Switch to Forum Live View What your favorite ACIM Lesson?
4 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2010 - 9:29PM #1
Aaron

My favorite lesson is, " I am among the ministers of God."

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2010 - 6:22PM #2
Bob_Bennett

Welcome to the forum Aaron.  We can use more energy here.

Bob

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2010 - 12:28PM #3
Maggiemcc

My favorite Course lesson is "I could see peace instead of this" It was the first lesson that really sunk in for me.

Maggie

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 01, 2010 - 6:14AM #4
Luke ACiM

Hi. Just stumbled into this discussion and really liked the idea of it. I study ACiM alot and to be honest I can't think of an outright favourite lesson. One of my favourites has got to be "God's Healing Voice protects all things today" - there is a sentence in it saying "I need be anxious over nothing". Great against attack thoughts my mind harbours.

Whenever I get the chance I like to share my favourite ACiM links - this is a basic list of them at the moment.

livingacim.com/resources/getacim.htm - this takes you to a page full of audio-downloads from Robin (an ACiM student). Here you can download an audio(talking book version) of "A Course in Miracles" (about 1.2GB). I've put it on an MP3 player - takes the hard work out of studying! 

acim-search.miraclevision.com/std-second... - an online A Course in Miracles.

12stepmiracle.com/Today-s-Lesson.html - a site that gives the lesson of the day - part of a site devised for people who read A Course in Miracles (ACiM) and go to 12 Step groups.

acimchat.ning.com - a community site with regular discussions plus chatroom

pathwaysoflight.org/lessons/index.html - for a commentary on the lesson of the day.

miraclesoneradio.org - an internet radio station - nice mix of gentle music with some ACiM music and meditations.

www.onemindfdn.org/acimgather.htm - an talk radio station.

youtube.com/coursequickies - short videos of international students who read A Course in Miracles.

courseinmiraclesforum.com/acimbible.html - a site that compares quotes from the New Testament and A Course in Miracles.

courseinmiracles.com - helpful site where one can lookup or locate quotes in ACiM. 

themiracletimes.com - another daily lesson site - click on the number of the lesson and it takes you to another page where you can download audios of the daily lesson or their daily section from ACiM.

All the best with learning and living forgiveness.  Luke.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2010 - 3:22PM #5
Icanseethisdifferently

My least favorite is "Into His presence would I enter now". I just didn't acheive the promised results with that lesson. But then there were other results I never accomplished either like "Light Episopes"

But I did come to hear the Holy Spirits voice and that was a great thing for me. I also started to have telephatic communications from many people. I had visions of the future.

Still, greater than all this was walking through life with Jesus changing the world for me as I allowed Him to. Oh, the Miracles I can tell you about. I used tomeditate 3 hours a day and what happened was just to wild. The sidewalks really did rise up to carry me safely to my holy destinations. The traffic lights stood ready to protect me at intersections. The stairwell railing was pleased to help me up the stairs. The birds sang for me. The sun shone for me. The trees were there just to be close to me. Everyone I met seemed enlightened too. I'd walk into a grocery store and people would all be stranglely nice to me. My car became a magic chariot that took me to my important missions. The rain fell for me. The wind blew for me. Even the ocean became my best friend. Shoes were amazing creations made to protect and aid me in my important missions. Flowers bloomed to please me. Dogs couldn't bare not to sniff my wonderfulness.

Yes, my world became something right out of Alice and Wonderland. Everything was alive, intelligent and there to serve me as I served them. Everything was Holy. Everything was eternal. Everything was invulnerable. Everything was there to help me to help everyone. Have you ever driven down the freeway and felt it's happiness that it could serve you? The earth spun so I could get some night to sleep in.

I remember looking at my car and it came to my mind what an incredible gift the car was to me. It came to my mind how many year, how many people and how many hours of thought and labor went into making this car a reality so I could drive around. From the invention of the wheel and the discovery of fire to the bazillion hours that man had labored inventing, engineering and creating the inumerable pieces that were required to build this car. Every little nut and screw had an amazing history. I thought about how many people it took just to assemble this one car. It was maybe everyone who ever lived on this planet. I also thought about all the finger prints that might be on the car. Thousands! I saw the car so differently that day. People were born, fed, raised and educated to labored for and even die to bring me a car. What an amazing thing this car is. So much history and effort it took to put this convienient carriage in my garage. 

So, the real question is...why did I stop meditating so much? I still live in a beautiful world but not at the level I was at.

My favorite lesson? That seems an impossible question to answer....perhaps, "I am upset because I see something that is not there." That was very powerful for me. Hmmmm, "I can see this differently." is maybe even more powerful. Oh wait, "There is no world." Yes, that takes me often times right to the Happy Dream.

You know, in my meditations I would often times just dream about being held safely in God's giant hands and just soak in His Love and Protection. When I came out of the meditations the whole world was so perfect in all ways. Even the wars were perfect. Anyone I saw in those moments was going to get a huge loving hug from me.

Someone ask me about Tucson Arizona! Oh what a time that was. Everyday was full of Miracles. I had gone from being rich in California to being broke in Tucson Arizona working for minimum wage as a leasing agent for a huge apartment complex. Talk about a life style change! I had been 40 and retired when the stockmarket wiped me out. All of a sudden I was darn near broke. What misery! A bit of a gambling addiction you might say!

So I'm 44 years old and I'm low man in a shit job working for a fraction of what I used to get paid living in a small apartment in the frikkin desert. I had to move for California was too expensive and so since I liked the desert and their was work for me there I loaded up everything I owned in a U Haul truck with a busted windsheild and snuck out of S. California in the middle of the night.

One day I found myself sweltering in the sun in July going up and down the stairs of 330 apartments with a huge bag of fliers I was to hang on everyone's door knob. Can you imagine what I was thinking? lol! "$8 an hour to toil in hell after being rich in Newport Beach California!"

That's when I remembered Jesus and said the magic words...."I am willing to see this differently. I am willing to not be angry at the whores in the office who waited until 2 pm to send me on this 4 hour assignment in the blazing July sun with temps of 110 in the shade with polyester clothing on while they do nothing in the air conditioned office."

But I did mean it! And then POW! All these thought ran through my head. First one was. "Hey, at least your out of the office full of vipers for a few hours. Would you rather be with them?" And then "Do you feel that breeze on your neck? Isn't that nice?" "Fresh air in the desert. Sees those amazing views everytime you climb up a staircase. Isn't Tucsun beautiful? You need excercise, and now you are getting paid to excercise. You used to pay to excercise! You know, people are happy to get these fliers welcoming them to the BBQ party you guys are throwing. Isn't it amazing how $8 an hour offers you the same standard of living as $25 an hour did in California? And now you don't have all that pressure like you did have. Really, what would you rather be doing? Isn't going around and inviting everyone to a party fun? This is doing wonders for your glutes. I'm sorry, what were you complaining about?" and I stopped to talk to many of the residents and chat for a moment about the party and a beautiful sunset was forming and clouds were coming in and when I had finished and started walking back to the office there is a huge mountain in my view. (Catalina Mountain) and it wa raining on the mountain and the setting sun had lit up the whole mountain and TWO huge rainbows were OVER the mountain and instantly I knew that I with Jesus had surmounted a mountain that afternoon.

I got back into the office and the women told me to finish passing out the fliers tomorrow. I said "Oh no, I did the whole complex. What else do you need?" For I was not tired in the least. I could have done it all over again. It was my greatest day in Tucson. They could not believe I had done the entire complex and drove out to look at all the doors.

Man, did I sleep good that night! What a job! Oh the stories I can tell you! 3 years in the desert! I beat Moses by 37 years! I had Jesus everyday with me. I had too! We had a lot of fun! Everyday was an amazing adventure with Him.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2010 - 6:27PM #6
Weepingangelofthetrees

"You do not walk alone. God's angels hover near and all about.                    His Love surrounds you, and of this be sure; that I will                    never leave you comfortless." ^j^

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2010 - 8:44PM #7
Myownpath

I am not a victim of the circumstances I see

I can choose peace instead of this.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2011 - 5:45PM #8
Mizmotown

My holiness envelops the world.

Teach only love, for that is what you are.

Whenever you offer a miracle to another, you are shortening the suffering of both of you.

The Holy Spirit offers you release from every problem that you think you have.

All you need but do is wish that heaven be given to you instead of hell.

The Holy Spirit leads as steadily to Heaven as the ego drives to hell.

Miracles are the instants of release you offer, and will receive.

The choice to judge rather than to know is the cause of the loss of peace.

If I am asked to participate in the decision, the decision will be the right one.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook