Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View When an Elder is not whole!
4 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2011 - 7:34PM #21
writingal1
In Law School one of the first things we learned was to tell people not to assume that all states/jurisdictions have the same laws and regulations.

So I always recommend that people check for what the laws are in THEIR area/state.

To assume that "laws are similar" is to give a very false impression of how much laws vary from state to state--especially in Mental Health regulations and requirements.

Additionally many jurisdictions vary as to who is responsible for checking welfare and/or making the determination that profssional help is needed.

And in many states only the closest of relatives can apply for involuntary committals etc.

IE--each jurisdiction is unique and  therefore it is not helpful to advise someone that most are "similar" because they are not.

It is obvious from the OP's posts that the person in question is NOT a relative much less a close one--and that the person in question is not at this time a danger to others or to themselves.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2011 - 7:04PM #22
Tenlionz

Feb 7, 2011 -- 7:34PM, writingal1 wrote:

In Law School one of the first things we learned was to tell people not to assume that all states/jurisdictions have the same laws and regulations.

So I always recommend that people check for what the laws are in THEIR area/state.

To assume that "laws are similar" is to give a very false impression of how much laws vary from state to state--especially in Mental Health regulations and requirements.

Additionally many jurisdictions vary as to who is responsible for checking welfare and/or making the determination that profssional help is needed.

And in many states only the closest of relatives can apply for involuntary committals etc.

IE--each jurisdiction is unique and  therefore it is not helpful to advise someone that most are "similar" because they are not.

It is obvious from the OP's posts that the person in question is NOT a relative much less a close one--and that the person in question is not at this time a danger to others or to themselves.

They must have neglected to tell you in this Law School that most health care protocol is under Federal mandate, if you want joint commission funding you must cooperate with Federal standard. by the way, we are talking about the UK not a state, so your overbearing point is irrelevant. I'm not wasting any more time teaching you what you should know long before you offer advice, Miss law school.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2011 - 8:31PM #23
Nay_ho_tze
ForestChild writes: Perhaps it is just me but I believe that anyone
 in a position of trust,  respect and spiritual authority
who purports to teach these deeper,  enlightened, spiritual concepts,
should have the integrity to admit when  they have a problem
so that others are not damaged by their actions.   
All I have observed so far is ego, fear and cover up
from the person in  question and those around them.

It is possible that this person has been operating
from ego all along -
and that you have just now been witness to this ...

That you have learned from this person
does not invalidate what you have learned ...
it just means that prudence might be wise
when learning further from this person ...

As to what you can do -
depends -
Sometimes we are simply not in a position
to do anything but to witness...
as the Tao says, "The wise man does nothing,
therefore, he leaves nothing undone."

*shrugs*
...just my 2 cents.

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2011 - 5:39PM #24
Tenlionz

Good stuff Nay Ho, a Great Elder of our clan was fond of saying--If ya don't know what to do, then don't do anything. Time brings opportunity, the longer we study a problem the clearer the solution becomes. Wow you have really have me thinking now, kinda makes me mad, aeeyy hehe,

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2011 - 11:08AM #25
Nay_ho_tze
Thinking is good -
'puts hair on your chest!!
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 02, 2011 - 3:16AM #26
Forest Child

Just by way of an update, the group which this Elder founded meets twice a year.  At the Sept meeting in 2010 this Elder again had another angry outburst directed at a member within the sacred circle!!!!  It completely disrupted the meeting by all accounts but I didn't witness this since I was in Canada at the time.  

The report of the events came back to me from several members and each pretty much gave the same account.  Retrospectively, the minutes have been changed so that from that meeting onwards, only new resolutions and decisions are to be minuted which means that the whole event has been whitewashed from the records.

The group has now gone from being a vibrant 15 or so people at the last few meetings to 5 at the latest meeting in March.  The minutes of which have not yet been posted and will, no doubt, contain nothing about what was said.  I was unable to attend the last meeting due to moving house but it seems quite clear that this chapter in my life has closed.  Perhaps that is why my spirits were so quiet about this because I wasn't going to be able to attend anyway so it would all play out without me.

As it stands now, everyone knows that there is a problem with this particular Elder and each are choosing whether they remain in the group or leave.  Personally, I have decided to leave until such time as the wind changes.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2011 - 8:40PM #27
kraventhearcher

I am of the opinion that you chose wisely.

Nothing lasts forever, and it generally takes an effort of all involved to keep a group like that going.  If one person poisons it, it doesn't take long to wither.

Keep your eyes peeled and be ready to embrace new opportunities. Losing a bad situation means you can embrace a better one.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2011 - 3:50AM #28
Forest Child

What has come up, however, in another journey which I did in order to find the best way of ending this connection, is that there is a need for me to contact this person with my concerns to at least explain why this is happening.  If everyone walks away when someone has a problem, nothing can possibly change so although the decision to leave has been made, there is still this task.

Now I have no words so this next step will be difficult.  I trust the right words will flow and that healing flows with them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 13, 2011 - 5:28PM #29
kraventhearcher

Good luck to you, and I hope the right words find you when you need them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook