4 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2010 - 6:06PM #1
Kimberlyv65

Hello

My name is Kim, and I live in Toledo, Ohio.  Although I have not as of yet officially joined a Unitarian church, I consider myself to be Unitarian.

Some of my interests include tarot, numerology, movies, music (mostly 80s, & Classical), reading, candles and my cats.

This is my very first post anywhere on this site (been a member of BeliefNet for about a month now), and just wanted to say 'Hello' and introduce myself! Smile

~*Kim*~

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2010 - 10:18PM #2
Jcarlinbn

Please Welcome  Kimberlyv65 

to the UU boards - And to beliefnet.

Thanks for joining us.

Aug 17, 2010 -- 6:06PM, Kimberlyv65 wrote:

Hello

My name is Kim, and I live in Toledo, Ohio.  Although I have not as of yet officially joined a Unitarian church, I consider myself to be Unitarian.

Hi Kim.  Many people discover that they are Unitarian before they find a church to participate in.  

Not me.  I grew up in the Unitarian Church on Collingwood Blvd.  Apparently it has moved.  Too bad, I loved the organ in that church.  I got to hear it real loud as I sang in the choir.  It has been many years since I have been back, it just isn't on my path any more.  But one of these days.... if only to see the glass exhibit at the TMA.  It is one of the few things left on my life todo list that isn't crossed off yet.  

Welcome to beliefnet, there are lots of fun places for UUs to find arg discussions about religion.  It seems to be an occupational hazard whether they have found a church or not.   

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2010 - 2:35PM #3
Brownowl33

Hi there!  Good to have you with us.  There are a lot of UU's who also identify as Pagan (I am one of them) so you might check out those boards, too, where you can find people with similar esoteric interests.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2010 - 10:08PM #4
Bellazz

Hello,

I`m new to this site, and have had questions of faith since I was a small child.

Nothing ever quite made sense to me.  I found this site and took the quiz about which beliefs

are closest to your own.

Here I am UU.................so now I`m seeking more informationon exactly what that means.

First question:  While I am looking to find a religion to fit me, am I supposed to be trying to fit

into a religion??  I was brought up Catholic, am consumed by fear and guilt (naturally) about searching for something that feels real to me. Thanks for any and all comments.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2010 - 12:39PM #5
Jcarlinbn

Please Welcome Bellazz 

to the UU boards and to beliefnet.
Thanks for joining us.

Aug 20, 2010 -- 10:08PM, Bellazz wrote:

First question:  While I am looking to find a religion to fit me, am I supposed to be trying to fit into a religion?? 

There is a popular book among UUs called Building your own Theology theology optional, that helps you "fit into UU"  But for most people simply finding a compatible congregation or if there is none near you that works, The Church of the Larger Fellowship and adapting it to fit.

In many of the more traditional UU churches you will find many former Catholics who became annoyed at the top down theology, and found the bottom up theology of UU more interesting and useful.  

Whichever way you choose, enjoy your new adventure in do it yourself religion.   

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2010 - 1:18PM #6
Bellazz

Thank you J`Carlin for the advice.  It was kind of you to answer.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook