Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Looking For A Jesus/Yeshua I Can Believe In
4 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2010 - 7:46PM #11
Weepingangelofthetrees

Jul 17, 2010 -- 6:36PM, Aussiesoul wrote:

I do not believe your parents lied to you about faith they sought only to convey the truth as they saw it, something the authors of the bible also did. Regarding the historical Jesus I once felt the need to try and work out what parts of his life were historically reliable and what parts were not. I no longer do so, accepting there are things I will never know or understand. My own beliefs have gone from christianity being the only path to God to respecting that their are many paths which recognise common essential truths. In finding a Jesus you can believe in you must follow your heart and open your mind . I have recognised the truth of the words Jesus himself said The Kingdom of God is within you.

Aussiesoul

That part I have recognized for quite a long while. I would also add that my beliefs include pantheism as well That not only is the kingdom within me but that power/creator/energy/god/goddess, is alive within all things. And as such we and all are temples in testimony to the most high, that we will never fully be able to put into words while alive. Then again, living puts it into a context that words could not convey.

Thank you for your heart felt thoughts. Laughing

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2010 - 6:54PM #12
bigbear6161

Hi,

We all must find something we can believe in.  But it is a process and it takes time to go from one place to the next. For some reason alot of people think in exclusivist and absolutist terms. We have to free ourselves of that if we are to enjoy our lives. and feel connected to God, whatever it is.  Jesus became a focal point for a whole variety of groups in the first and second centuries, and a considerable amount of sacred writing attempts to get at what he was saying and what he did.  He can become an entrance point for deep encounters with God.  Or he can become a barrier.  Most Christians seem obsessed with this barrier Christ.  We need to free Jesus from our misguided elevation of him, and then we can learn from him.  We need to love the myths but recognize them as myths.  We need to find a daily practice we can make our own. We need to find a Jesus we can believe in.

Peace,

Dave

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2010 - 11:27PM #13
Weepingangelofthetrees

Aug 1, 2010 -- 6:54PM, bigbear6161 wrote:

Hi,

We all must find something we can believe in.  But it is a process and it takes time to go from one place to the next. For some reason alot of people think in exclusivist and absolutist terms. We have to free ourselves of that if we are to enjoy our lives. and feel connected to God, whatever it is.  Jesus became a focal point for a whole variety of groups in the first and second centuries, and a considerable amount of sacred writing attempts to get at what he was saying and what he did.  He can become an entrance point for deep encounters with God.  Or he can become a barrier.  Most Christians seem obsessed with this barrier Christ.  We need to free Jesus from our misguided elevation of him, and then we can learn from him.  We need to love the myths but recognize them as myths.  We need to find a daily practice we can make our own. We need to find a Jesus we can believe in.

Peace,

Dave

I appreciate your sentiments more than I can say. (HUGS) Just what I needed, just when I needed it. Thank you very much.

Moderated by Stardove on Aug 02, 2010 - 11:47AM

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2010 - 4:13AM #14
Dostojevsky

Jul 17, 2010 -- 7:46PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:

That part I have recognized for quite a long while. I would also add that my beliefs include pantheism as well That not only is the kingdom within me but that power/creator/energy/god/goddess, is alive within all things. And as such we and all are temples in testimony to the most high, that we will never fully be able to put into words while alive. Then again, living puts it into a context that words could not convey.

I won't go into the meaning of the word pantheism, but few things you said make sense (to me). If God was not IN all things, that thing could not exist on its own - it has no life, no ability.

God is Supreme and he exsits in Himself  - I AM. But from Him descend innumerable degrees of power. Even though He does not change, because of innumertable degrees of life - animal, human, vegetable... these receptors of life vary according to their abilities to receive and make use of it.

Corrected quote

Moderated by Stardove on Sep 17, 2010 - 03:31PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2010 - 6:25PM #15
Bob_Bennett

WeepingAngelic:

The Talmud is definitely not a place to go looking for a Jesus you can believe in.  They were hell bent on painting one that no one should believe in.

Have you studied the Gospel of Thomas?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook