Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View obeying the commandments of God is everything
3 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2010 - 8:54AM #21
Eagle-1

Sep 10, 2010 -- 12:41AM, birwin4 wrote:

Sep 9, 2010 -- 1:10PM, Bob10 wrote:

Matt. 7 and Luke 13 says the majority of Jesus' followers are on the wide path of destruction. Jesus calls these people "lawless" -- they practice "iniquity", "lawlessness". They follow what Peter calls the twisted and wrested lawless interpretation of Paul's letters (2 Peter 3: 15-17). Instead, we are to grow and increase in "THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE LORD and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18, Col 1:10, 2 Peter 2:20) -- see also 2Chronicles 30:22.

"The many", the majority, the mainstream acknowledge Jesus as their LORD (Matt. 7:22-23) --- "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in THY NAME, and in THY NAME have cast out demons, and in THY NAME done many wonderful works.  Then I [Jesus] profess unto them, I  [JESUS] never knew you: depart form me, you who work iniquity [lawlessness]."

Paul kept "the ways of the LORD" (Rom. 11:33) like David (2 Sam. 22:22). We, too, are not suppose to error and depart from "the ways of the Lord" (Heb. 3:10-12 and Acts 13:10, Rev. 15:3).

God Bless!

I read your two Biblical references but cannot find any sense that it was the followers of Jesus who were missing the mark. I imagine you are having a go at mainstream Churches and I wonder if that is what Jesus would do or want us to do in His name. Bob are you an SDA and does the '10' stand for the decalogue?

Lawlessness' meanings.....

Former President Bush SR. once said  "The church can do anything it wants."  Alibi of the 2nd Thessalonians 2 "Lawless One" who's covert and to-be-revealed?   His way of controlling the Rev 13 series of  Heads, of  State?   (Who're called Mountains in Rev. 17)  

We  can't  presume we're as qualified to critique churches as the writer of Revelation, (re the Seven Churchs of Asia, already flawed as they were)  but  when  "the great falling away" from the Word happens, do the TV preachers  have  a  duty  to  expose  it?  The  A.F.A.  newsletter has informed us of one denomination's  bishop claiming the Bible isn't the final word, on homosexuality.   As a woman, a grandmother,  I don't feel obligated, but  what's to be done to prevent his maybe causing  thousands of  members to lose their salvation, and by whom?    

Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2010 - 10:46PM #22
Roodog

To paraphrase a famous rabbi:

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart,soul, strength and mind and love your neighbor as yourself. All else is commentary."

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2011 - 12:12PM #23
Bob10

Romans 2:27 (New American Standard Bible)
 And he who is physically uncircumcised, if he keeps the Law, will he not judge you who though having the letter of the Law and circumcision are a transgressor of the Law?

Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, each according to his conduct," declares the Lord GOD. "Repent and turn away from all your transgressions, so that iniquity may not become a stumbling block to you.

"Cast away from you all your transgressions which you have committed and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! For why will you die, O house of Israel?  - Ezekiel 18:30-32 (New American Standard Bible).

Jeremiah 18:15 (New Century Version)

But my people have forgotten me.
       They burn incense to worthless idols
    and have stumbled in what they do
       and in the old ways of their ancestors.
    They walk along back roads
       and on poor highways.

Jeremiah 6:16 (New King James Version)
 Thus says the LORD:

“ Stand in the ways and see,
      And ask for the old paths, where the good way is,
      And walk in it; 
      Then you will find rest for your souls.
      But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ - (Isa. 8:20; Mal. 4:4; Lk 16:29).

Matthew 11:29-30 (New King James Version)
 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
 Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” Mark 12:32-34 (New King James Version). - Jer. 7:22-23; Gal. 3:19; Heb. 10:1-6.

Romans 14:17-18 (New King James Version)
for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men.

Isa. 45:19 --> Ps. 19:8 --> Neh. 9:13(Eph. 5:9)

Nehemiah 9:13 (King James Version)

You came down also upon mount Sinai, and spoke with them from heaven, and gave them right judgments, and true laws, good statutes and commandments:

Live as children of light — for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true - Eph. 5:9, NRSV

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2011 - 9:09PM #24
Eagle-1

Amen.

Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2011 - 1:14PM #25
Bob10

Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls (Jer. 6:16). For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” - Matt.11:28-30, NRSV.

Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. - Ps. 55:22, NASB.

The righteous (Ez. 18: 5-9) are barely saved (I Peter 4:18) by God's Grace (Eph. 2:8); they "barely escape from the ones who live in error" (2Pet. 2: 1, 18).

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook