Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Pause Switch to Standard View obeying the commandments of God is...
Show More
Flag Bob10 May 15, 2010 3:29 PM EDT

"Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing; but obeying the commandments of God is everything." - 1 Cor. 7:19, NRSV

-----------------------------------------------------------

And keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself: - 1 kings 2:3.

Oh, the depth of the riches, both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and unfathomable his ways. - Rom. 11:33, NRSV.

Paul still walks in "the ways of the LORD"(Acts 13:10), keeping the Sabbath day(Acts 13:42-43) and holidays of the Bible (1 Cor. 5:7-8).

James and the Elders of the Jerusalem church informed Paul that their members are "all zealous of the law" (Acts 21:20). Can your Church say the same?

Flag sincerly May 15, 2010 4:11 PM EDT

May 15, 2010 -- 3:29PM, Bob10 wrote:

"Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing; but obeying the commandments of God is everything." - 1 Cor. 7:19, NRSV

-----------------------------------------------------------

And keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself: - 1 kings 2:3.

Oh, the depth of the riches, both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and unfathomable his ways. - Rom. 11:33, NRSV.

Paul still walks in "the ways of the LORD"(Acts 13:10), keeping the Sabbath day(Acts 13:42-43) and holidays of the Bible (1 Cor. 5:7-8).

James and the Elders of the Jerusalem church informed Paul that their members are "all zealous of the law" (Acts 21:20). Can your Church say the same?

Bob, """ "all zealous of the law" (Acts 21:20)." is a topic on the next page.  Possibly you might read those comments and continue under that thread.

Flag Bob10 August 29, 2010 3:12 PM EDT

“Oh that their hearts would be inclined to fear me and keep all my commandments always, that it would go well with them and their children forever!” So spoke the God of the Old Testament, who is Jesus Christ, the Lord of Glory. Was this petition specific for only ancient Israel or is it not relevant for our day and age?

When is it ever wrong to keep the commandments of God? When do people not want “it to go well” for them? Is it not the pursuit and desire of every human being to want a good life, a prosperous life, a life of long term, dependable, steady peace and peace of mind?

garnertedarmstrong.org/Mark_Wordfroms/ma...

Flag sincerly September 3, 2010 11:41 AM EDT

Aug 29, 2010 -- 3:12PM, Bob10 wrote:

“Oh that their hearts would be inclined to fear me and keep all my commandments always, that it would go well with them and their children forever!” So spoke the God of the Old Testament, who is Jesus Christ, the Lord of Glory. Was this petition specific for only ancient Israel or is it not relevant for our day and age?

When is it ever wrong to keep the commandments of God? When do people not want “it to go well” for them? Is it not the pursuit and desire of every human being to want a good life, a prosperous life, a life of long term, dependable, steady peace and peace of mind?      

Bob, there was a psychology book which came out about 40 years ago which influenced greatly the secular mind/religious minds of today."I'm O.K.---You're O.k".   God's Laws matter only as one interprets them to suit one's beliefs. 2Peter(3:16) says people were in his day were "wrest(ing)" both Paul's epistles and the "other scriptures to their own destruction" even then. 

God's Laws were designed to produce the only right relationships between Mankind and GOD on the one hand and ones neighbor on the other. However, the majority of mankind (as Satan before) has thought to change God's Laws to suit the thinking of man's faulty beliefs.(which bring chaos.)  (2Tim.3:13)   

Flag Anesis September 3, 2010 2:58 PM EDT

God's Laws were designed to produce the only right relationships between  Mankind and GOD on the one hand and ones neighbor on the other.  However, the majority of mankind (as Satan before) has thought to change  God's Laws to suit the thinking of man's faulty beliefs.(which bring  chaos.)  (2Tim.3:13) 

Sincerely, with all due respect, God's laws in the OT maybe have been for producing the only right relationship between man and God. However, Jesus is now the only way of reconciliation with the Father. It is only through him that we can have a right relationship with God. He is the only way to the Father. John 14:6

Flag miami-ted September 4, 2010 9:55 AM EDT

Hi guys,

I would respectfully ask that when posting replies we don't use parenthetical references to the Scriptures unless it is what the Scriptures say.  Sincerly wrote:  However, the majority of mankind (as Satan before) has thought to change  God's Laws to suit the thinking of man's faulty beliefs.(which bring  chaos.)  (2Tim.3:13) 

My copy of the Scriptures (NIV) in 2 Tim. 3:13 says:  while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

I'm sorry, but I don't find anything in that passage that fully reflects the thoughts Sincerly has posted and referenced to that passage.  Parenthetical reference, to me, generally means that what has been posted is what the Scriptures themselves say.  If we just want to expand on the possible meaning of a particular Scripture then I would be more comfortable if we gave the exact Scriptural wording of whatever translation we are using followed by the parenthetical reference and then write out our personal thoughts and opinions of what that particular Scripture means.

The problem being that those who are unused to researching the Scriptures or are not particularly familiar with the Scriptures might be inclined to believe that what precedes the parenthetical reference as the very word of God.  This is akin to many who just listen to teachers and preachers or their next door neighbor about what they think God is like and basing their knowledge of God on an incomplete and possibly incorrect understanding of God's word.

Just my thoughts and may God bless each and every one of you.  Enjoy the holiday, for those who observe it.

In Christ, Ted.

Flag Bob10 September 9, 2010 1:10 PM EDT

Matt. 7 and Luke 13 says the majority of Jesus' followers are on the wide path of destruction. Jesus calls these people "lawless" -- they practice "iniquity", "lawlessness". They follow what Peter calls the twisted and wrested lawless interpretation of Paul's letters (2 Peter 3: 15-17). Instead, we are to grow and increase in "THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE LORD and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18, Col 1:10, 2 Peter 2:20) -- see also 2Chronicles 30:22.

"The many", the majority, the mainstream acknowledge Jesus as their LORD (Matt. 7:22-23) --- "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in THY NAME, and in THY NAME have cast out demons, and in THY NAME done many wonderful works.  Then I [Jesus] profess unto them, I  [JESUS] never knew you: depart form me, you who work iniquity [lawlessness]."

Paul kept "the ways of the LORD" (Rom. 11:33) like David (2 Sam. 22:22). We, too, are not suppose to error and depart from "the ways of the Lord" (Heb. 3:10-12 and Acts 13:10, Rev. 15:3).

God Bless!

Flag miami-ted September 9, 2010 3:41 PM EDT

Hi Bob,

I am in complete agreement with you.

God bless you.

In Christ, Ted.

Flag birwin4 September 10, 2010 12:41 AM EDT

Sep 9, 2010 -- 1:10PM, Bob10 wrote:

Matt. 7 and Luke 13 says the majority of Jesus' followers are on the wide path of destruction. Jesus calls these people "lawless" -- they practice "iniquity", "lawlessness". They follow what Peter calls the twisted and wrested lawless interpretation of Paul's letters (2 Peter 3: 15-17). Instead, we are to grow and increase in "THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE LORD and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18, Col 1:10, 2 Peter 2:20) -- see also 2Chronicles 30:22.

"The many", the majority, the mainstream acknowledge Jesus as their LORD (Matt. 7:22-23) --- "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in THY NAME, and in THY NAME have cast out demons, and in THY NAME done many wonderful works.  Then I [Jesus] profess unto them, I  [JESUS] never knew you: depart form me, you who work iniquity [lawlessness]."

Paul kept "the ways of the LORD" (Rom. 11:33) like David (2 Sam. 22:22). We, too, are not suppose to error and depart from "the ways of the Lord" (Heb. 3:10-12 and Acts 13:10, Rev. 15:3).

God Bless!

I read your two Biblical references but cannot find any sense that it was the followers of Jesus who were missing the mark. I imagine you are having a go at mainstream Churches and I wonder if that is what Jesus would do or want us to do in His name. Bob are you an SDA and does the '10' stand for the decalogue?

Flag miami-ted September 10, 2010 8:03 AM EDT

Hi Birwin,

Just a note to clear up some possible misunderstanding.  In Matthew 7 Jesus tells us how their are two roads and that many are on the broad road and few on the narrow.  Then just a few e down

Flag miami-ted September 10, 2010 8:17 AM EDT

Hi Birwin,

Alright, let me try this again.  Somehow only a partial of my post went through.

In Matthew Jesus is teaching that there are two gates leading to two roads.  A broad gate

leading to a broad road upon which are many people.  A narrow gate leading to a narrow road that few take.  Further down he explains that not everyone who says, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kindom of heaven, but only those who do the will of the Father.  He then says, "Many will say to me on that day, (that would be the day of judgment) 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'  Jesus is going to say to them, "I never knew you.  Depart from me you evildoers!"

I think that this paints a fairly clear picture that those who are crying out, 'Lord, Lord did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?', are people who, when living upon the earth, aligned themselves with the people of God in worship and even serving in various good acts that their fellowship may have done.

I used to be that exact kind of Christian.  I went to church every Sunday and participated with the youth activities, but never had any relationship with Jesus.  For all intents and purposes I might as well have been going to a Rotary club or Lion's club meeting.  All about doing good works, but in my own power and because it made me feel good and acceipted to be among friends doing good things.  Enjoying the companionship and fun of handing out food or helping some elderly people cleanup their home.

In the referenced passage of Luke it is pretty much the same picture except that instead of narrow gate and road, Jesus speaks of the narrow door.  Instead of the many crying out that they did miracles and prophesied, the people here are eating and drinking with him, a pretty sure allusion to communion.

In other passages we are warned of those who like ravenous wolves eat and drink with us.  Again, a rather clear picture that there are some even among us, involved in our fellowships who are not of us.

God bless you.

In Christ, Ted.

Flag miami-ted September 10, 2010 8:22 AM EDT

BTW, before you ask, I'm not SDA.  I worship with an independent baptist fellowship.  I have no problem with worship on Sunday as I'm pretty much in worship mode every day of the week so it really doesn't matter.

God bless you.

In Christ, Ted.

Flag birwin4 September 12, 2010 9:15 PM EDT

Sep 10, 2010 -- 8:22AM, miami-ted wrote:

BTW, before you ask, I'm not SDA.  I worship with an independent baptist fellowship.  I have no problem with worship on Sunday as I'm pretty much in worship mode every day of the week so it really doesn't matter.

God bless you.

In Christ, Ted.

Thanks Ted

Whether they were true followers of Jesus is the issue with me, hence my earlier post.

Both Sincerely and Bob10 advocate that unless one worships on the Jewish Sabbath, then one is an apostate and not a true follower of Jesus. This would include you and me.

Flag Rgurley4 September 16, 2010 8:50 PM EDT

A. Obeying the Commandments of "God" is "everything".= a sign of Christian maturity.
B. Obeying all the Commandments / Laws in all of the Bible by Man on his own is impossible.
C. Obeying the 10 Commandments (and/or Big 2 and/or Law) will not allow Man to work his way to heaven.
D. Obeying the Precepts / Commandments of Jesus the Christ (as set forth in the Gospels + Acts 1-12)
   (FAITH / BELIEF in Jesus) is the ONLY way to Heaven
   AND the only way of being spiritually fruitful and returning His Love.

All of the above statements are TRUE!...all citations from NIV

1. Jesus confirmed 9 of the 10 Commandments and fulfilled the Mosaic Law!...Man cannot keep the LAW!
2. He gave us The SUPER 2 Commandments...
 A. LOVE GOD...confirmed Exodus 20 ....Deuteronomy 5
 B. LOVE NEIGHBOR AS SELF...see e.g....Luke 10
3. And He gave us NEW Commandments / Precepts

Mark 8...Jesus' demands on His followers...
34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: 
"If anyone would come after me, he must (as a Christ - Follower / Chistian)
>>>deny himself, and
>>>take up his cross, (sacrifice of self)
>>>and follow me. (keep precepts / examples)
35  For whoever wants to save his life will lose it,
but whoever loses his life for ME and for the GOSPEL will save it.
36  What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?
37  Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?
38  If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation,
     the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."(Second Coming)

John 15...The Vine and the Branches ...
If a man remains (dwells) in me (JESUS) and I in him, he will bear much fruit;
>>>apart from Me you can do nothing...<<< (obedience to Law included!)
>>>If you OBEY MY COMMANDS, you will remain in my love,<<<
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you.
Now remain in my love....
...This is my command: Love each other.

John 1: ...The Word (LOGOS) Became Flesh...Jesus was Divine...TRI-UNE God
 He was in the world, (planet Earth)
and though the world was made through Him,
the world (people) did not recognize Him.
He came to that which was His own, (Hebrew nation)
but His own did not receive him.
Yet to all who RECEIVED him,
to those who BELIEVED in His NAME,
He gave the right to become CHILDREN of God—
children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will,
but born of God.
The Word became flesh (the GOD-MAN)
and made His dwelling among us.
We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, (Jesus the Christ)...transfiguration and ascension
 who came from the Father, full of GRACE (unmerited favor) and truth.
John (the Baptizer) testifies concerning him.
He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said,
'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' "
From the fullness of his GRACE we have all received one blessing after another.
>>>For the law (commandments) was given through Moses (Mosaic Law of the Old Testamaent);
>>>GRACE and truth came through Jesus (the) Christ.
No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,(Jesus the GOD-MAN)
who is at the Father's side, has made Him known.
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always OBEYED—...
—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
>>>for it is God (The Holy Spirit) who WORKS in you to WILL and to ACT according to HIS good purpose.<<<

Acts 13:38-39
Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that
through Jesus the FORGIVENESS OF SINS is proclaimed to you.
Through Him, everyone who BELIEVES is JUSTIFIED (found legally "not guilty")
from everything you could not be justified from by the LAW of Moses.
Take care that what the prophets have said does not happen to you. (for not following the Law!)

By the way, both Paul and David were sinners in need of a Savior!

1 Corinthians 17...remain as when God called you...MARRIAGE ADVICE...(NIV)

17Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him. This is the rule I (PAUL) lay down in all the churches. (visited)

18Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised.

19Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing.

>>>Keeping God's commands is what counts.<<<(as to "that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him.")

20Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him.

Flag Bob10 October 27, 2010 10:37 AM EDT

When the LORD finished speaking to Moses on Mount Sinai, he gave him the two tablets of the Testimony, the tablets of stone inscribed by the finger of God (Exodus 31:18, NIV).

The Commandments of God are his Testimony (Ex. 32:15, 34:29), because God testified his will in them.

And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God (1 Corinthians 2:1, NASB).

"....but obeying the commandments of God is everything" (1 Cor. 7:19, NRSV).

Paul, speaking to Christians says:
“Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise: “that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth” (Ephesians 6:2-3, NKJV).

1 Cor. 2:1 - "Testimony of God"
1 Cor. 1:6 -- "The testimony of Christ"; therefore, Christ is God.

Rev. 11:19 - Ark of his testament
Rev. 15:5 - Tabernacle of the Testimony
Ex. 38:21 - Tabernacle of Testimony
Ex. 40:5 - Ark of the Testimony

Rev. 12:17 and 14:12 - Commandments of God

Flag Bob10 November 16, 2010 11:43 AM EST

Matthew 6:33 (New King James Version)
Jesus said: 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Mark 12:33-34 (New King James Version)
33 And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
34 Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”

Micah 6:6-8 (New American Standard Bible)
What God Requires of Man
    6 With what shall I come to the LORD
         And bow myself before the God on high?
         Shall I come to Him with burnt offerings,
         With yearling calves?
    7 Does the LORD take delight in thousands of rams,
         In ten thousand rivers of oil?
         Shall I present my firstborn for my rebellious acts,
         The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
    8 He has told you, O man, what is good;
         And what does the LORD require of you
         But to do justice, to love kindness,
         And to walk humbly with your God? (see also, Jeremiah 7:22-23; Hosea 6:6, Col. 1:10).

Deuteronomy 10:12-13 (New American Standard Bible)

12 "Now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require from you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13 and to keep the LORD'S commandments and His statutes which I am commanding you today for your good?

Romans 8:4 (English Standard Version)
in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Flag Rgurley4 November 16, 2010 1:49 PM EST

Sorry...I do not see how those string of verses support your incorrect premise...obeying / following the LAW of the Old Testament and Jesus' precepts of the New Testament are absolutely necessary for salvation...will get you to heaven.....or for ANYTHING ELSE.

John 1(NIV)... Jesus: The "Word" Became Flesh...

10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born (again spiritually) of God. ...no need to work your way to salvation!

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. (Jesus: the God-Man).We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

16 Out of his fullness (perfection) we have all received GRACE in place of grace already given.

17 For the LAW was given through Moses; (for his chosen people:Israel)

grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. (for his chosen people: Believers)

18 No one has ever seen God (the Father) (a spiritual being), ...only manisfestations

but the one and only Son (Jesus the Christ), who is himself God (part of the TRI-UNE God)

and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

The Nation Israel (without a Messiah) have been made "covenants"...conditional promises , dependent on the "law", that they must follow. Unbelievers have been given GRACE ( unmerited favor) though Spirit-led FAITH / BELIEF that they may freely accept the gift.

Believers after the Cross live in the "CHURCH AGE"...the era of GRACE. After salvation, they are guided to do the WILL of the TRI-UNE God, and are forgiven of their short comings, and their WORKS only will be judged.

Unbelievers are "under the LAW" which is there to convince them of their short comings. They will be judged...What have you done with Jesus? What have you done with your lives?

WHY DO YOU PLACE YOURSELF "under the LAW" ??

Flag Bob10 December 9, 2010 10:46 AM EST

Jesus: "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness..." - Matt. 6:33.

"I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right. (Isaiah 45:19, KJV)  

The statutes of the LORD are right...(Psalm 19:8).
You camest down also upon mount Sinai, and spoke with them from heaven, and gave them right judgments (Nehemiah 9:13).

God's Righteous is something to do, to practice (1Jn 3:7,10), to learn (Isa. 26:9), to submit to (Rom. 10:3), to become a slave to (Rom 6:18).

Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! - Rom. 11:33.

"For the ways of the LORD are right,
         And the righteous will walk in them,
         But transgressors will stumble in them." Hosea 14:9 (New American Standard Bible).

Paul: "...full of all subtilty and all mischief, you child of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?" (Acts 13:10).

1 Kings 3:14 (King James Version)
 And if you will walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as your father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.

Flag Bob10 December 9, 2010 11:01 AM EST

Unbelievers are "under the LAW" which is there to convince them of their short comings. They will be judged...What have you done with Jesus? What have you done with your lives?WHY DO YOU PLACE YOURSELF "under the LAW" ??

Rgurley, how right you are. The unbelievers (the disobedient) are under the law (Rom. 3:19 with 1Tim 1:8-9). The righteous (the obedient) are under God's grace, which teaches us to live righeously, godly and soberly - Titus 2: 11,12.

Hebrews 3:18 (King James Version)
 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that "believed" not?  My Nelson KJV study Bible has "obeyed" in the center margin.

And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed?  Hebrew 3:18, NIV.

Hebrews 5:9 (King James Version)
 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

John 3:36 (American Standard Version)
  He that believeth on the Son hath eternal life; but he that obeyeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Flag Bob10 December 28, 2010 11:06 AM EST

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me

bible.cc/proverbs/8-17.htm

Best Wishes for 2011.

America, Bless God who has given us much.

Flag Eagle-1 December 29, 2010 8:54 AM EST

Sep 10, 2010 -- 12:41AM, birwin4 wrote:

Sep 9, 2010 -- 1:10PM, Bob10 wrote:

God Bless!

I read your two Biblical references but cannot find any sense that it was the followers of Jesus who were missing the mark. I imagine you are having a go at mainstream Churches and I wonder if that is what Jesus would do or want us to do in His name. Bob are you an SDA and does the '10' stand for the decalogue?

Lawlessness' meanings.....

Former President Bush SR. once said  "The church can do anything it wants."  Alibi of the 2nd Thessalonians 2 "Lawless One" who's covert and to-be-revealed?   His way of controlling the Rev 13 series of  Heads, of  State?   (Who're called Mountains in Rev. 17)  

We  can't  presume we're as qualified to critique churches as the writer of Revelation, (re the Seven Churchs of Asia, already flawed as they were)  but  when  "the great falling away" from the Word happens, do the TV preachers  have  a  duty  to  expose  it?  The  A.F.A.  newsletter has informed us of one denomination's  bishop claiming the Bible isn't the final word, on homosexuality.   As a woman, a grandmother,  I don't feel obligated, but  what's to be done to prevent his maybe causing  thousands of  members to lose their salvation, and by whom?    

Flag Roodog December 29, 2010 10:46 PM EST

To paraphrase a famous rabbi:

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart,soul, strength and mind and love your neighbor as yourself. All else is commentary."

Flag Bob10 January 16, 2011 12:12 PM EST

Romans 2:27 (New American Standard Bible)
 And he who is physically uncircumcised, if he keeps the Law, will he not judge you who though having the letter of the Law and circumcision are a transgressor of the Law?

Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, each according to his conduct," declares the Lord GOD. "Repent and turn away from all your transgressions, so that iniquity may not become a stumbling block to you.

"Cast away from you all your transgressions which you have committed and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! For why will you die, O house of Israel?  - Ezekiel 18:30-32 (New American Standard Bible).

Jeremiah 18:15 (New Century Version)

But my people have forgotten me.
       They burn incense to worthless idols
    and have stumbled in what they do
       and in the old ways of their ancestors.
    They walk along back roads
       and on poor highways.

Jeremiah 6:16 (New King James Version)
 Thus says the LORD:

“ Stand in the ways and see,
      And ask for the old paths, where the good way is,
      And walk in it; 
      Then you will find rest for your souls.
      But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ - (Isa. 8:20; Mal. 4:4; Lk 16:29).

Matthew 11:29-30 (New King James Version)
 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
 Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” Mark 12:32-34 (New King James Version). - Jer. 7:22-23; Gal. 3:19; Heb. 10:1-6.

Romans 14:17-18 (New King James Version)
for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men.

Isa. 45:19 --> Ps. 19:8 --> Neh. 9:13(Eph. 5:9)

Nehemiah 9:13 (King James Version)

You came down also upon mount Sinai, and spoke with them from heaven, and gave them right judgments, and true laws, good statutes and commandments:

Live as children of light — for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true - Eph. 5:9, NRSV

Flag Eagle-1 January 16, 2011 9:09 PM EST

Amen.

Flag Bob10 January 25, 2011 1:14 PM EST

Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls (Jer. 6:16). For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” - Matt.11:28-30, NRSV.

Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. - Ps. 55:22, NASB.

The righteous (Ez. 18: 5-9) are barely saved (I Peter 4:18) by God's Grace (Eph. 2:8); they "barely escape from the ones who live in error" (2Pet. 2: 1, 18).

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook