Switch to Forum Live View Looking for a teacher.
4 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2010 - 10:35AM #1
A26453

Hello, my name is Alexander, I'm currently looking for a teacher. I understand that my spiritual journey is something that I must ultimately do myself, but I'm really looking for someone to help guide me. I've always learned best with a teacher no matter what the subject. I have had a teacher once but obviously I'm without one; so I'm brand new to this but I have lost my way and would greatly appreciate if someone would take it upon themselves to take me up under their wing so to speak. 

Many thanks ahead of time.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2010 - 10:43PM #2
KeaErisdottir

So what do you expect from a teacher-student relationship and what do you bring to one?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2010 - 11:07AM #3
chrissy69

I am new to wicca also and I am looking for a teacher or free online wicca course.

Blessed Be,

Christa

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2010 - 8:48AM #4
Sacrificialgoddess
May I suggest hooking up with your local Meet-up group as a start?  You'll probably find what you are looking for after that.
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2010 - 11:49PM #5
Stardove

Church and School of Wicca

You might find some information at this site.  I simply did a Google search, so I can't say how helpful the site may be.  I also did a search on the founders and all looked well.   The site may not have been updated in a number of years, but hopefully for those seeking they will find something of value at the site.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2010 - 10:07PM #6
Sacrificialgoddess

Oct 11, 2010 -- 11:49PM, Stardove wrote:

You might find some information at this site.  I simply did a Google search, so I can't say how helpful the site may be.  I also did a search on the founders and all looked well.   The site may not have been updated in a number of years, but hopefully for those seeking they will find something of value at the site.

From what I have been told, Stardove, the Frosts reputation is kind of shaky among Wiccans.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2010 - 10:53PM #7
Stardove

Oct 12, 2010 -- 10:07PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

From what I have been told, Stardove, the Frosts reputation is kind of shaky among Wiccans.

I don't really know, but the site looked interesting and seemed to have a lot of information for a beginner.  When I double checked I do see some others with sites of their own have said some things about the couple.  To their credit in 1972, they gained federal recognition of witchcraft as a religion after continuing to lobby for the cause.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2010 - 9:47PM #8
Brownowl33

Oct 12, 2010 -- 10:07PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

They wrote some VERY controversial stuff back in the 70's, which nobody has let them live down.  From what I've read, what they teach doesn't really sound like Wicca; it's more like their own branch of Pagan Witchcraft (not the same thing.)  I haven't read anything new they've done, though, so they may have improved.  However, I don't really recommend paying money to learn.  If you check out sites like Witchvox, you can find local groups and covens that will teach you for nothing, and many UU churches offer free classes through CUUPS that can be a good starting point.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2010 - 10:06AM #9
Sacrificialgoddess
:D

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2011 - 4:35PM #10
Andrew21492

Hey, can I add that Wiccans aren't everywhere? Cause I've looked and there aren't any close to where I'm at.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook