Switch to Forum Live View Nothing Is Impossible (Try not to move...dare ya...)
4 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2010 - 4:57PM #1
Adelphe

This

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxKuDu2Vu1k

--good old fashioned American Gospel--from the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.

First, it's simply...fantastic.  TRY not to move during it.  If you don't, I wanna hear about it cuz then you must need a visit from me to...spin you around the room.  Wink  I, myself, get the chills every time I hear this one.

Second, look at that gorgeous mix of people in the choir--white, black, Hispanic, Asian, Middle Eastern--and their pure, unself-conscious love and devotion.  It reminded me of...

Revelation 5:9

And they sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation

Revelation 7:9
A Great Multitude from Every Nation
After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands

...all united around (and because of) the impact that one, single, solitary preacher from an obscure little country, in a tiny little town, 2000 years ago, had--Jesus...

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2010 - 5:14PM #2
Adelphe

Re, the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir:

"...The choir represents all different walks of life and every kind of sin,” Pastor Cymbala says. “You name it and we have someone who has been saved out of it, standing next to another one who has grown up in the church.

...It is a highly unlikely ensemble, a mixture of ethnic and economic backgrounds, in the heart of a city synonymous with coldness and decay. The choir is made up of attorneys and street people, nurses and ex-crack addicts, a unique cross section of humanity. Pastor Cymbala explains: “None of us would have met if it weren’t for Christ. Our backgrounds are just too diverse. But all of us have one thing in common: we have all been lifted up and saved. So the Choir sings—not about a theological position—but about what has happened to them. It’s not a theory; it’s a reality.

I could (and am...) cry...

Bless Jesus and His Holy Name.

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook