Switch to Forum Live View Committing Zina followed by taking false Oath on Allah n Quran
4 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 3:39AM #1
mustafa

Please my Friends,  I am trying to help a female friend who has commited Zina and have repeatedly lied on the Quran and on Allah to protect her sins.

What are the repurcussions of such an act and how to seek forgiveness for such sins?

Answers with appropriate references would be much appreciated!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 7:04AM #2
Abdullah.

Salamualikum wr wb brother mustafa, and welcome to the forum! Smile

I am no scholar brother hence all I can do on this is just give you my two cents on it and hope that will help

I didn't quite understand your question; the commiting zina bit is clear but by the false oath did you mean she done it in a shariah court [i.e, took repeated oaths that she didn't commit zina] so as to save herself from punishment, and prayed to ALlah for ALlah to protect her from the sin?

Basically, no matter what type of sins a person does, the way to get forgiven is to sincerely repent to ALlah and make a resolve to never sin again and thereafter keep on the path of practicing islam, hence this is what she needs to do

if the false oaths was in court, then it would be better if she admits to the crime and hence this would be considered a type of repentence too and she may be forgiven for initially lying, but if she cannot manage this, then she should sincerely repent and turn into a devout practicng muslim and keep on repenting for the rest of her life [due to the enormous sin it is] and inshALlah ALlah would forgive her

It is Allah's perogative to forgive any sin except shirk [associating partners with ALlah] and I think false oaths or perjury may not fall under such a sin, allthough it could well be very close to it..., for such false oaths could constitute a major type of hypocrysy, so to be on the safe side, i would reccomend that she say the shahadah again too

Here are the relevent Ayahs and hadiths:

Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin most heinous indeed. -- Sura 4:48

Allah forgiveth not (the sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right). -- Sura 4:116

“And your Lord said:'Invoke Me, and I will respond to your (Du'aa). Verily, those who scorn My worship (i.e. do not supplicate to Me and do not believe in My Oneness) they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!” [(40): 60]

Anas (radhiallahu anhu) said that he heard the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) say: “Allah the Exalted said: “O son of Adam! As long as you invoke Me and plead to Me, I will forgive you whatever you have committed, and I will not make much of it. O son of Adam! If your evil deeds reach the borders of the sky, and then you ask Me for forgiveness, I will forgive you. O son of Adam! If you bring forth the earth full of errors, then you meet Me while you do not associate anything (or anyone) with Me, I will bring forth for you its full of forgiveness.” [At-Tirmidhee]

He (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) also said: “Allah is shy and Most Gracious, He is shy that the slave raises his hands unto Him (in Du'aa) and then return them empty.” [Saheeh al-Jami]

Allah says: “And never give up hope of Allah's Mercy. Certainly no one despairs of Allah's Mercy, except the people who disbelieve.” [Soorah Yusuf (12): 87]

Anas (radhiallahu anhu) related that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) entered on a young man who was dying, and said to him: “How are you?” He said: “I hope in Allah and fear my errors!” the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “They (fear and hope) will not be combined in the slave's heart in this situation, but Allah will give him what he hopes for and will grant him safety from what he fears.” [At-Tirmidhee]

Further, Allah says: “(Ibrahim (alaihi as-salaam) said: “And who despairs of the Mercy of his Lord except those who are astray?” [Soorah al-Hijr (15): 56]

And: “Say: “O My slaves who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.” [(39): 53]

“And whoever does evil or wrongs himself but afterwards seek Allah's forgiveness, he will find Allah Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [Soorah an-Nisa (4): 110]

hope this helps

Salam

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 12:12PM #3
Ceren

Apr 25, 2010 -- 3:39AM, mustafa wrote:

Please my Friends,  I am trying to help a female friend who has commited Zina and have repeatedly lied on the Quran and on Allah to protect her sins.

What are the repurcussions of such an act and how to seek forgiveness for such sins?

Answers with appropriate references would be much appreciated!

Please check this: seekersguidance.org/ans-blog/2009/08/23/...

In my opinion, the best way to help her is leaving her alone. She knows what she did is wrong, it's not helpful or conducive to talk about those particular incidents anymore. She should have time alone to reflect on her actions and to repent sincerely to Allah swt for her sins.

If anything, the best she can help is get inspiration to come close to Allah swt. Allah swt forgives the sins of the slaves that sincerely repent. She should realize the mercy and love Allah swt has for His slaves and embrace that and take strength from that love and mercy to stay away from sins.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2010 - 7:42AM #4
Abdullah.

Apr 25, 2010 -- 7:04AM, Abdullah. wrote:

Salamualikum wr wb brother mustafa, and welcome to the forum!

I am no scholar brother hence all I can do on this is just give you my two cents on it and hope that will help

I didn't quite understand your question; the commiting zina bit is clear but by the false oath did you mean she done it in a shariah court [i.e, took repeated oaths that she didn't commit zina] so as to save herself from punishment, and prayed to ALlah for ALlah to protect her from the sin?

Basically, no matter what type of sins a person does, the way to get forgiven is to sincerely repent to ALlah and make a resolve to never sin again and thereafter keep on the path of practicing islam, hence this is what she needs to do

if the false oaths was in court, then it would be better if she admits to the crime and hence this would be considered a type of repentence too and she may be forgiven for initially lying, but if she cannot manage this, then she should sincerely repent and turn into a devout practicng muslim and keep on repenting for the rest of her life [due to the enormous sin it is] and inshALlah ALlah would forgive her

It is Allah's perogative to forgive any sin except shirk [associating partners with ALlah] and I think false oaths or perjury may not fall under such a sin, allthough it could well be very close to it..., for such false oaths could constitute a major type of hypocrysy, so to be on the safe side, i would reccomend that she say the shahadah again too

Here are the relevent Ayahs and hadiths:

Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin most heinous indeed. -- Sura 4:48

Allah forgiveth not (the sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right). -- Sura 4:116

“And your Lord said:'Invoke Me, and I will respond to your (Du'aa). Verily, those who scorn My worship (i.e. do not supplicate to Me and do not believe in My Oneness) they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!” [(40): 60]

Anas (radhiallahu anhu) said that he heard the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) say: “Allah the Exalted said: “O son of Adam! As long as you invoke Me and plead to Me, I will forgive you whatever you have committed, and I will not make much of it. O son of Adam! If your evil deeds reach the borders of the sky, and then you ask Me for forgiveness, I will forgive you. O son of Adam! If you bring forth the earth full of errors, then you meet Me while you do not associate anything (or anyone) with Me, I will bring forth for you its full of forgiveness.” [At-Tirmidhee]

He (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) also said: “Allah is shy and Most Gracious, He is shy that the slave raises his hands unto Him (in Du'aa) and then return them empty.” [Saheeh al-Jami]

Allah says: “And never give up hope of Allah's Mercy. Certainly no one despairs of Allah's Mercy, except the people who disbelieve.” [Soorah Yusuf (12): 87]

Anas (radhiallahu anhu) related that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) entered on a young man who was dying, and said to him: “How are you?” He said: “I hope in Allah and fear my errors!” the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “They (fear and hope) will not be combined in the slave's heart in this situation, but Allah will give him what he hopes for and will grant him safety from what he fears.” [At-Tirmidhee]

Further, Allah says: “(Ibrahim (alaihi as-salaam) said: “And who despairs of the Mercy of his Lord except those who are astray?” [Soorah al-Hijr (15): 56]

And: “Say: “O My slaves who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.” [(39): 53]

“And whoever does evil or wrongs himself but afterwards seek Allah's forgiveness, he will find Allah Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [Soorah an-Nisa (4): 110]

hope this helps

Salam

ps: If the fasle oaths was to friends and family, then I think it may be best if she dont tell anyone that she lied. but at the same time resolve to never lie again, thus if someone asks her  again if she did it, she can iether not answer or answer in a round about way without lying; such as saying, 'My Allah knows the truth and I dont have to tell you', etc, for in Islam one should not publicise their sins to people, but the repentence and becoming a devout muslim from now on is crucial

the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “Avoid this filth that Allaah has forbidden. Whoever does any such thing, then let him conceal it with the concealment of Allaah.” (Narrated by al-Bayhaqi). 

And Muslim (2590) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah does not conceal a person in this world but Allaah will conceal him on the Day of Resurrection.” 

hope this helps

Salam

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2010 - 11:06AM #5
IDBC

Howdy Abduallah 

"It is Allah's perogative to forgive any sin except shirk [associating partners with ALlah] and I think false oaths or perjury may not fall under such a sin, allthough it could well be very close to it..., for such false oaths could constitute a major type of hypocrysy, so to be on the safe side, i would reccomend that she say the shahadah again too" 

If your claim is true then Allah has the perogative to forgive this women her sin even if she does it in a court because she is not comitting shirk. 

Does mean that Allah does not have the perogative to forgive the sin of shirk even if the person sincerly repents?

By the way when a person makes testimony in an Islamic  court is the person obligated to swear on the Quran?

Happy Boobquake Day Everybody !  Smile

www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALe...

www.wgntv.com/entertainment/viral/wgntv-...

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 2 guests
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook