Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View When an Elder is not whole!
4 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2011 - 5:06PM #11
Forest Child
Thank you for the offer, that is most kind of you.  I'm happy to talk here since nobody is identified.

Yes, it was a very uncomfortable and difficult situation, and continues to be so while nothing is done or changed.  

I've asked my spirits again about this and the consensus seems to be to attend the next meeting.  If nothing has changed then I can/should??? take this up in private.    Hmmm, fun all round.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2011 - 5:59PM #12
Tenlionz
I agree, this could be the beginning signs of a serious mental/medical condition. Working in the health care field and law enforcement  for many years  I have dealt with this issue many times, and sadly watched as very good People deteriorated mentally and became very abusive, to the point of having to be restrained and even EOD to mental health facilities. I hope that's not the case, I believe your group will know when things have gone to far and you must do what no one really wants to do. very sad my friend, you have my prayers.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2011 - 6:26PM #13
writingal1
Forest Child--you're welcome.

It's good to know you're receiving guidance.

This would be a very difficult situation--and a very disturbing event to witness--for almost everyone.

Can you send the Elder general healing energy?

(Something to think about--you are obvioously not a relative so you really don't have any legal "standing" to do anything specific. About the most you could do is to alert others who would have the legal ability to do something for this person.)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2011 - 9:09PM #14
Tenlionz

True, unless the person is deemed a threat to them selves or others, then of course a third party affidavit can be signed and the person can receive the care they need even as an unwilling patient. Any talk of suicide or homicide should be taken seriously and the authorities should be alerted, at this point the subject will be taken to the ED and evaluated by an MHP, you need not be a relative for this course of action. Of course I have no idea how things work across the pond. Best of luck my Friend.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2011 - 11:18AM #15
writingal1
TL--

it is impossible to give legal advice in these circumstanes because laws differ from one jurisdiction to another.

And no two jurisdictions have exactly the same laws and/or procedures covering any given situation.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2011 - 3:33AM #16
Shamanmystic
only robots never have issues the rest of us are to busy dealing with life....

All one can do is apologize and attempt to right wrongs. For who in this world has never wronged another? Who I ask has never been overwhelmed at some point in their life whether it be from the passing of a loved one or some other life "crisis / stressor".

Those who cannot forgive and move on are missing more than the one who invoked the response.

Those who hold resentments towards another find that it is themselves they truly undo and not the other which they cannot forgive.

"When a man sets out to murder another he should dig 2 graves. One for his victim and one for himself." - old chinese proverb

Hope your "elder" finds their way back. Personally I would approach the person in private. Is it not enough that all the worlds a stage. Must one open wounds up for the evil gossips of others.

Whole / Holy = Holism... Since one cannot define the infinite ie sum of all parts as there aren't enough words in all the universe, I challenge u to show me a truly whole person without blemish. One who has never done wrong; nor ever will do such again. Lotta people in this word act holy. Few really are. I 'm in neither crowd just in case your wondering... lol

Bet my sense of humor still isn't seen or not understood for what it is.. oh welll... He who can't look death in the face and laugh isn't really alive...

Good luck with your elder... I thought the word simply meant ELDER.

Guess it's not possible life goes in circles. ie one goes from the nowhere to nowhere. Back to the world feasting on us like we did on it.

Levity and Gravitas every sages balance beam..
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2011 - 5:27AM #17
Forest Child

Feb 7, 2011 -- 3:33AM, Shamanmystic wrote:

Those who cannot forgive and move on are missing more than the one who invoked the response.

Those who hold resentments towards another find that it is themselves they truly undo and not the other which they cannot forgive.

"When a man sets out to murder another he should dig 2 graves. One for his victim and one for himself." - old chinese proverb

Hi Shamanmystic

I agree that we are all flawed and that's how we learn.  However, I'm not sure who is holding resentments or being unforgiving?  Did you feel that I was demonstrating this?

This is about a painful situation and how to find a respectful way to confront a person who holds a place of honour in one's life.  Whatever healing may be required I may not even be a part of but this uncomfortable and difficult situation needs to be addressed so I asked here to gauge how others would approach it.

Feb 7, 2011 -- 3:33AM, Shamanmystic wrote:

Hope your "elder" finds their way back. Personally I would approach the person in private. Is it not enough that all the worlds a stage. Must one open wounds up for the evil gossips of others.

So do I, and it was the same advice given by my spirits too.  I've walked away from too many situations in the past because there was corruption or something which piqued my integrity but this time I need to perhaps be there to help rather than walking away.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2011 - 2:50PM #18
writingal1
The incident is described in detail by Forest Child in

Post #9 above.

(This is to save them from having to re-type the whole painful and harrowing incident.)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2011 - 3:48PM #19
Shamanmystic

Feb 7, 2011 -- 2:50PM, writingal1 wrote:

The incident is described in detail by Forest Child in Post #9 above.

(This is to save them from having to re-type the whole painful and harrowing incident.)

thanks... That cleared a few things up real fast.  Wow.

I think the elder might be upset that she never had children.

Being a parent myself, (my son is like 25 now), I dont know how many nonparents I've had try to tell me the "best " way to raise my child. My motto is: "Get one yourself then we'll compare notes..  Until then mind your own business as your operating from theory and not reality".  lol

Really is kinda strange why your elder went ballistic.. Maybe u should ask a few more questions.. People have bad days.. Who doesn't? Denial is a vicious opponent.

Of course could be old timers kicking in (mood / personality change) and decreased poor judgement see 10 signs of Alzheimers. Alzheimers is tough. I had a friend who's dad was the nicest fella.. By the time he was 55 he was a mess. He'd go ballistic at the drop of a dime. Then minutes later forget all about it. We'd find him doing stupid stuff like standing outside watering the lawn and it was snowing..  Man I felt for my friend.. We grew up together. His dad use to take us fishing, etc.. He was a really nice fella and within a three yr period wham.

I 'm actually curious if u can remeber exactly what she was ranting about ie do u remember what she was talking about? If u could just imagine yourself there again though standing outside the situation as an objective observer. Could u focus on the dialogue uttered from her mouth? That alone might give u some insight.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2011 - 5:58PM #20
Tenlionz

Feb 6, 2011 -- 11:18AM, writingal1 wrote:

TL--

it is impossible to give legal advice in these circumstanes because laws differ from one jurisdiction to another.

And no two jurisdictions have exactly the same laws and/or procedures covering any given situation.

Then don't give it. Telling someone they are helpless if they are not a relative is simple ignorance concerning mental heath care and its many issues. And yes many States carry the same protocols concerning mental heath or behavioral health issue. Generally a phone call can provide the answers one needs in any given jurisdiction, even across the pond, and I certainly don't need correction from someone unequipped for the task.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook