Switch to Forum Live View Meditation and Social Anxiety Disorder
5 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2010 - 10:38PM #1
Johnny

I want to learn about how to use meditation to help social anxiety problems (or any anxiety problems)--

I have had some success in this area but I also want to learn more, this thread is for discussing how to use meditation, in particular, to help problems with "clinical social anxiety disorder" (basically a phobia or fear of of social situations). 

Do you know of ways to use meditation to help social anxiety or even other anxiety problems?

What has helped you (vis-a-vis anxiety problems and meditation)? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2010 - 10:44PM #2
Johnny

I have personally been helped by meditating (but I want to make more progress), I have particularly used Mindfulness and also Insight Meditation trying to be more present for the moment and also my feelings. It has taken a lot of practice but I starting to get more and more results which is promising, although I could use some pointers. Here is one good article along those lines ,"Social Anxiety and Meditation".

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2010 - 1:24PM #3
RenGalskap
Hi Johnny,

If you haven't already settled on a meditation approach, you may find this helpful. This article discusses meditation for beginners with the approach used in my school of Buddhism, Zen.

link -> MRO meditation article

The article you linked to seems very good. The person who wrote it seems to know what they're talking about.

My best wishes for your efforts. I hope this helps.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2010 - 12:13PM #4
nnn123

from Holistic Online...

Meditation

1stholistic.com/Meditation/hol_meditatio...

+++

the two articles below discuss meditation in the context of it being used for stress managment and with anxiety problems...

Stress Management

www.holisticonline.com/stress/stress_hom...

+++

Anxiety Disorders

www.holisticonline.com/Remedies/Anxiety/...

+++

best of luck to you

take care

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook