Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Say Hello to Your New Host
3 years ago  ::  May 26, 2011 - 8:52PM #11
Sacrificialgoddess

May 25, 2011 -- 8:24PM, Echo_of_me wrote:

Maybe we can turn this pasture greener?

Meh, it was internal politics that caused it.  The reasons behind it are still here.  People swing in from time to time, but it will never be what it was.  The yellow boards were great, and the Pagan community was just about the most popular boards there were. 

I miss the yellowboards.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 26, 2011 - 9:27PM #12
Echo_of_me
That's unfortunate, I would like to have had the opportunity to experience the community as it was.

Politics sure can suck the life out of a thing.

Do the Paganfolk gather in a group or groups or is there not any real interaction as a community on b-net?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 26, 2011 - 10:53PM #13
Sacrificialgoddess

May 26, 2011 -- 9:27PM, Echo_of_me wrote:

That's unfortunate, I would like to have had the opportunity to experience the community as it was.  Politics sure can suck the life out of a thing.  Do the Paganfolk gather in a group or groups or is there not any real interaction as a community on b-net?

Well, if you are talking on the web, much of our lot ended up on Mysticwicks: mysticwicks.com/

If you are talking in RL, then check out your local meetup group: www.meetup.com/find/?keywords=Pagan&mcId...

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 26, 2011 - 11:15PM #14
Echo_of_me
Thanks for the info on Mystic Wicks. I'm interested in a wider interaction, beyond the local, and occasional convention or event. Mystic Wicks may be just the thing. Thanks again.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2011 - 8:52AM #15
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Hi Littlebrownbird:

I've been told that my Paganism is eclectic, too.

G'day Sacrificialgoddess:

Remind me what was yellow about the boards.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2011 - 12:00AM #16
Greenkat72

What are "yellow boards"?

Also, thanks to everyone who keeps some pagan stuff going on beliefnet!  I have been slow in getting myself signed up, but hopefully I'll be able to drop in now & then.

Happy Autumn, everyone!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2011 - 4:56PM #17
Sacrificialgoddess

The yellow boards are called the yellow boards because, well, they were yellow.  There's a link around here to the archives. I'll try to find it, but I am making no promises.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  May 20, 2013 - 1:23PM #18
Stardove

Nov 21, 2011 -- 12:00AM, Greenkat72 wrote:

What are "yellow boards"?

Also, thanks to everyone who keeps some pagan stuff going on beliefnet!  I have been slow in getting myself signed up, but hopefully I'll be able to drop in now & then.

Happy Autumn, everyone!

Link to the old discussions (yellow boards)

Direct link to Paganism discussion on old discussion

Merry Meet and Blessed Be!

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 months ago  ::  Jan 04, 2014 - 5:45AM #19
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I try to connect daily with Earth and nature.

So this afternoon I fed water birds at two ponds.

And I have been eating home-grown blackberries.

This evening I have been composting.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook