Page 3 of 16  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Latter Day Saint DOCTRINE.
4 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2010 - 1:32AM #21
Janadele

www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?locale=0&...

The Living Christ... Testimony of the Apostles   Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2010 - 11:07AM #22
UwishUwereMe
Since LDS ARE Christians, and that we DO believe in the New Testiment, The following scripture also applies to ALL members of the Church:

JOHN 13:  34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye alove one another; as I have loved you, that ye also blove one another.
  35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have alove one to another.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2010 - 12:02PM #23
MysticWanderer

Jul 4, 2010 -- 8:51AM, Janadele wrote:

May 9, 2010 -- 9:25AM, Janadele wrote:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Ground was scheduled to be broken Saturday for the second Latter Day Saint Temple in Missouri. 

The planned 32,000-square-foot facility probably will make the Kansas City area's 25,000 LDS Church members more visible, said Donald Deshler, a Church leader from Overland Park. 

The significance of the new Temple's location — in Clay County — was apparent to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints when it was announced in 2008, Deshler said. 

There are 131 operating LDS Temples across the world. 

www.deseretnews.com/article/700030924/Gr...

This is the Prophesied Temple we have been waiting for Smile

In answer further to your above post Aka-me.

Actually as far as I can find the site of the temple prophesied by Joseph Smith Jr and dedicated by him is still owned by the Community of Christ (the Reformed LDS).  If that is correct then this is simply another temple and not the prophesied one of Joseph Smith Jr.

"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R.Tolkein
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich von Schiller
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2010 - 4:05PM #24
BillThinks4Himself

I was thinking that, too.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2010 - 6:29PM #25
Janadele

Jul 7, 2010 -- 12:02PM, MysticWanderer wrote:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Ground was scheduled to be broken Saturday for the second Latter Day Saint Temple in Missouri. 

The planned 32,000-square-foot facility probably will make the Kansas City area's 25,000 LDS Church members more visible, said Donald Deshler, a Church leader from Overland Park. 

The significance of the new Temple's location — in Clay County — was apparent to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints when it was announced in 2008, Deshler said. 

Actually as far as I can find the site of the temple prophesied by Joseph Smith Jr and dedicated by him is still owned by the Community of Christ (the Reformed LDS).  If that is correct then this is simply another temple and not the prophesied one of Joseph Smith Jr.

The Church of Christ (Temple Lot)  headquartered in Independence, Missouri at the "Temple Lot" designated by Joseph Smith to be the cite for a Temple,  is an amalgam of five groups in Bloomington, Crow Creek, Half Moon Prarie, and Eagle Creek, Illinois, and Vermillion, Indiana. These small branches united under Hedrick's leadership in May 1863.. Members have been known, colloquially, as Hedrickites, after Granville Hedrick, an early leader. 

It is not the exact position which is important, but the purpose... and the purposes of the Lord are not delayed nor held hostage by Apostates. The LDS Temple which was to have been built on "Temple lot" will now be built by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nearby, in the vicinity of Kansas City as above posted.

The new site is a great position, I have had the privilege of walking over it,  and considering the present size and surroundings of the old "Temple lot", the new site is far preferable and more suitable to todays requirements.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2010 - 6:52PM #26
MysticWanderer

When the First Presidency announces that this is The Temple for Zion as Joseph Smith Jr. did, I'll be impressed.  Until then it is on of many temples all of which are houses of God!

"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R.Tolkein
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich von Schiller
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2010 - 7:35PM #27
BillThinks4Himself

Jul 7, 2010 -- 6:29PM, Janadele wrote:

The Church of Christ (Temple Lot)  headquartered in Independence, Missouri at the "Temple Lot" designated by Joseph Smith to be the cite for a Temple,  is an amalgam of five groups in Bloomington, Crow Creek, Half Moon Prarie, and Eagle Creek, Illinois, and Vermillion, Indiana. These small branches united under Hedrick's leadership in May 1863.. Members have been known, colloquially, as Hedrickites, after Granville Hedrick, an early leader. 

It is not the exact position which is important, but the purpose... and the purposes of the Lord are not delayed nor held hostage by Apostates. The LDS Temple which was to have been built on "Temple lot" will now be built by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nearby, in the vicinity of Kansas City as above posted.

The new site is a great position, I have had the privilege of walking over it,  and considering the present size and surroundings of the old "Temple lot", the new site is far preferable and more suitable to todays requirements.

That sounds like revisionism to me.

Has the Church actually said that this was to be the fulfillment of prophecy, specifically the prophecy of building on the temple lot, or is this some face you've discerned in a cloud?  The Church still has reason to be thankful and excited about the building of a temple so close to the appointed place.  But a temple in Kansas is not the same thing as the great temple to be built in Jackson County, Missouri.  Perhaps you are in error.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2010 - 8:04PM #28
hairup

A young couple moves into a new neighborhood.
The next morning while they are eating breakfast,

The young woman sees her neighbor hanging the wash outside.
"That laundry is not very clean", she said.
"She doesn't know how to wash correctly.

Perhaps she needs better laundry soap."

Her husband looked on, but remained silent.

Every time her neighbor would hang her wash to dry,
The young woman would make the same comments.

About one month later, the woman was surprised to see a
Nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband:

"Look, she has learned how to wash correctly.
I wonder who taught her this."

The husband said, "I got up early this morning and
Cleaned our windows."

And so it is with life. What we see when watching others
Depends on the purity of the window through which we look.

So never judge others until you clean your own windows.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2010 - 8:08PM #29
Janadele

Jul 7, 2010 -- 7:35PM, BillThinks4Himself wrote:

Has the Church actually said that this was to be the fulfillment of prophecy, specifically the prophecy of building on the temple lot, or is this some face you've discerned in a cloud?  The Church still has reason to be thankful and excited about the building of a temple so close to the appointed place.  But a temple in Kansas is not the same thing as the great temple to be built in Jackson County, Missouri.  Perhaps you are in error.

Bill, the Prophet is not required to make an announcement to the world regarding this matter.

It was not the Prophet, but another LDS Leader involved with the project with whom I had this verbal communication.  There is little distance between the two sites, and as such they are considered to be the same area for the purpose.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2010 - 10:52PM #30
BillThinks4Himself

Jul 7, 2010 -- 8:08PM, Janadele wrote:

Jul 7, 2010 -- 7:35PM, BillThinks4Himself wrote:

Bill, the Prophet is not required to make an announcement to the world regarding this matter.

It was not the Prophet, but another LDS Leader involved with the project with whom I had this verbal communication.  There is little distance between the two sites, and as such they are considered to be the same area for the purpose.

With all due respect, Janadele, I require it.  The fact that you had a conversation with unnamed leader is simply not good enough for me.  I take such claims - and that's the best way I can put them - directly from the Church, not from the speculations of members, even members who are convinced they are right.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 16  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook