Switch to Forum Live View self, Santa Claus, and God
4 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2010 - 9:30PM #1
David106

I heard someone make the following joke recently:

First you believe in Santa Claus, then you don't believe in Santa Claus, then you are Santa Claus, then you look like Santa Claus.

How about:

First you believe in God (traditional religion), then you don't believe in God (atheism, agnosticism, skepticism), then you are God (New Age, Eastern religions), then you seem like God (enlightenment, self-realization).

I thought you guys might find this amusing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2010 - 4:20PM #2
Myownpath

Hmm, actually that pretty much sums up my life... Catholic then atheist, then agnostic then New thought now back to agnostic bordering on atheist........ The difference is that if I cross the line to atheism, I don't think I will look back. Too much is making sense with this secular philosophy.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2011 - 7:32PM #3
Bob_Bennett

Hi Myownpath,

Don't know what you are referring to when you say "this secular philosophy", but it can't be ACIM, which is not remotely secular.

Bob

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2011 - 7:31PM #4
Myownpath

Hi Bob your correct. It has nothing to do with ACIM. I used to attend Unity and study ACIM but I am now on a secular, materialistic path. I like the teaching ACIM has about coming from a place of love, but I have rejected any notion of us sleeping, being in unreality, experiencing an illusion... Furthermore, I do not believe ACIM was channeled from Jesus nor was it from Helen Schucman's higher concsiousness. Schucman was presented with the challenge of "finding a better way" and her intelligence, psychological/therapy background started to stir in her brain and out came ACIM. ACIM is inherently flawed but contains some useful views on how to practically deal with our fellow human beings.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2011 - 5:29PM #5
Bob_Bennett

Hello myownpath,

ACIM is not an evangelistic path, so I will not try and debate your beliefs with you.  As long as they work for you, fine.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook