Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Looking for Mentors
5 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2010 - 12:55AM #1

I hope this finds you all well.

My name is Andrew Bowen. I'm in the planning stages of an initiative called "Project Conversion" ( This project will chronicle my journey as I spend each month of 2011 as a "convert" to one of 12 faiths. The purpose of this is to allow people to experience religions they might otherwise not be familiar with on a more human level as opposed to an inflexable and cold book. I want to disarm the tensions between religions fueled by misunderstanding and bring folks together in a spirit of fun and learning.

While I understand that Zoroastrianism typically frowns on the idea of conversion, this project is an attempt to educate and help remove stereotypes.

In order to make this a success, I'm looking for Mentors in each faith. While this is supposed to be enlightening and entertaining, I want to bring each faith to my audience in the best and most accurate light I can.

Ideally, I'd like for the potential Mentor to help me in person, however I understand the some communities/praticioners might be far removed. In that case, email correspondence will do just fine. If interested or know someone who might be, please email me at

Thanks everyone, and peace,

Andrew Bowen

Quick Reply
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Beliefnet On Facebook