Switch to Forum Live View Meditation, is ok too...
4 years ago  ::  Oct 02, 2010 - 12:38AM #1
Guessses

Meditation, is it ok too strangle one of my physcho-quack doctors for her misguided attempts to teach us Veterans "how to meditate" (in under 5 minutes)?!

I thought that "fad" (and the way she teaches it, it's just that) was long gone over a decade ago!

P.S. My Dad taught me how to meditate by the time I was 7 years old.

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"Lord, please, protect me from Your followers!"
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
"If you go looking to place blame, eventually you'll wind up blaming the Gods"
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2010 - 2:49AM #2
nnn123

very sorry about your experiences sir.  Yes, of course.  It is impossible to learn meditation in five minutes.  To be honest, it really takes daily practice for about 3 years to really develop some proficiency.  If you need some of the effects of meditation, you might do better with Hatha Yoga relaxation exercises.  Those include some meditation techniques.  The book "PTSD Workbook" has some of those exercises in the book.  The book is recommended to be used only under the direct guidance of a therapist.

If you are dealing with PTSD related issues, here are a few resources that might help:

PTSD

www.holisticonline.com/remedies/Anxiety/...

+++

Stress Management

www.holisticonline.com/stress/stress_hom...

+++

Meditation

1stholistic.com/Meditation/hol_meditatio...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2010 - 8:06AM #3
Guessses

Oct 12, 2010 -- 2:49AM, nnn123 wrote:

very sorry about your experiences sir.  Yes, of course.  It is impossible to learn meditation in five minutes.  To be honest, it really takes daily practice for about 3 years to really develop some proficiency.  If you need some of the effects of meditation, you might do better with Hatha Yoga relaxation exercises.  Those include some meditation techniques.  The book "PTSD Workbook" has some of those exercises in the book.  The book is recommended to be used only under the direct guidance of a therapist.

If you are dealing with PTSD related issues, here are a few resources that might help:

PTSD

www.holisticonline.com/remedies/Anxiety/...

+++

Stress Management

www.holisticonline.com/stress/stress_hom...

+++

Meditation

1stholistic.com/Meditation/hol_meditatio...

Thanks!

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2010 - 11:10AM #4
Guessses

Well, my "Depression Class" is over! I'm quite glad for it was too depressing! And, now the temptation to act upon impulse in that environment has subsequently been removed.

Peace, 

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook