Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Sasquatch and the spririts of the forest.
4 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2010 - 10:26PM #11
wohali

Going back to your initial post, Greenman is definitely not the same as Woodwose.

You can make a case for Sasquach being akin to Woodwose, but not Greenman.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2010 - 1:23PM #12
Bairre

Jun 20, 2010 -- 10:26PM, wohali wrote:

Going back to your initial post, Greenman is definitely not the same as Woodwose.

You can make a case for Sasquach being akin to Woodwose, but not Greenman.

Yeah, I was just going with a general theme, but there is some scholars who think Greenman might be a throwback to Pagan deities.  However, that's speculative.

Woodwose on the other hand, have a lot in common, especially their features and habits.  I just thought that it is interesting that there seems to be a common creature mythological to some, spiritual to others, that was a part of the lore of Asians, Native Americans, Europeans, and even Aborigines. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2010 - 8:18PM #13
TheWhiteHart

The Greenman represents a vegetation deity. I would have to agree with Wohali that this would have very little to do with the Sasquatch.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2010 - 9:39PM #14
Tenlionz

See Discovery channel search for Sasquatch, there is a good interview with Tim Harjo, my good Brother. He explains the Seminole legend quite well. Although he knows the Chickasaw legend just as well as he is half Seminole and half Chickasaw. I told him at last Stomp that he should have told the Chickasaw legend as well. A Chickasaw Warrior according to legend once fought one of the man like beasts, the overwhelming odor finally caused the Warrior to give up, the Luffus tied him up in a vine and told him to stay away from his hunting ground. The Chickasaw Warrior agreed then pulled him self loose and broke a branch over the Luffus head and ran away hehe. No one knows how old the legend is, but farther back than any Elder can remember. And yes there are Tribes that believe the Sasquatch is not flesh but Spirit. But nearly all agree that the creature exists. My People believe that a Person that changes to another creature such as a Wolf or Owl is a Stigini, a wicked Medicine Man that puts majik on People in trade for goods and money. Many have seen the Owl, about 4 feet tall with red eyes and walking like a man. Spooky stories! Shit, now Im all scared!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook