to die.

Trying to rise consciousness about the significance of mankind unity, had lead to many myth making tendencies, that then had lead to all sorts of fictional systems, philosophical, religious and political, which systems instead of serving as   unifying  factors have made the big  differences  among  mankind to be became of  abismal dimensions.

As an utopic thought  the only clear solution I can see might  unify humanity as a whole, is a global political system  that acts as a regulator of justice, human rights, political correctness. equal distribution of wealth,  free medical attention for all as well as education, a global monetary system and conservationist laws to protect and distribute equaly  all world resources that help mankind living as good as posible. I also believe that families should be moved to other parts of the globe where  jobs might be available, or doctors are in need, or the fruit of the earth need recollection.  Frontiers between nations should be open in that way for all. 

I do think is time that mankind acts and think as one, it  is a matter of surviving  and preserviation of our own  specie. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2011 - 11:47AM #12
Aka_me

Feb 16, 2011 -- 7:59PM, Silverada wrote:

I do think is time that mankind acts and think as one, it  is a matter of surviving  and preserviation of our own  specie.

for the world to change, it could be either a top-down... as in "forced upon us by governments, or as select Christian denominations believe by the Return of Christ implementing His government and taking away peoples' free will".

or it could be a bottom-up... when the people decide they are going to create change such as what we saw in Egypt.

however, both of these together will still NOT create the worldwide kind of change envisioned by the Baha'i Faith.

in the first case where governments force their decisions upon the people, those government STILL create war with other governments, so we haven't improved anything.

in the second case where people inside one country such as Egypt start acting as "one country" that doesn't fix genocide in other countries such as Elbonia.

in a third case where we see only a global commonwealth government established to prevent international wars... that still does not stop problems at the individual level, such as racism, sexism, or homophobia.

the problem of bringing to reality "one planet, one people, one family"

is that it requires the organic integration of the ENTIRE planet.

the waking up of ALL humanity to recognizing that God, out of His love for humanity, has given us the tools and guidance, to create worldwide change for the betterment of all people.

there can be no meaning or value to life, in a universe devoid of meaning and value... because the moment those who knew you are gone, you will never have existed at all.

if you see anyone not screaming at the top of their lungs THE SKY IS FALLING BECAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING! then for prophet Gore's sake help them see the light that doing so is the only means we have of getting off fossil fuel.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2011 - 12:18PM #13
Silverada

Feb 17, 2011 -- 11:47AM, Aka_me wrote:

Feb 16, 2011 -- 7:59PM, Silverada wrote:

for the world to change, it could be either a top-down... as in "forced upon us by governments, or as select Christian denominations believe by the Return of Christ implementing His government and taking away peoples' free will".

or it could be a bottom-up... when the people decide they are going to create change such as what we saw in Egypt.

however, both of these together will still NOT create the worldwide kind of change envisioned by the Baha'i Faith.

in the first case where governments force their decisions upon the people, those government STILL create war with other governments, so we haven't improved anything.

in the second case where people inside one country such as Egypt start acting as "one country" that doesn't fix genocide in other countries such as Elbonia.

in a third case where we see only a global commonwealth government established to prevent international wars... that still does not stop problems at the individual level, such as racism, sexism, or homophobia.

the problem of bringing to reality "one planet, one people, one family"

is that it requires the organic integration of the ENTIRE planet.

the waking up of ALL humanity to recognizing that God, out of His love for humanity, has given us the tools and guidance, to create worldwide change for the betterment of all people.

I am more for rationalized choices, based on pure humanity rather than religiosity. I do think throughout religiosity is more  difficult  to achieve a  complete unity  of we all.  After all is on our own pure humanity where God is manifested and not on any kind of religion system, be that old or new.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2011 - 1:48PM #14
world citizen

I am more for rationalized choices, based on pure humanity rather than  religiosity.

It's been proven time and again that rationale is seldom reached when dealing with irrational people.  Where is the rationale found in Darfur?  in Chechnya?  and how many other places?

I do think throughout religiosity is more  difficult  to  achieve a  complete unity  of we all.

From the Baha'i perspective, it wasn't until this Day/Age that all were MEANT to be united.  If you look at each major world religion, until modern travel, each was relegated to a specific area of the globe.  And each has similar prophecy of this Day.

After all is on our own pure  humanity where God is manifested and not on any kind of religion system,  be that old or new.

God isn't manifested in the majority of humanity today.  One only has to look at the world around us... it is crumbling under the weight of its own inhumanity and Godlessness.  Only a divine physician can heal its wounds.

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2011 - 12:08PM #15
Aka_me

Feb 17, 2011 -- 1:48PM, world citizen wrote:

God isn't manifested in the majority of humanity today.  One only has to look at the world around us... it is crumbling under the weight of its own inhumanity and Godlessness.  Only a divine physician can heal its wounds.

as the world is falling apart...

humanity is not currently aware of any NEW systems or designs.

meaning, left to itself, humanity would only rebuild exactly what we see existing today.

which would only fail again, and again, and again.

when we reach rock bottom... when we're sitting in the rubble of today's failed structures

we MUST come up with something NEW and better in order to avoid a repeat of the mistakes.

and that's where, in God's wisdom, He has given us a blueprint of "a better way".

people refuse to inspect it today. but that will change once everything has imploded.

there can be no meaning or value to life, in a universe devoid of meaning and value... because the moment those who knew you are gone, you will never have existed at all.

if you see anyone not screaming at the top of their lungs THE SKY IS FALLING BECAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING! then for prophet Gore's sake help them see the light that doing so is the only means we have of getting off fossil fuel.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2011 - 12:34PM #16
Silverada

Feb 17, 2011 -- 1:48PM, world citizen wrote:

I am more for rationalized choices, based on pure humanity rather than religiosity.

It's been proven time and again that rationale is seldom reached when dealing with irrational people.  Where is the rationale found in Darfur?  in Chechnya?  and how many other places?

There are a lot of injustice doing around the world now days, which means people is at a far distance of recognizing the sacredness and truly intentions of humanity as a thinking specie here on earth, and a great collectiviness awareness is required to achieved such a big task. But hose that already have been awaken to that thruth have the duty of focussing  on that without any distraction from worldly events, neither feel frustrated by them. 

I do think throughout religiosity is more  difficult  to achieve a  complete unity  of we all.

From the Baha'i perspective, it wasn't until this Day/Age that all were MEANT to be united.  If you look at each major world religion, until modern travel, each was relegated to a specific area of the globe.  And each has similar prophecy of this Day.

I base my persue of people progress and eventually enlightenment  on humanism instead of religiosity.  Religious systems have been proven wrong in many aereas of their beliefs and how religions  approches  the  differences among we all. Is only accepting each others as equal without any biases,religious,  physical or intellectual  that  we can say humanity have reach the peak of its own spiritual gloriousity, which is something inimaginable and imaposible for people to attain at the present times. 

After all is on our own pure humanity where God is manifested and not on any kind of religion system, be that old or new.

That is true.  But that it doesn´t make me feel frustrated at all.  There are many different paths available and only one single goal.  It is only a question of time and time is relative.  It could pass a minute, several decades, centuries or millions of years, but whereever we might be, we still might feel and taste the sweetness of the Goal been reached.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2012 - 2:04AM #17
Aka_me

the problems arising over the anti-Islamic film made be think back to diagram I created a couple years ago and just left sitting on my computer.

what you think?

for me it brought realization that we as Baha'i will not be gaining victory toward entry by troops through the teaching efforts we are exerting today. the world itself will change... and when it does the world will come to us asking what it is that make us Baha'i.

I need to go back and find the original visio file and change wording in a few places

need to add an entry between C and D stating "elimination of belief in God becomes painfully obviously impossible".

need to change all references of the word religion to spirituality from D all the way to F because humanity at large finally begin cognizing the difference.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2012 - 11:28AM #18
maxmar

Donating money is not effective unless there are "spiritual solutions" at work in poor countries.    

On a personal level our family decided many years ago that we should assist the poorest country in the western hemisphere----Haiti.     We "adopted" a child (not in reality) through the Foster Parents Plan, and insisted it be a girl as we knew as Baha'is that education of girls was more effective on the community than that of boys as it affects a whole generation.    We supported a girl with monthly donations that covered her schooling fees and supplies, medical care as well as additional family support to improve their living conditions by building a concrete block house an improvement from the scrap metal and wood shack that they lived in before, and helped build a proper latrine and well in her area.      We supported this girl from the age of 6 to 16, at which time she was no longer eligible to be part of the Foster Parents Plan.     At age 15 we learned a year later that she had a baby that died in infancy, and then got pregnant again....we had wondered why whe had dropped out of school for a few months.      This is the way it is with most Haitian girls.    We don't believe that there was any considertion of birth control.     The last we heard was that she had 4 children, and never heard whether she and her family survived the devastating earthquake.     So was it donation money down the drain?   Not really, because she did stay in school enough to become literate and hopefully her children benefited from that.    

Another foster child we had in Indonesia grasped the opportunity she had been given by our support and eventually went on to nursing school and supported her parents and siblings.     So financial aid in a personal way does help, but it depends so much on the individual and culture they live in and their personal beliefs whether they can rise out of poverty.     Education is the key, but so are the rights and opportunities to advance in their own society, to live in a peaceful country without war and to have the motivation to work and succeed, live an honest life, be compassionate to their neighbours and help each other.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2012 - 12:52PM #19
in_my_opinion

Oct 3, 2012 -- 11:28AM, maxmar wrote:

Donating money is not effective unless there are "spiritual solutions" at work in poor countries.    

On a personal level our family decided many years ago that we should assist the poorest country in the western hemisphere----Haiti.     We "adopted" a child (not in reality) through the Foster Parents Plan, and insisted it be a girl as we knew as Baha'is that education of girls was more effective on the community than that of boys as it affects a whole generation.    We supported a girl with monthly donations that covered her schooling fees and supplies, medical care as well as additional family support to improve their living conditions by building a concrete block house an improvement from the scrap metal and wood shack that they lived in before, and helped build a proper latrine and well in her area.      We supported this girl from the age of 6 to 16, at which time she was no longer eligible to be part of the Foster Parents Plan.     At age 15 we learned a year later that she had a baby that died in infancy, and then got pregnant again....we had wondered why whe had dropped out of school for a few months.      This is the way it is with most Haitian girls.    We don't believe that there was any considertion of birth control.     The last we heard was that she had 4 children, and never heard whether she and her family survived the devastating earthquake.     So was it donation money down the drain?   Not really, because she did stay in school enough to become literate and hopefully her children benefited from that.    

Another foster child we had in Indonesia grasped the opportunity she had been given by our support and eventually went on to nursing school and supported her parents and siblings.     So financial aid in a personal way does help, but it depends so much on the individual and culture they live in and their personal beliefs whether they can rise out of poverty.     Education is the key, but so are the rights and opportunities to advance in their own society, to live in a peaceful country without war and to have the motivation to work and succeed, live an honest life, be compassionate to their neighbours and help each other.

Donate support to social and economic development programs of particular National Spiritual Assemblies for the best effectuality on your money. They tend to be extremely frugal and understand their areas more thoroughly than anyone else except God. In addition you don't have to worry about corruption from people who take no salary to serve. It is true that individuals are not infallible and institutions make fewer mistakes than individuals do.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2012 - 10:44PM #20
in_my_opinion

The external organizations try to do their best but are hampered by two major factors which come from being outsiders.

The first is that they don't understand the people of the land. their experience is at best academic and often steeped their own national and chronological traditions, mindsets and prejudices both positive and negative. The really good one's have "gone native" as the colonialists would say.

The second is that whether they are physicians, teachers, engineers or architects they have to start with a learning curve of the availability of the materials they're used to using, the logistics and pitfalls of getting them and putting them to use. Miles of wiring once put up for communications ended up as jewelry when tribes passed through and said "Wow, hanging glitz! This stuff'll look good as necklaces and bracelets!"

Now compare that with the National Spiritual Assemblies. They are native! They haven't gone native. That was the generations of pioneers from other lands who settled, intermarried and built up the community, "back in the day" as it might be said in the USA. They didn't merely go native, either. They became the instruments of a self-transformation that seeped into their children and interacted with new believers, absorbing and learning from each other. Have watched a seeker become a believer and end up elected to the first National Spiritual Assembly of a country within less than a season! Went from several firesides straight into service!

Besides that the Community of the Greatest Name is organized and united, with plans, ethics and self-sacrifice. It is fully integrated vertically, diagonally and horizontally. Respectively with the Universal House of Justice and their own Local Spiritual Assemblies; their sister National Spiritual Assemblies; and the Institution of the Learned and individuals and groups involved in all forms of Social and Economic Development activities, ranging from someone who sends stacks of books, to complex organizations which hold conferences encouraging and educating more SED programs, etc.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook