Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 14  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Did Jesus examine the JW's in 1918-1919?
7 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2010 - 4:39AM #11
ForestDweller

Our circuit overseer commented on this in his concluding speech one month ago, and specifically mentioned these two groups within the generation. The point to have in focus, is that they for a period overlap. He used F. Franz as an example, since he was baptized in 1913 as far as I remember, and thus saw the beginning of the period of the end. He died in 1992, and so the "second" group of the remnant, the overlapping group, must have been active for some time before that.

Hence, the point is that it therefore DOES NOT MATTER if the number of partakers is now increasing, because these do not count into the "second" group of the remnant when it comes to where we are in the time line. That is not to say that their hope is a false one, that they are not "really" of the remnant, no such verdict is made - but it is to say that the end is near, and that an increase in the number of partakers should not disturb us or make us think that it could go on forever, because new members of the remnant could be added indefinitely. They will not, because what matters, is that they have to have been serving for a period together with the "first" group of the remnant, examplified in the life span of F. Franz.   

A very comforting thought for all of us who have lost someone we loved so much - it IS near, and the apostate propaganda that it is just "buying time" or "postponing" is false - because the increase does not matter. It will not go on forever - it IS near.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2010 - 9:34AM #12
Goodtobehomestill

Dearest Sister, you are so correct, nothing should disturb us, we are in Jehovah's protected place, and as long as we don't allow ourselves to be lured out, we'll be fine.  As we watch final prophecies being fulfilled, such as the ruining of the Earth, which NO MAN could have predicted, we know where we are in time.  Whether the end of this system comes tomorrow, or 20 years from now, makes no difference.  It all moves toward the conclusion Jehovah planned for centuries ago, and has worked out so carefully.  We lift up our heads and rejoice.

“People are not disturbed by things, but by the views they take of them.”
― Epictetus

Life is like photography, you need a clear lens, and the picture you get depends on what you focus on.

Anger stems from irrational beliefs about others, anxiety stems from irrational beliefs about yourself.---Spencer Lord, The Brain Mechanic
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2010 - 3:05PM #13
Woodrow

Aug 29, 2010 -- 2:14AM, Imperfectense wrote:

Thanks so much Woodrow for your post...if you are who you say you are..your post speaks volumes!

I am. As the ru'ah travels through our "leaves" -like the wind through real trees- we dispense it to others "for the curing of the nations" (Revelation 22 vs 2). We left Christendom behind a long time ago friends. It's all true. We are in the right pipeline, and all the world's peoples who join up with us.

Smile Woodrow means "row of wood"? haha I'm glad to meet you all. Jehovah provides!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2010 - 3:19PM #14
Imperfectense

This whole thread could just go in a frame.Surprised

WTS Bible Dictionary Insight-2 p. 1132 Truth
"Being “the spirit of the truth,” God’s holy spirit could never be the source of error but would protect Christ’s followers from doctrinal falsehoods. (Compare 1Jo 2:27; 4:1-6.)...)

Watchtower 1987 11/1 p. 29 Religion’s Tidal Wave—The Final Reckoning
Examine the religious institution to which you belong. Does what it stands for agree with the Bible in every way? If not, then your organization is part of “Babylon the Great,” or the world empire of false religion. Follow the command found at Revelation 18:4, which is: “Get out of her, my people, . . . if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2010 - 5:04PM #15
Goodtobehomestill

Woodrow, I had overlooked your post, my apologies.  I had just gotten around to watching that DVD recently, it had been in my bag since the convention.  It helped my teenager understand that JWs didn't just pop out of the 'woodwork,' to make an awful sort of weak pun on your board name.

Welcome, nice to meet you, use your good discernment as to 'who is who.' 

“People are not disturbed by things, but by the views they take of them.”
― Epictetus

Life is like photography, you need a clear lens, and the picture you get depends on what you focus on.

Anger stems from irrational beliefs about others, anxiety stems from irrational beliefs about yourself.---Spencer Lord, The Brain Mechanic
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2010 - 7:13PM #16
Woodrow

Aug 29, 2010 -- 5:04PM, Goodtobehomestill wrote:

Woodrow, I had overlooked your post, my apologies.  I had just gotten around to watching that DVD recently, it had been in my bag since the convention.  It helped my teenager understand that JWs didn't just pop out of the 'woodwork,' to make an awful sort of weak pun on your board name.

Welcome, nice to meet you, use your good discernment as to 'who is who.'

Thanks for your kindness and insight Smile I will do as you advise.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2010 - 6:14AM #17
timothea

Mar 30, 2010 -- 10:58PM, Steve wrote:

Newtonian,

Thanks for the detailed reply and willingness to take the time to discuss this with me. You say that the JW's did not measure up when they were inspected from 1914-1918. Do you know what specifically they were judged for? I received the WTBTS book God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached in the mail today. On pages 349-355 it says clearly that those Bible Students who later became Jehovah's Witnesses passed the inspection. This book was published in 1973. Has the view of the Jehovah's Witnesses on this time changed since then? 

Also, I have the WTBTS book Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life published in 1995 and on p.161 it says that Jesus found these true Christians dispensing proper and timely spiritual food.

I'm not sure if what you are saying here is in line with what I'm reading in the WTBTS literature I have. Maybe you could harmonize the two for me?

Steve

Hi Steve you do well to study with JW they have the truth.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2010 - 9:33PM #18
Woodrow

I think I can offer a little insight into what the WTS was judged for. I'm not saying it's the only reason. They needed to be yanked up enough to where they realized they couldn't let just anybody being running their show. Some of the ones "on the inside" were there looking for personal gain. The "temple sanctuary" needed to be dealt a good cleansing before Jehovah could inhabit it.

This is done without announcing an inspection is coming. It's like prophecies. Many times it isn't til after a prophecy has been fulfilled that we come to understand it's been fulfilled. Sometimes the prophets are the last to know they're a prophet.

Whichever religion is currently carrying Jehovah's banner comes under a very much larger magnifying glass. Perhaps that has something to do with why we are often having to be put through a humiliating publicly-viewed readjustment unlike the other churches.

Were we not to make those adjustments Jehovah would hand the baton to someone else. We choose the humiliation. We choose to be tested at all hours. We choose the tough path.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2010 - 9:09PM #19
Imperfectense

This thread just keeps getting better and better.Laughing

WTS Bible Dictionary Insight-2 p. 1132 Truth
"Being “the spirit of the truth,” God’s holy spirit could never be the source of error but would protect Christ’s followers from doctrinal falsehoods. (Compare 1Jo 2:27; 4:1-6.)...)

Watchtower 1987 11/1 p. 29 Religion’s Tidal Wave—The Final Reckoning
Examine the religious institution to which you belong. Does what it stands for agree with the Bible in every way? If not, then your organization is part of “Babylon the Great,” or the world empire of false religion. Follow the command found at Revelation 18:4, which is: “Get out of her, my people, . . . if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2010 - 11:21PM #20
Woodrow

Aug 31, 2010 -- 9:09PM, Imperfectense wrote:

This thread just keeps getting better and better.Laughing

Are you a fellow pearl diver? You peaked at my profile, didn't you. I debated whether I should write that much about myself... but since you're still standing I guess it was OK. I believe like the doctors => Do No Harm.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 14  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook