4 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2010 - 7:39PM #1
Gladish-heart

I'm an American witch living in China, and I've found it incredibly hard to find others like me here. There's only 4 of us on witchvox, and I'd like to have more contact with solitary practitioners who are living abroad and cut off from resources and home communities. I'm happy to talk about anything- Witchcraft, folk magic, paganism, Wicca, Heathenism, Druidry, whatever- I'm a little starved for discourse, and I'm not quite sure where in B-net to look. Are any of you in my situation? I find practicing my faith is sometimes just an afterthought, when it should be (at least) in my top three. There are only two other foreigners (non-Chinese, English-speaking) where I live, and they're an uber-Christian married couple about to have a baby. Not what you'd call a pagan support group- Ha! Where should I be looking? I'd like to form meaningful relationships with several other pagans who I could talk to online (yahoo, msn) on a weekly, if not daily basis. I have alot to share, but family (Roman Catholic) and friends (non-existent) are not a viable option. Please, if you are in or have ever been in a similar situation, you'll know how it feels- I'm withering, almost. I wanna make some friends, y'all! Thanks for reading- looking forward to hearing from you, whoever you may be!

Starved for attention

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2010 - 3:06PM #2
TheWhiteHart

My best suggestion is to keep reading and join in the discussions. Welcome.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2010 - 12:23PM #3
Innerpoint

Aug 3, 2010 -- 3:06PM, TheWhiteHart wrote:

My best suggestion is to keep reading and join in the discussions. Welcome.

>nods<  While the boards have been a little slow since the last site change, we do have the Witchcraft boards, the Wicca boards, the Pagan boards, and several others that deal with our particular views and slants on life and religion.  Welcome to the site... I hope you decide to stay for a while.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2010 - 11:48AM #4
d_p_m
Welcome...

What would you like to chat about?
"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."

― Niels Bohr

“Extinguished theologians lie about the cradle of every science as the strangled snakes beside that of Hercules; and history records that whenever science and orthodoxy have been fairly opposed, the latter has been forced to retire from the lists, bleeding and crushed if not annihilated; scotched, if not slain.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley, Lay Sermons, Addresses, and Reviews

“The science, the art, the jurisprudence, the chief political and social theories, of the modern world have grown out of Greece and Rome—not by favour of, but in the teeth of, the fundamental teachings of early Christianity, to which science, art, and any serious occupation with the things of this world were alike despicable.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley, Agnosticism and Christianity and Other Essays
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2010 - 9:29PM #5
David

Welcome Gladish heart. i will talk to you. I'll be your friend.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook