Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Help from Jehovah's Witness
4 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2011 - 6:27PM #1
Mashiyach

To become a member of JW Talk News I need  3 mid-week song numbers from our most recent Kingdom Ministry.  An elder from my congregation brings me the Watchtowers and Awakes because I don't have a way to get to the Kingdom Hall to pick them up myself, but  the elder never brings me any of our Kingdom Ministries.  Could one of you brothers and sisters out there help me get those song numbers?  I would really appreciate it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2011 - 6:29PM #2
Newtonian

Hi!  January KM week of January 10th opening song # 50.

Middle song - 73

Ending song - 75

1/17 - songs 77, 116,7

1/24 - songs 53, 30, 32

1/31 - 99, 52, 88

2/7 - 25, 92, 113

Do you have the music to these songs?  They can be downloaded from our website.  I think you can also order the CDs from the Kingdom Hall.

Do you wish me to post February's when I get my February KM?

Anything else I can help you with - I currently have the Flu and have the 3rd student talk Tuesday night about Jesus - Just another religious leader rs 210 Par. 2.

Would you like to help me prepare my talk? 

Christian Love,

Paul aka Newtonian

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2011 - 6:31PM #3
Newtonian

OK - what is JW talk news?????

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2011 - 8:40PM #4
Mashiyach

Thanks for the song numbers Newtonian.  JW Talk  is a website that has news of interest to Jehovah's Witnesses.  Anyone can go to JW Talk, but only Jehovah's Witnesses who are active publishers of the good news can participate in the discussions.  In answer to your questions: (1) No, I do not need the song numbers in February's Kingdom Ministry (2) I do know about JW's official websites , and (3) I'm not able to help you with your talk.  I have alot of studying to catch up on.  A couple of days ago, an elder from my congregation brought me my Watchtowers and Awakes going all the way back to September.  I download the magazines onto my computer, but I don't get as much out of them that way.  Anyway, thanks again for those song numbers.  I hope I answered all your questions.  May the peace of God be with you always.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2011 - 12:55AM #5
HBJW

Jan 9, 2011 -- 8:40PM, Mashiyach wrote:

Thanks for the song numbers Newtonian.  JW Talk  is a website that has news of interest to Jehovah's Witnesses.  Anyone can go to JW Talk, but only Jehovah's Witnesses who are active publishers of the good news can participate in the discussions.  In answer to your questions: (1) No, I do not need the song numbers in February's Kingdom Ministry (2) I do know about JW's official websites , and (3) I'm not able to help you with your talk.  I have alot of studying to catch up on.  A couple of days ago, an elder from my congregation brought me my Watchtowers and Awakes going all the way back to September.  I download the magazines onto my computer, but I don't get as much out of them that way.  Anyway, thanks again for those song numbers.  I hope I answered all your questions.  May the peace of God be with you always.

IMO you are not an active  JW. If you were then the Elders would also bring you a KM.
Interesting that you could not call one of those visiting "Elders" and get the song numbers of them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2011 - 12:57AM #6
HBJW

Jan 9, 2011 -- 6:29PM, Newtonian wrote:

Hi!  January KM week of January 10th opening song # 50.

Middle song - 73

Ending song - 75

1/17 - songs 77, 116,7

1/24 - songs 53, 30, 32

1/31 - 99, 52, 88

2/7 - 25, 92, 113

Do you have the music to these songs?  They can be downloaded from our website.  I think you can also order the CDs from the Kingdom Hall.

Do you wish me to post February's when I get my February KM?

Anything else I can help you with - I currently have the Flu and have the 3rd student talk Tuesday night about Jesus - Just another religious leader rs 210 Par. 2.

Would you like to help me prepare my talk? 

Christian Love,

Paul aka Newtonian

You made a mistake.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2011 - 6:24AM #7
Mashiyach

Newtonian did not make a mistake in giving me those song numbers.  I am an active publisher of the good news.  Why did I not call one of the elders to get the song numbers from the latest KM you ask?  Most of the time I have to call them just to get my Watchtowers and Awakes.  If I didn't call them I probably would never see one Watchtower or Awake.  This is just the way it is in my congregation.  I did have phone numbers to some of the brothers and sisters in the congregation, but I threw them in a fire one day about a year ago while I was burning some trash.  Sometimes, because of the way I'm treated in the congregation, I think that the brothers and sisters don't think I'm "good enough" to be considered as one of them.  The numbers I threw away belonged to brothers and sisters who live about 5 minutes from where I live.  A year had gone by and I hadn't seen or heard from any of them.  I knew that they still lived in the area because I saw them at the store in town a few times.  As for why those elders don't bring me the Kingdom Ministry, I don't know.  Could I get one if I asked for one?  Yes.  Would the elder remember to bring it to me when he brings me the Watchtowers and Awakes?  Probably not.  I'm still trying to get the bound volumes I ordered a year ago.  I've had to reorder them twice so far.  If you have any more questions, you know where to find me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2011 - 12:56PM #8
Newtonian

HBJW - Was the mistake in spelling?  I think I got the song numbers correct.

I never judge people on the internet, btw.  So if you think I judged wrongly - know that I simply did not judge.

One has to make a choice in which Scriptures to apply - I normally opt for the beginning of the following:

(Matthew 7:1-6) 7 “Stop judging that YOU may not be judged; 2 for with what judgment YOU are judging, YOU will be judged; and with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU. 3 Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to extract the straw from your eye’; when, look! a rafter is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First extract the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother’s eye. 6 “Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw YOUR pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip YOU open.

Problem is - how can you avoid casting pearls before swine without judging?

I usually wait because out of the abundance of heart the mouth speaks.

Or, to put it another way - I prefer to err on the side of kindness.

Do you consider that to be a mistake?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2011 - 1:07PM #9
Newtonian

Mashiyach - Yes, my congregation used to be like that - when I first moved to SE Louisiana from Long Island, N.Y. - I had problems getting literature - often the congregation would get the literature offer for the month after the month ended!

Our (my wife & I) solution was to go to New York and pick up literature there directly - albeit it is 24 hours driving just one way!

My congregation has gotten better since then - not perfect yet though!

Thankfully, I have never been in a congregation that has had as serious problems as some described in the beginning of Revelation!

The most important thing, of course, is that we love one another!

I hope you get well enough to actually attend our meetings directly - is that a possibility?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2011 - 3:56PM #10
Mashiyach

Newtonian,  I just don't have transportation to the Kingdom Hall.  I have nerve damage from a head injury years ago and I haven't been able to drive for over five years.  Before I found out I would never be able to drive ever again,  I was making plans to go out in field service every day.  I'm disappointed that I never got a chance to do this, but I do witness to people when the opportunity presents itself.  In the past, I have asked brothers and sisters if I could go out in field service with them, but they never got in touch with me when they went out.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook