4 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2010 - 10:07AM #1
Abdullah.

Salaam my dear friends

As Muslims we must frequently remember mankinds end destination; what we are saving ourselves from and aiming to gain, i.e, the dreaded fire of hell Surprised and the blissfull garden of heaven Smile

so it is important to know what these two places are like; obviously we all will have an idea of the dichotomy of bliss and torture in both, but many of us [including me] underestimate the intensity of both; here my dear friends, and we'd have to brace ourselves for this, is the description of the place we must desperately save ourselves from

Hell-fire is a litteral fire; there are other stages of hell that have other horrors in it such as a valley with huge snakes..., but the one with fire is reserved for desbelievers and many sinfull Muslims I think Frown; this fire is 69 times hotter than the earth fire; it is said that ALlah has taken one seventieth of the hell-fire and put it on earth, thus if we gather all the earth fire together, then the hell-fire will be 69 times hotter than that! Surprised

It is also said that when ALlah [swt] throws a person in the hell, he would be made so large so as to burn more, that a shoulder will be as big as a mountain, and as the maximum pain is felt on the skin, the skin shall be made forty feet thick and it will continuously be replaced once it burns off! Surprised

now there is a hadith that says that a Muslim who misses one obligatory salah, shall have to burn for something like 28 million 800.000 years, so just imagine my dear friends of how long a sinfull Muslim may have to burn for! Frown 

And just imagine how it will be like for a non-believer who will have to remain in that fire forever with his punishment not being lightened at all! SurprisedFrown

this is just a taster of the most terrifying punishment ever and here's more:

“The companions of the left hand – what are the companions of the left hand? (They will be) in the midst of a fierce blast (of fire) and in boiling water.”
[al Waqi'ah, 56: 41-42]

“Their abode will be Hell. Every time it abates. We will increase for them the blaze (the fierceness) of the fire.”
[al Isra, 17: 97]

“Those are the ones, who have exchanged the Hereafter for the gains of this worldly life. The punishment will not be lightened for them, and they will not be aided.”
[al Baqarah, 2: 86]

“By no means! For it is Latha (the fire of Hell) burning away right to the skull.”
[Ma’arij, 70: 15-16]

“By no means! He will certainly be thrown into al-Hutamah. And what will make you understand what al-Hutamah is? It is the fire of Allah, kindled to a blaze, which mounts right to the hearts.”
[al Humazah, 104: 4-7]

Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
“The molar tooth of an unbeliever or the canine tooth of an unbeliever will be like [Mount] Uhud, and the thickness of his skin will be like a three night’s journey.”
[Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
“The distance between the two shoulders of the non-believer in Hell will be like a three day’s journey for a swift rider.”
[Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
“Indeed, the thickness of the disbeliever’s skin will be the length of forty-two forearms of those of giants, his molar tooth like [Mount] Uhud, and his seat in Hellfire [the distance] between Makkah and Madinah.”
[at-Tirmidhi and al-Hakim]

"No food will there be for them except bitter dhari (a thorny plant), which will neither nourish nor satisfy hunger."
[Surah al-Ghashiyah, 88: 6-7]

“Verily, the tree of Zaqqum will be the food of the sinful. Like molten brass it will boil in their insides like the boiling of scalding water.”
[ad-Dukhan, 44: 43-46]

“Is that (Paradise) the better hospitality or the tree of Zaqqum? For We have truly made it as a torment for the wrongdoers. For it is a tree that springs out of the bottoms of Hellfire; the shoots of its fruit-stalks are like the heads of devils. Truly they will eat from it and fill their bellies with it. Then on top of that they will be given a mixture of boiling water.”
[as-Saffat, 37: 62-67).

“Then will you truly –O you who have gone astray an denied – you will surely eat of the trees of Zaqqum. Then will you fill your stomachs with it and drink boiling water on top of it, and you will drink boiling water on top of it, and you will drink like diseased camels, raging with thirst. Such will be their hospitality on the Day of Requital.”
[al-Qaqi’ah, 56: 51-56]

“With Us are yokes (to bind them) and fire (to burn them) and food that chokes and a grievous punishment.”
[al-Muzzammil, 73: 12-13]

“So he has no friend here this Day, nor does he have any food except what comes from the washing of wounds, which none will eat except the sinners.”
[al Haqqah, 69: 35-37]

“Thus, All this. But indeed for the oppressors will be an evil place of final return. It is Hellfire – they will burn therein, and how evil is that bed, Thus, then will they taste it – a boiling fluid and a filthy fluid of pus and blood and other penalties of a similar kind to match them.”
[Sad, 38: 55-58]

Ibn Abbas (radiAllahu anhu) reported: “The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) recited the following verse: ‘Fear Allah with the fear due to Him, and do not die except as Muslims.’ Then he said, ‘If a drop of Zaqqum would have fallen into a house in this world, it would have spoiled all the provisions of the people of this world. Then how will it be with one whose food it has become?’”
[at-Tirmidhi, Surah ali'-Imran, 3: 102]

“Say, The Truth is from your Lord, so let him who will, believe, and let him who will, reject it.’ Indeed We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls surround them. If they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like molten brass that will scald their faces. How dreadful the drink. How evil the resting place.”
[al Kahf, 18: 29]

“Do you not see those who dispute concerning the signs of Allah – how they are turned away from truth? Those who reject the Book and that with which We sent Our messengers – soon they will know. When the yokes will be round their necks and the chains. They will be dragged in the boiling water. Then in the Fire they will be burned.”
[Ghafir, 40: 69-72]

“And for them are maces of iron to punish them. Every time they wish to get out from it and from anguish, they will be returned to it, and it will be said, ‘Taste the punishment of the Burning Fire!’”
[al Hajj, 22: 21-22]

Samurah bin Jundub (radiAllahu anhu) reported that Allah’s Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
“There will be some to whose ankles the fire will reach, some to whose knees the fire will reach, some to whose waists the fire will reach, and some to whose collarbones the fire will reach.”
[Muslim]

Nu’man bin Basheer (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
“Verily, of the inmates of the Fire, the one with the easiest punishment will be one who will have a pair of sandals and s traps of fire. His brain will boil from them as a kettle boils. He does not see that anyone is suffering a punishment more severe than him, while he is the one with the easiest punishment.”
[Sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Ibn Abbas (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
“Of the inmates of the Fire, the one with the easiest punishment will be Abu Talib; he will be wearing a pair of shoes which will cause his brain to boil.”
[Sahih al-Bukhari]

“Those who have disbelieved in Our signs – We will burn them in fire. As often as their skins are roasted through, We will exchange them for other skins so that they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.”
[Surah an-Nisa, 4: 56]

“If only the unbelievers knew [about] when they will not be able to ward off the fire from their faces, nor from their backs, and [that] they will not be helped. No, but it will come to them suddenly and confound them. And they will not be able to avert it, nor will they be given respite.”
[al Anbiya, 21: 39-40]

Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu anhu) narrated: “When Allah’s Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,
‘Your ordinary fire is one of the 70 potions of the Hellfire,’ someone commented, ‘O Messenger of Allah, would it (ordinary fire) not be sufficient (to burn the wrongdoers)?’ At that, Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, ‘The Hellfire has 69 more portions than ordinary (worldly) fire, and all of them are as hot as this (worldly fire).’”
[Sahih al-Bukhari]

“The Day that their faces will be turned from side to side in the fire, they will say, ‘We wish that we had obeyed Allah and obeyed the Messenger.’”
[al-Ahzab, 33: 66]

I thnik this is more than enough to get a clear picture Frown; let us do our utmost to save ourselves my fellow Muslims and make sincere effort to save the rest of mankind!; May Allah giv us tawfiq AMEEN!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2010 - 5:18PM #2
Ibn

Jul 25, 2010 -- 10:07AM, Abdullah. wrote:

Salaam my dear friends

Muslims I think ; this fire is 69 times hotter than the earth fire; it is said that ALlah has taken one seventieth of the hell-fire and put it on earth, thus if we gather all the earth fire together, then the hell-fire will be 69 times hotter than that!

In my calculation, that is 70 times hotter than the earth fire (not 69 times).

Salaam

Ibn

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2010 - 8:51PM #3
visio

Jul 25, 2010 -- 5:18PM, Ibn wrote:

Salaam my dear friends

Muslims I think ; this fire is 69 times hotter than the earth fire; it is said that ALlah has taken one seventieth of the hell-fire and put it on earth, thus if we gather all the earth fire together, then the hell-fire will be 69 times hotter than that!

In my calculation, that is 70 times hotter than the earth fire (not 69 times).

Salaam

Ibn

Me thinks :  The first is cooled and quenched, which leaves it to 69.
As-Saffat 37 : 59   "Except our first death, and we shall not be punished?"  [Punishment here implies putting one into a more drastic and forceful environment/situating/circumstance to cause a realisation of a deviation/sin.]

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2010 - 5:53AM #4
Ibn

Jul 25, 2010 -- 8:51PM, visio wrote:

Me thinks :  The first is cooled and quenched, which leaves it to 69.
As-Saffat 37 : 59   "Except our first death, and we shall not be punished?"  [Punishment here implies putting one into a more drastic and forceful environment/situating/circumstance to cause a realisation of a deviation/sin.]

If the first one is cooled and quenched then 70 times "cooled and quenched" would be like 70 times zero (cooled and quenched) = 0 = all cooled and quenched.

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 30, 2010 - 8:03AM #5
Abdullah.

Right my dear friends, lets try to get a comprehensive picture as possible for this dreaded place which will be the abode of so many of mankind Frown

As for the exact heat of the hell-fire, I think the more acurate statement on it will be that it is 70 times as hot as the earth fire, and 69 times hotter; there is a slight difference there and i'll leave it to you guys to work out! Wink

here are more descriptions of Hell

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi #5681, Narrated AbuSa’id al-Khudri May Allah be pleased with him
The Prophet(saws) May Allah’s peace and praise be on him said, “The awnings of Hell have four thick walls, each wall a distance of forty years.” [Tirmidhi transmitted it]

Hadith - Al-Muwatta 57.2
Malik related to me from his paternal uncle Abu Suhayl ibn Malik from his father that Abu Hurayra said, “Do you think that it (hell) is red like this fire of yours? It is blacker than tar.”

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 4:464, Narrated ‘Abdullah bin Abbas May Allah be pleased with him, see also Bukhari 4:464, 7:124

“...Then I saw the (Hell) Fire, and I have never before, seen such a horrible sight as that, and I saw that the majority of its dwellers were women.” The people asked, “O Allah’s Apostle! What is the reason for that?” He May Allah’s peace and praise be on him replied, “Because of their ungratefulness.” It was said. “Do they disbelieve in Allah (are they ungrateful to Allah)?” He May Allah’s peace and praise be on him replied, “They are not thankful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors done to them. Even if you do good to one of them all your life, when she seems some harshness from you, she will say, “I have never seen any good from you.’ “

“To it [Hell] are seven gates: for each of those gates is a (special) class (of sinners)assigned.” [15:44]

“If a stone as big as seven pregnant camels was thrown from the edge of Hell, it would fly through it for seventy years, and yet it would not reach the bottom.”

Sahih al-Jami’

the fire of Jahannam was fanned for a thousand years until it became red. It was then fanned for another thousand years until it became white. It was then fanned for a further thousand years until it became black. It is now completely black wherein there is no sign of light. [Bahaar-e-Shariat]

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 30, 2010 - 9:34AM #6
Ibn

The Most High

[87.8] And We will make your way smooth to a state of ease.
[87.9] Therefore do remind, surely reminding does profit.
[87.10] He who fears will mind,
[87.11] And the most unfortunate one will avoid it,
[87.12] Who shall enter the great fire;
[87.13] Then therein he shall neither live nor die.
[87.14] He indeed shall be successful who purifies himself,
[87.15] And magnifies the name of his Lord and prays.
[87.16] Nay! you prefer the life of this world,
[87.17] While the hereafter is better and more lasting.
[87.18] Most surely this is in the earlier scriptures,
[87.19] The scriptures of Ibrahim and Musa.

(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2010 - 2:58AM #7
Abdullah.

now there is a hadith that says that a Muslim who misses one obligatory salah, shall have to burn for something like 28 million 800.000 years, so just imagine my dear friends of how long a sinfull Muslim may have to burn for!  

This may seem too harsh for a Most-Mercifull God, but I think that is what we deserve... but Allah through His mercy could punish us a lot less...

Here is the hadith from Shaykul Hadith, maulana zakariya Khandalvi's Faza ile A'mal:

the Prophet [saw] is reported to have said, "A Person neglecting his salaat [even though he makes up for it later] shall remain in hell for a period of one huqb. A huqb is equal to eighty years of three hudred and sixty days each, and a day in the hereafter shall equal one thousand years of this world".

... but it should be borne in mind that after the declaration of a person as being guilty, ALlah is free to pardon him as and when He pleases; He says in his Holy Book:

004.116  Lo! Allah pardoneth not that partners should be ascribed unto Him. He pardoneth all save that to whom He will. Whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah hath wandered far astray.

if it then pleases ALlah to pardon anybody neglecting salaat, it will be most fortunate, but who can be sure of this fortune?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 8:32PM #8
Ceren

Assalamu `alaykum,

To quote Rabia Al-Basri:

O Allah! If I worship You for fear of Hell, burn me in Hell,
and if I worship You in hope of Paradise, exclude me from Paradise.

But if I worship You for Your Own sake,
grudge me not Your everlasting Beauty

Islam is the religion of the middle. Yes, God is the avenger but God says of Himself that His mercy prevails over His wrath. The wings of hope and fear need to be balanced. All that hell taunting seems more in line with evangelical Christianity than with Islam.

All the best,

Ceren

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 11:47PM #9
visio

Ah ha! ha!  Assalamaualaikum wrhmtllh,
Let's join in in the pun.  Who/What is going to the health?  The soul? The Spirit/Mind?  The material Body/Heart?  The Light of our SINGLE PERSON?   HELL is everything that we see, hear, think and imagine on this earth.  HEAVEN is only the mid-way in our journey to regain the consciousness of the Light of our SINGLE PERSON (Az-Zumar 39 : 6).   And that is a pre-requisite before knowing ALLAHswt.   All the good things we do, including our prayer, are not acts of knowing ALLAHswt.  They are acts of PLEASING ALLAHswt.   When ALLAHswt is PLEASED, HE surely would remove the veil cast upon the Light of our SINGLE PERSON and when that happens all existence (both 7-level of hell and 7-level of heavens) vanishes.  Not only one knows ALLAHswt but feels him/herself with ALLAHswt.  When this happens one doesn't see nor hear th esound of the Hadiths and even the Al-Quran anymore.  Even the name ALLAHswt is neither said or listened to.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook