Switch to Forum Live View Beyond Park 51--------United we stand.....
4 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2010 - 3:44PM #1
BDboy

Beyond Park 51: Religious Leaders Denounce Anti-Muslim Bigotry and Call for Respect for America’s Tradition of Religious Liberty

People from all faith traditions came united to promote "American" value of religious freedom. They gathered in Washington DC and promised to  work closly in future.

Please click here for details.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2011 - 8:18PM #2
IDBC

Howdy BDboy 

I have heard that Iman Rauf who had been leading this project from the beginning was asked to resign by the board because he dared to suggest that maybe it would be a good idea that the site of the Mosque be moved to a less sensitve location.  He suggested that the building that houses the mosque that he has been the leader of for....more than ten years be bought and rebuilt. 

Then I heard that the Iman that replaced him was asked to resign because he said something about homosexuals and Islam. 

I suspect that the good members of the multi-faith mosque-community center are going to keep the new Iman far away from the press. 

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2011 - 10:37AM #3
BDboy

Apr 8, 2011 -- 8:18PM, IDBC wrote:

Howdy BDboy 

I have heard that Iman Rauf who had been leading this project from the beginning was asked to resign by the board because he dared to suggest that maybe it would be a good idea that the site of the Mosque be moved to a less sensitve location.  He suggested that the building that houses the mosque that he has been the leader of for....more than ten years be bought and rebuilt. 

Then I heard that the Iman that replaced him was asked to resign because he said something about homosexuals and Islam. 

I suspect that the good members of the multi-faith mosque-community center are going to keep the new Iman far away from the press. 

>>>>>>>>> Yeah keeping far away from the press is a good idea. Albeit this place has no relation to ground zero, press made it appear so. We all know how that went. :-)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2011 - 6:07PM #4
IDBC

Howdy BDboy

Jul 5, 2011 -- 10:37AM, BDboy wrote:

>>>>>>>>> Yeah keeping far away from the press is a good idea. Albeit this place has no relation to ground zero, press made it appear so. We all know how that went. :-)

Repression and censorhship is never a good idea, except for those advocate the repression and censorship of the press for their own agendas. 

The purpose of this Mosque-Islamic Community Center is to....repair the.......Public Relations damage due to 9/11.  

The orginator of the Mosque-Islamic Community Center Iman Rauf was replaced by a homophobic Muslim Iman because he suggested that "this place"  would not be a good idea and would be a bad Public Relation idea.   The fact that other mosques have been opposed and that anti-Muslim violence has increased since the approval of the  Mosque-Islamic Community Center would be evidence that he was correct. 

I predict that if this Mosque-Islamic Community Center it will increase and not decrease anti-Muslim and anti-Islamic feelings.  It will increase not decrease anti-Muslim sentiements.   

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook