4 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2010 - 11:47PM #1
Innerpoint

This story was posted to Yahoo this evening.  While there have been no announced changes to the site or boards, there have been changes at the admin level.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100625/ap_on_hi_te...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2010 - 10:54AM #2
TheWhiteHart

What, is this place a hot potato?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2010 - 12:49PM #3
Brownowl33

This is unfortunate news.  With each sale comes some kind of shake-up of how things work, and I think this is why many of the old boards are no longer active.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2010 - 2:32PM #4
Innerpoint

I think our decline in attendance has been caused more by the changing of the site, itself, not the sales.  This format is a little harder to use and isn't as friendly (as far as organization of the boards) as some of the older ones.

So far, everything is still working the same and there have been no announcements, at all, of anything that is going to happen or not happen.  The only thing that needs to be noted, now, is that the 'report' button isn't going anywhere.  There is nobody at the admin level, that I know of, to take action on any reported issue.  Instead, for the time being, if you have concerns that would normally be sent to the administrators, please address these concerns, via the messaging system, to RangerKen, Merope, or Stardove.

We're all keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for the best.  Who knows, as far as the site goes, this may be a good thing.  We can only be patient and see.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2010 - 12:11PM #5
Brownowl33

I hope you're right; perhaps this could what's needed to revitalize the site.  I do agree with you, the newer format isn't as user friendly as the old one, and some of the boards are hard to find. I know there was also a big outcry when they added in so many adds to the pages.  Maybe the new owners will revamp things in a way to make it easier to use.  There's so much good stuff to be found on here.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook