Switch to Forum Live View I don't know where I belong??
4 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2010 - 8:56PM #1
Aminagirl

I'd like to know what religion I would belong to if I believe that Jesus is the Christ and Messsiah but do not believe Jesus is God.  I do believe he is the Son of God and our mediator to God The Father.

Thank you,

Amina

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2010 - 3:31PM #2
soma77

You are right where you are suppose to be. Continue on your journey to know Christ. I feel Christ is a title and have similar feelings to what you expressed. The silent journey within reveals everything. Salutations to the Divinity within you.  Christian Mysticism

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 23, 2010 - 7:20PM #3
williejhonlo

Nov 14, 2010 -- 8:56PM, Aminagirl wrote:

I'd like to know what religion I would belong to if I believe that Jesus is the Christ and Messsiah but do not believe Jesus is God.  I do believe he is the Son of God and our mediator to God The Father.

Thank you,

Amina

I believe you would be more Catholic, it's mostly the born again Christians or the evangelist that believe Jesus is God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 23, 2010 - 7:43PM #4
soma77

It seems in our small world Christ enters and leaves as we try to grasp Our Lord in a tight fisted hand, but when we open the mind to the vast, deep and limitless Christ mind, then we relax and rest in a state of peace. We let go and “Let Thy Will be Done”. We are no longer tied or grasping a human predicament. We are no longer poking about our interior with a flashlight, but opening the blinds, windows and doors of our Soul to the present moment of God. We no longer seek God because we know he is always present so we seek the barriers that separate us from That Glorious Presence. Salutations to the Divinity within you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2010 - 12:38AM #5
Gwalchmai60

Might I suggest that you seek understanding in how to live out your Christian vocation in either the Society of Friends (Quakers) or Unity?

I was in much the same muddle you are not too long ago and although theologically I am Catholic to the core, I have come to believe that I can no longer remain in the Church of Rome.  Hence, I have begun to attend Quaker meetings, as well as Unity services.

Both "denominations" are accepting, welcoming, inclusive, progressive and not hung up on dogma or doctrine.

And with all due respect to the writer who suggests you're more "Catholic", I beg to differ.  Please, if you will, get familiar with what The Roman Church teaches before making a blanket statement of that sort.

You could start with a quick perusal of The Catechism of the Catholic Church, which states unequivocally that Catholics believe that Jesus is God (the Son).  Just as the Holy Spirit is God the Spirit, and then there is God the Father.  They are in mutual communion with one another and neither is greater than the other.  Each "person" of the Trinity has a distinct role to play in the faith life of the orthodox Christian. 

However, you stand outside the boundaries of orthodox Christianity just as I do.

I have found peace and contentment with the Quakers, Unity and New Thought because no one is telling you what you must believe.

All the best to you on your Journey, for that is where the joy is to be found, not in "arriving" at some predetermined place.

The most important question you could ever ask yourself is, "Who is Jesus the Christ to ME?" Who do YOU say that Jesus is? And with any luck at all, your answer will remain fluid and amorphous. We won't know until the end will we?

It will hopefully take your entire time left on this Planet to answer that question.  Remember, we're speaking of MYSTERY here.

Blessings.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2010 - 4:55PM #6
Vardu

Nov 14, 2010 -- 8:56PM, Aminagirl wrote:

Thank you,

Amina

Why do you believe any of that, Amina? I mean, it's not that that there is any compelling evidence for it. Often the religion we adopt is a mere accident of birth and culture. 

I would suggest that you might want to check out world view naturalism. It has the advantage, unlike religion, of having all the checks and balances in place that can prevent one falling into self-delusional error. While it doesn't have all the easy answers of religion and requires some cognitive responsibility, it's end product is clarity and lucidity about oneself and one's place in the world.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2011 - 6:29PM #7
Aminagirl

Happy New Year!!!

Thank you all for taking the time to help me w/ my question.  I was born Catholic; from the Roman church and was a devout Catholic until I hit my mid 20's.  I learned about other religions a bit.  I don't believe in the Trinity because they worship 3 God's.  I know they say all 3 are of the same spirit but many things in the Bible..the New Testament mainly; contradicts that.  When reading the words that Jesus spoke himself, he said things like "I, of myself, can do nothing w/out the Father", etc.  As far as him saying..I and the Father are one, I believe it to mean..One In Purpose.  I can go on and on w/ other things said and that are taught about the trinity, but I simply can not allow myself to believe that there are 3 God's.  Fancy it up and color it anyway one may to explain the 3 in 1 belief, the Bible does have many contradictions which is why it has been such a struggle for me.  If I am in the wrong, I want to know that.  I believe God is one and none other should be worshipped.

Tweny-two years ago, when I turned away from "organized" religion, I prayed to God..the God of Adam, Abraham, Moses, etc...in God Almighty and felt comfortable w/ that.  Going back to church and reading the Bible pretty heavily, is what has brought all this confusion up.  I'm searching for the Truth.

I will look into some of the suggestions mentioned and again, I thank you so much for your help. 

God Bless,

Amina

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2011 - 5:03PM #8
Vardu

Jan 1, 2011 -- 6:29PM, Aminagirl wrote:

Happy New Year!!!

Thank you all for taking the time to help me w/ my question.  I was born Catholic; from the Roman church and was a devout Catholic until I hit my mid 20's.  I learned about other religions a bit.  I don't believe in the Trinity because they worship 3 God's.  I know they say all 3 are of the same spirit but many things in the Bible..the New Testament mainly; contradicts that.  When reading the words that Jesus spoke himself, he said things like "I, of myself, can do nothing w/out the Father", etc.  As far as him saying..I and the Father are one, I believe it to mean..One In Purpose.  I can go on and on w/ other things said and that are taught about the trinity, but I simply can not allow myself to believe that there are 3 God's.  Fancy it up and color it anyway one may to explain the 3 in 1 belief, the Bible does have many contradictions which is why it has been such a struggle for me.  If I am in the wrong, I want to know that.  I believe God is one and none other should be worshipped.

Tweny-two years ago, when I turned away from "organized" religion, I prayed to God..the God of Adam, Abraham, Moses, etc...in God Almighty and felt comfortable w/ that.  Going back to church and reading the Bible pretty heavily, is what has brought all this confusion up.  I'm searching for the Truth.

I will look into some of the suggestions mentioned and again, I thank you so much for your help. 

God Bless,

Amina

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you, Amina.

All the best in your searchings. Perhaps the journey's the thing.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook