Switch to Forum Live View Looking for Mentors
4 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2010 - 12:55AM #1
Andrewbowen

I hope this finds you all well.

My name is Andrew Bowen. I'm in the planning stages of an initiative called "Project Conversion" (www.projectconversion.wordpress.com). This project will chronicle my journey as I spend each month of 2011 as a "convert" to one of 12 faiths. The purpose of this is to allow people to experience religions they might otherwise not be familiar with on a more human level as opposed to an inflexable and cold book. I want to disarm the tensions between religions fueled by misunderstanding and bring folks together in a spirit of fun and learning.

While I understand that Zoroastrianism typically frowns on the idea of conversion, this project is an attempt to educate and help remove stereotypes.

In order to make this a success, I'm looking for Mentors in each faith. While this is supposed to be enlightening and entertaining, I want to bring each faith to my audience in the best and most accurate light I can.

Ideally, I'd like for the potential Mentor to help me in person, however I understand the some communities/praticioners might be far removed. In that case, email correspondence will do just fine. If interested or know someone who might be, please email me at abowen@divinedirtquarterly.com

Thanks everyone, and peace,

Andrew Bowen

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook