Switch to Forum Live View WOW, leave to do some more writing and...
4 years ago  ::  May 26, 2010 - 4:02PM #1
BrotherFada

Where did everyone go?  Hope you are all doing well.

BF

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 29, 2010 - 3:11PM #2
Brownowl33

Since the "improvements" to Beliefnet, few of the boards are what they were and many are now ghost towns.  Sad, but inevitable I guess.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 29, 2010 - 5:40PM #3
CreakyHedgewitch

BF,

Good to see you again. Most of the regulars left after the last re-vamp.

A new community has been slowly forming and that too is inevitable. Cool

C.H.

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 9:52AM #4
Innerpoint

>nods<  It seems that a lot of the regulars didn't like the last revision - or they've found something else to do.  I'm not sure which but it's always good to see the older members, like you, return to the boards.  Lately, I've gotten into a habit of reading the boards without participating - which is wrong on my part, I suppose.  But, there's only so much you can say about the same old things without boring yourself to tears. >grins<

Welcome back!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 6:43PM #5
BrotherFada

Thanks all!  Can't seem to find what is so bad about the 'change' that would have people leaving, but then I left as well.  Mine was and usually always, due to having some new bright shiny thing catch my attention.  I've been writing along with other things, but it's good to pop in and say hi.  I hope everyone is well.  I've missed our discussions.

BF

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2010 - 7:49AM #6
Brownowl33

Jun 1, 2010 -- 6:43PM, BrotherFada wrote:

Thanks all!  Can't seem to find what is so bad about the 'change' that would have people leaving, but then I left as well.  Mine was and usually always, due to having some new bright shiny thing catch my attention.  I've been writing along with other things, but it's good to pop in and say hi.  I hope everyone is well.  I've missed our discussions.

BF

Well, they kept changing things almost every week it felt like.  They deleted all the old boards, and added a LOT of advertising for drugs (they were really pusing the antidepressants for a while, which is especially evil considering how many "support" groups there are on here.)  It's really too bad, because some of the groups I'm involved in, like the Spiritualist board, have literally been killed....with no new postings in months.  It sort of feels like they're trying to turn Beliefnet into MySpace or something.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2010 - 10:05AM #7
TheWhiteHart

The changes were a bother. And I found other things to interest me for a little while. Who knows?  I might be back, too. ;)

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook