Page 11 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Did Jesus examine the JW's in 1918-1919?
3 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2011 - 3:18AM #101
older

Oct 9, 2011 -- 2:06PM, LongingForTruth11 wrote:

Ok, I need help! I have been studying with JW's for 4-5 years now and there are things that still do not sit right with me. I would like some answers from faithful JW's or others who claim to be Christians.

First - how can one believe that of every religion in the world, Jesus came only to inspect the JW's in 1918? That seems a bit lofty to me.Not LOFTY  at all.  Jesus wanted corruption kept out of his organization, and modern paid clergy  are disobedient to that  for he said "you received free give free."  And Modern theology is following Constantine who was very evil. HIs pagan bishops were paid large salaries to keep them doing HIS will not the will of Christ. 2 of his bishops refused to agree, and they were exiled ... to be killed if they entered back into Roman territory. So the Council of Nisea was presided over by Constantine  and it was bribed to do his will and threatened with loss of life to disagree. Now that is real corruption! For 1200 years  Constntines favorite  religion  was favored and tauth by keeping bibles away from  the common people. So they only followed what they thought was Christian. Then the  printing pres came into  use.. and people  began to read it!

Second - is it not true that the reason JW's to not celebrate holidays is because of their pagan origins which are not honoring God. It does not matter what you do to a holiday, you can try as hard as you want to cover it up and make it "Christian" but the fact of the matter is that the foundation of all mainstream holidays are NOT honoring to God. So, that being said, how is this situation any different from CT Russell? He used crosses and pyramids in his publications, which were satanic, he is associated with the freemasons, the WT "grave" is a huge pyramid (illuminati?) they made MANY false predictions which the Bible clearly shows as a sign of false profits. No matter how "bright the light gets" you cannot change the foundation of the WT organization, it's mistakes, or where it came from or was associated with. If it did things that were displeasing to Jehovah, just like holidays, we as Christians should not associate with them.

Third - I'd like an explaination as to HOW JW's can be the only true religion? THERE IS NO TRUE RELIGION! We are ALL imprefect humans, we cannot live perfectly, honor God perfectly, interpret the Bible perfectly. The fact is, we have no idea about certain principles in the Bible. Sure, we can use context clues and come to the best and most educated decision, however that does not mean we are correct. We have to try our best, and I certainly agree the Witnesses live a live that is more dedicated to Jehovah than any other religion, but to say they are THE one and only true religion is a lie and is the exact same thing all other false religions say. All religions/organizations are imprefect. Therefore, there cannot be only 1 that is right, becasue they are all wrong in some way. All we can do is pick the most right and make sure everything we do is for Jehovah and Jehovah only - not the congregation or WT society. No they are not the same as other religions. Jesus sent his disciples to go and teach all the nations.That command was never removed  by true Christians... So the door to door work  spread very quickly because all the congregation spread it so thta in just a few years the authorities complained  that it had spread to all the inhabited earth it says in Acts.

Last (well, last for now anyway) - how can it be disrespectful to question the WT society? They are imprefect humans just like the rest of us, they are not prophets, they do not have a direct line of communication to Jehovah any more than any of us do. If they write the doctrine, would not it be our responsibility to question and make sure what they teach is from the Bible and honoring God? I think if you are not able to do personal research and question the authority of the WT then that means you live your life for the WT not for Jehovah. The answer to that is , that what the GB , the WTS publishes  is easily backed by the bible. If one reasons on  it  and not uses a preconceived  meaning  If all the world was as peaceable as JWs there will be no more war.

The governments of the earth were established  by the descendants of Adam and Eve who followed Satan. Satan and the nations  have  had an appointed times of the nations. It is also called the Gentile times. Gentile nations  had  other Gods and did not worship Jehovah .  When they accepted Jesus as their king they became  a part of his nation of true christians.  So Jehovahs kingdom began  when Jesus was on earth. The chosen ones are  called new Jerusalem. Heb. ch. 12 says you have approached  NEW JERUSALEM  those enroled in heaven ... meaning those chosen by God to manage his people, and be his  kings and priests along with  Jesus as he promssed when he  made his covenant with them.  That kingdom was never to pass away , but it was  allowed to be trampled upon until the appointed  times ended. The appointed times ended according to Dan.  who told of the weeks of years , the Gentile times ended in 1914 . Now Christendom has figured that the times are  20 years off  just as the unfaithful of Israel also did. They did not want Jesus accepted as the  king by the weeks of years prophecy. Sothey used the figures of Ptolemy an astrologer who determined the fall of  Jerusalem by an eclipse.Ptolemy was correct in  the eclipse but there was also a previous one just 20 years earlier.He was not an historian, and he  lived about 600 years after the  fall of Jerusalem. So his historical facts are incorrect. ...The bible does have the reigns of varius kings that can also be used to count the time of weeks of years. JWs used the bible to do so.

So, this is not meant to be disrespectful in any way. I know it is hard to judge attitude over the web. I've been studying for so long now, but not having these answers is really holding me back from going to meetings and being baptised. I know I need fellowship, and I know I do not belong in mainstream Christianity because it is false, but sometimes I feel JW's are just as false as the rest of them.

Thanks so much!!

Well Jesus gave the proper measurement . It is love among all the brothers.Other religions  let the natons divide them.JWs follow christ and are peaceable in all lands and neutral to all political affairs, so they are no part of the wicked political world. In Jn 17 Jesus said my followers are no part of the world.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2011 - 1:27PM #102
Woodrow

FEED MY SHEEP. Jesus said that, just like he told John to look after his Mom. The many engines he has blessed me to understand how to make, using new Laws of Physics the world's engineers do not want anyone using [because they didn't invent them, a Jehovah's Witness did] alright, I have been telling how to make many of them online since 2003. Had I had the wherewithal to do so I would have provided them to the sheep but Satan has many people working his side of the alley.

However, the engines not being built are a damnation against Satan's system of things BIG-TIME because they interfered with my responsibility to provide for Jehovah's People. In fact not only did they do everything they could to stop me they stayed on Crude Oil which then has destroyed the environment in the Gulf of Mexico, destroyed much ocean life and the seafood industry and many other terrible fallouts such as the multi-core nuclear meltdowns in Japan which I am sure are doing harm to Jesus' many great people of Japan right now.

Deliberately harming Jehovah's People will be their undoing soon by their refusing every single one of "my" pollution-free engine systems in favor of "high-tech" nuclear wasteland junk. I regret so many times having to use "my" when most of my engine ideas were inspired. I know when I write that it makes Witnesses everywhere cringe in their seats but I am not a trained educated engineer. Over my lifetime Jehovah has guided me along bumping into the few principles I would need later on. This has all been Jehovah's show, not mine.

Therefore even though the Governing Body and entire Watchtower kitchen staff may not yet understand this, my engine work has been a "Ministry" assigned to me since my accidents had confined me inside, for decades now. The Apostle Paul wrote there were "varieties of ministries" but years ago there was a great weightlifter named Paul Anderson who traveled far and wide performing. He claimed his feats of great strength came from God, so in that way Satan soiled the diapers before it came my turn to do "great feats" also.

But my feats of strength were done without training and without bodily strength since my accident had damaged me inside & out. I have no basis to brag even if I wanted to. Satan has set me inside this hedge with all my injuries, injuries stemmed a Direct Result of my genetics being fouled at conception.

In short, my body was born with wet sparkplugs.

HA HA

Paul Anderson can claim all he wants but I don't need to claim anything. Doctors have told me I should not be able to live. My doctors will make my claims for me. The world's trained engineers do not want to eat the "humble pie" of a totally unlearned and ordinary Witness of Jehovah stepping up to their home plate smacking one homer after the other over the farthest fence, the fence they in fact knew was possible to slam balls over but they were crippled up by their own book brainwashing: thermodynamic laws.

"With Jehovah all things are possible!"

And the engineers ~like Jewish Pharissees~ didn't have Jehovah feeding them the engine insights I did, and of Him I boast never myself. This Divinely-appointed Ministry was not in the realm of the Governing Body members to do so I am not in any "competition" with them at all. We are both following orders and direction by holy spirit each in our specialty zone, although after the engines my zone got expanded into their zone and at present they aren't particularly happy about that I think, but that's OK. I am not offended. I stay too busy to waste time getting offended.

This post is a bit of a recap on some points I have made in earlier posts pages ago but the reason I am updating the "foundation" is so I can release the basic instructions for a powerful Solar Energy system I only recently hmm, well, came to my mind, whether inspired or not we will each decide that I suppose. Since Satan has trumped my every effort to Feed Jehovah's sheep I have to release my stuff onto the Internet like a message-in-a-bottle in hopes the Energy-Suffering sheep get wind of it barring the battle of Armageddon, which very well may happen soon. But until that time I have to keep doing my duty towards His sheep class =>

Bear in mind this is totally FREE INFORMATION no monies are being asked or accepted so don't go running and bothering Ranger Ken again because I have been open, upfront an completely aboveboard with Ken already. He knows my intentions are honorable, and I imagine he will want to build one too! :

Can you swing a hammer & saw wood? Any halfways-decent handyman carpenter~plumber can have their wife and parent's homes powered by solar energy. You will need a generator & some batteries, a good decent size SOLAR COOKER and a drill. Drill a hole Dead Center in the bottom & attach a water supply tubing, 1/16 inch will do plenty good. The generator needs to be placed above with a long axle across having blower fins. Build a glass-enclosed greenhouse around it, aim the cooker toward the sun & turn the water on => the stream passing through the focal point, vaporized to steam a powerful force.

When finished you can then stand up a new man who provides for his family well, as Jehovah intended we all do... plus the Watchtower Society branches can reduce their electric bill also, knowing they are no longer contributing coal burning residue into our breathing air and harming the animals of Jehovah's Creation. Even also the churches of Christendom. We don't own the Sun!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2011 - 10:08PM #103
Woodrow

The apostle Paul gave some really solid advice recorded at Ephesians 6 v 18 => "... with every form of prayer and supplication YOU carry on prayer on every occasion in spirit. And to that end keep awake with all constancy and with supplication in behalf of all the holy ones," so it looks like from here if someone sees the members of the Governing Body having some sort of difficulty Paul says we need to be praying for them.

I was also noticing that there was an account about Moses at Numbers 11:17 where God told Moses He would "have to take away some of the spirit that is upon you and place it upon them" (the 70 other men appointed to help Moses). So if the Governing Body ever appears to be having problems perhaps we have fallen down in our part praying for them to be receiving help from Jehovah.

We are all in this together! Like a Family! 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2011 - 1:37PM #104
Woodrow

Satan's World has been making combustion engines quite backwards. The best engineers have been blinded for well beyond 100 years to view BOTH water and engine friction as mortal enemies of modern transportation. Back in 1970-1975 when Jehovah's People (Witnesses) were excited over the prospect of Armageddon about to begin many of us were wondering just how all the cars & trucks would run without fuel; and yet we were filled with a crazy belief that "somehow" Jehovah would make it happen. We expected to turn the ignition keys and all vehicles would run with empty gas or diesel whatever empty fuel tanks. When I was just a little feller we had an old 1948 two-door Chevy that I rather thought ~and still do~ that it looked like a Big Gray Whale. hehehe It was a humpback of a car design I hope never to see again.

That being said, we JW's now living on the nearness of Armageddon once more here on 10/22/2011 this time we have a great deal more scriptural evidence than the October Hope of 1975 based much on Bible chronology, which by itself was awesome... and it still is awesome. The question remains how will all these engines we need work post-Armageddon? This question never bothered me because my faith knew it was already a solved mystery. Over these past few decades I became very blessed to begin understanding engine systems I had not studied. I had worked on our lawnmower engine following the Briggs & Stratton Engine Manual.

My first car was a 1951 Ford, kind of miss that one because it had a "flathead-8" not a V-8 engine. The head bolts were torqued tight enough to never come loose, plus Point-of-Fact they rusted permanently into the head bolt threads... a fact I found out when the two water pumps needed to be replaced YEP it had one water pump per each side! haha so even tho I lacked formal engineering|auto-mechanics I went from small 2-cycle mower engines thru the car engine designs plus the big book Dad left that I read through during summer school break when I was 13YO... all of it priming me to eventually answer the question naturally not by seeking answers but having them come when it was Jehovah's Time, not mine.

The gift of fuelless engines
was not for me to Profit from
 it was God's Gift to all His People.

Of course our post-Armageddon World will have many surprises so whether our engines will actually run on airborne moisture-laden air we cannot know no more than we knew many things in 1975, but the posts I made on this thread I began back on August 11 2011 will explain why it is doable. We will turn the keys, and the car engines will run, with empty fuel tanks. Watch the dates on the posts, most recent are to the top. Soon.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2011 - 12:14PM #105
Woodrow

Remember our old friend the 666, the "man's number" from Revelation 13 v 18? Are you sitting down? Remember those three 69's I ran into back on September 18 last? 

Watch this:

= 69 + 69 + 69

= (6+9) + (6+9) + (6+9) 

= 15 + 15 + 15

= (1+5) + (1+5) + (1+5)

= 6 + 6 + 6

= 666

This the page that explains #1 the three 23's leading me to #2 seeing 3 number 69's that then led into the above calculations: => tinyurl.com/69jobopenings so the Bible is now verified to be God's Word up to and including the inspired writings of the Apostle John in Revelation 13 v 18. Christians are verified to have replaced the nation of Israel. The seal of Jehovah God is now officially upon Jehovah's Witnesses alone in the Earth. Any other religion can think it but we know it, for this was given through one of us anointed not anyone in any other religion.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2011 - 5:37PM #106
Woodrow

Blood. Now why would Bible prophecies mention blood so much for? In Revelation John wrote about blood being so deep it would come up to a horse's bridle. A lot has been written about that but most people fall for the sensational and think it means REAL BLOOD FLOWING DOWN THE STREETS A REAL ARMAGEDDON END TIMES BLOODBATH INDEED.

Makes great movies too! Unfortunately it was symbolic of women. Why? Because women are the Life~Bearers => the word "blood" meaning Life, standing for Life, representing Life, possibly in some instances also representing Death too. For several years I have held that information to myself because I did not want to alter events that were yet needed to take place; so I "stood down" and kept my mouth shut.

The Bible prophets have written to us who live today many times how "the Moon will turn to blood" (or some variation) so I have been watching & waiting to see how in the world women represented by blood could mesh with the Moon turning to blood since women and Moons are very much different.

It occurred to me the Moon was in a "relationship" of some sort with the Sun. John's writings had a lot to do with Politics ("beasts"), plus False Religions pictured a harlot woman who had sexual arrangements with men of politics she being Jesus' intended "Bride"... except that by having agreements with politicians False Religions/Bride made themselves a whore~harlot to Jesus their Bridegroom-to-be.

Which all brings us to this thread and the reason why Jehovah had to select a new Bride Class for Jesus in the first place, which was the Bible Students, later taking the name of Jehovah's Witnesses. The Bride of Christendom soiled her dress with politicians, serving Jehovah a paltry plate filled with scraps. Christendom was dumped at the altar despite many hundreds of years carrying the ball, when things got tough she folded like a deck of cards.

But it looks like all the many insights I was having whether from myself or holy spirit makes little meaning now, the true meaning has come forth and it was not nearly as grandiose an interpretation as I thought it would be. Hillary Clinton's Mom passed away. She was the Moon AND the Blood. Suns apparently refers to the men, the Fathers.

After all this figuring for years, and quite frankly feeling I had really nailed it, in the end it was just that simple. It came down to one woman & Mom. We are now one giant leap for mankind [entering the New System] ahead. We all just took a step on the Moon y'all: 11/01/2011.

I've also noted something else how the Bible prophecies sometimes have more than just one fulfillment. I learned this fact from learning Bible Truths in 1969 from attending Kingdom Halls and reading Watchtower magazines, and JW literature many of you scoffed at... for in their Bible literatures they explained how the Matthew 24 End Times / Last Days prophecy had a literal fulfillment first with Jerusalem when the Temple was destroyed @70 CE. They taught me that some parts of the prophecy were obviously meaning to happen later for the entire world. This was not only the JW teaching it was accepted by most Bible scholars & theologians the world over. So, while Hillary Clinton's Mom has died and fulfilled part of it she did not fulfill the one that says blood would fill the streets as high as horse's bridles so there has to be an extra here somewhere. What have we been seeing the past few weeks? Protests? In the streets? Streets filled with women? AH HA Women, the symbolic blood, has filled the nation's streets! Their physical height being around 5 feet tall upwards of 5' 8" is right about the height of most horse's bridles. Ladies & Gentlemen we have Lift-Off here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2011 - 9:15AM #107
Woodrow

Sweaty feet and the Winepress of God? Human saliva and sweat are both leavening agents. In Italy and "olden countries" where wine-making was done "the old way" for centuries, people would stomp down grapes while barefoot, the wine being fermented by human sweat => their worker's sweaty feet! And in humid climates during a hot day sweat dripped off their noses, their chins and their sweaty brows, and ran down their legs from their sweaty crotch into the grape juice.

What would a "winepress of God" be? Surely not angels stomping grapes! Well, most theologians have thought a worldly outworking of God's great anger would be involved. So did I til November 6 2011 when 12,000 people clasped their hands together, good ol' clammy, nervous sweaty palms together around the White House at 1600 furlongs oops, I mean 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington DC.

Why were the protesters sweating so much for? haha They thought the coppers and military police, soldiers and National Guard were going to come rolling down the street to round them up like barnyard animals. How would 12,000 sweaty-palmed protesting people constitute the "winepress of God"? Ownership? Property rights? Imminent domain? What and how would "of God" apply to a blood-a'flowing throng of DC protesters? The answer to this Revelation Riddle is rather easy:

It can fulfill the "winepress of God" prophecy because God had His prophet John foretell they would be there sweating as if making homemade wine at home in their bathtubs! By Divine foresight into our future Jehovah & Jesus showed John "the things that must shortly take place" and so they have two days ago. Bible Prophecies are falling like doves dead from the skies over Washington DC politician's offices RIGHT NOW.

Make no mistake friends God is angry. Jesus is on the way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2011 - 11:10AM #108
Woodrow

Some would say the previous posts on this page are "impossible" to be true. The idea that Jehovah & Jesus would convey to me thru calendar dates using "the universal language of Math" is impossible; and yet it has been happening since September 18 2011. One thing I have discovered is I never looked for anything of the sort! When I was first baptized in 1970 and for years afterward I was quite content to sit back and wait on Jehovah to do it all. I never expected that one day He would decide to use me as one of His Prophet Class (Anointed). Dates with me go back to February 2008, not starting just now.

When we present ourselves without qualification to Jehovah it is then His Decision how best to use us in His Service, for the accomplishing of His Purpose, not ours. But if & when that time comes if we were to "shrink back" and refuse oh boy, I think that would be real bad... like stabbing ourselves many times over.

I was also taught ("indoctrinated" even) that none of the Sheep should ever "go ahead" of the Anointed, but how does that apply when you find out you too are Anointed? hahaha The plot thickens quickly then!!! It is not my prerogative to know Jehovah's mind as to why He wanted me "out here" writing, inventing and revealing Truths outside of the parameters of the official Governing Body but, like I said before, when it happens to ya what do you do?, because one thing you better not do is say No to Jehovah's holy spirit when it says do something. You might discover 40 years would go by before being asked again!

I wandered through life sick and very ill, for 40 years and more, so with that wandering time served I decided with new evidence I was indeed Anointed but, those who are of the Governing Body + others also Anointed are having to view me with great suspicion due to  my Rip Van Winkle & Melchizedek-like appearance... which is one main reason I was excluded from being a part of the Main Body. It has worked out for a good witness to people who always refused WTS Bible literature offered at the door per the standard JW model.

During the past several months and weeks I have had several try to knock me down by using various psychological weapons & insults even trying to send the demons my way. That does not work so well since the demons are well aware of my strength of spirit & of knowledge. Plus Jehovah gives me much protection especially on those days my health is poor. I just turned 60 recently and having been born without a decent thyroid hormone to energize my cells and mind it hasn't been pretty. Satan ran me down every day of my life by having an edge on me => being blood-poisoned by thyroid hormones incorrect for my "Dad's body" suitable for Mom's brothers... so my "Real Age" is much closer to Moses' age when he died (120) than any piddling 60 years old. hahaha I was 60 when I was 18.

I walked through life in a mental daze even after learning Bible Truth. More than a few times suicide looked like the smartest decision I could make. But I kept on having a feeling I was here for a reason. Perhaps I had "potential". My lifetime of appearing to run from Kingdom service is rather damning and Satan was banking on my refusing to do battle from such a despicable and quite unenviable position having shamed me so badly for decades but I fooled him. He has chased away the weaker ones hoping I would become lonely hahaha I drove tractor trailers close to a million miles and refused beautiful women prostitutes wanting to have all-night sex for a price.

For my lifetime of garbage, which was also meted out to my wife and children, Jehovah has blessed me above & beyond anything remotely resembling BELIEVABLE... so this morning I decided to share a link with you all here of this BeliefNet Community sharing with you a recent post made elsewhere where I wrote about Five Impossibilities that have happened in my life. There have been many others but these are enough for now this link.

But after you read the testimonies of my experiences and conclusions on this page and then even the more fantastic on the above link, I would ask you to stop and think a minute. Ask yourself why all these things have happened to JUST ONE MAN? Why aren't other ministers being used? What about all the other "Great Thinkers" of the World why were they not used? The simple answer is usually the best, and if we look into the Bible record we see a long history of Jehovah using just one man => Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Jesus, Paul, John, Jonah and so on. Jehovah's "Full Glory" comes in beating Satan with just one man. It only takes one man's hand to turn the ignition key. Same goes for keys to the Kingdom's front door.

In the event these links do not open for you in another tab or window just place the Mouse pointer over the link, right click and choose open in new tab or window.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2011 - 5:58AM #109
marken

Oct 9, 2011 -- 2:06PM, LongingForTruth11 wrote:

Ok, I need help! I have been studying with JW's for 4-5 years now and there are things that still do not sit right with me. I would like some answers from faithful JW's or others who claim to be Christians.

First - how can one believe that of every religion in the world, Jesus came only to inspect the JW's in 1918? That seems a bit lofty to me. Hello,   I  have  been  one  of  Jehovah's  witnesses  for  almost  45  years  and  I would  like  to share  some  thoughts  with you.  

I  don't  think   that  Jesus  came  to  inspect  our  religion  in  1918  but  rather  to  inspect  his  temple  made up  of  the  anointed  at  that  time.   Many persons  were  claiming  to  be  of  that  class  in  1918.  Because  of  many  falsehoods  being  taught  by  Christendom,  Jesus  needed  to  cleanse  them  and  he  did  this  in  a  progressive  way  by  opening up  their  minds  to  scripture.  If  any  claiming  to  be  of  the  anointed  at  that  time  did  not  receive  this  cleansing,  then  they  were  rejected.   All  who  accepted  the  cleansing  truths  were  gathered  into  one  united  organization  under  the  leadership  of  Jesus.  He  has  continued  with  this  cleansing  work  right  down  to  our  present  day.  

Second - is it not true that the reason JW's to not celebrate holidays is because of their pagan origins which are not honoring God. It does not matter what you do to a holiday, you can try as hard as you want to cover it up and make it "Christian" but the fact of the matter is that the foundation of all mainstream holidays are NOT honoring to God. So, that being said, how is this situation any different from CT Russell? He used crosses and pyramids in his publications, which were satanic, he is associated with the freemasons, the WT "grave" is a huge pyramid You  are  correct  in  this.  These  are  all  examples  of  the  cleansing  work  that  needed  to  be  done.   (illuminati?) they made MANY false predictions which the Bible clearly shows as a sign of false profits. No matter how "bright the light gets" you cannot change the foundation of the WT organization, it's mistakes, or where it came from or was associated with. If it did things that were displeasing to Jehovah, just like holidays, we as Christians should not associate with them.

Third - I'd like an explaination as to HOW JW's can be the only true religion? THERE IS NO TRUE RELIGION!    I believe  there  is.   It  is  all  outlined  in  the  holy  scriptures.  Under  the  leadership  of  Jesus  Christ,  he  will  lead  us  into  all  truth.  He has  a  thousand  year  reign  in  the  near  future  where  he will  continue  to  educate  those  who  love  him. We are ALL imprefect humans, we cannot live perfectly, honor God perfectly, interpret the Bible perfectly. The fact is, we have no idea about certain principles in the Bible. Sure, we can use context clues and come to the best and most educated decision, however that does not mean we are correct. We have to try our best, and I certainly agree the Witnesses live a live that is more dedicated to Jehovah than any other religion, but to say they are THE one and only true religion is a lie and is the exact same thing all other false religions say. All religions/organizations are imprefect. Therefore, there cannot be only 1 that is right, becasue they are all wrong in some way. All we can do is pick the most right and make sure everything we do is for Jehovah and Jehovah only - not the congregation or WT society.I  believe  that  only one  group  of people  have  Jesus  Christ  as  the  head  and  leader  of  their  group.   He  foretold  that  there  would  be  a  large  group  of people  who  he  would  protect  and  guide  through  the  destruction  of  wickedness.   surely,  these  are  witnesses  of  his  Father.

Last (well, last for now anyway) - how can it be disrespectful to question the WT society? They are imprefect humans just like the rest of us, they are not prophets, they do not have a direct line of communication to Jehovah any more than any of us do. If they write the doctrine, would not it be our responsibility to question and make sure what they teach is from the Bible and honoring God? I think if you are not able to do personal research and question the authority of the WT then that means you live your life for the WT not for Jehovah. I  agree  with you here  that  each human  is  responsible  for  his  standing  with  Jehovah.   although,  we  will  survive  the  destruction  of  wickedness  as  a  group,  we  have  the  responsibility  of  what  we  believe. 

So, this is not meant to be disrespectful in any way. I know it is hard to judge attitude over the web. I've been studying for so long now, but not having these answers is really holding me back from going to meetings and being baptised. I know I need fellowship, and I know I do not belong in mainstream Christianity because it is false, but sometimes I feel JW's are just as false as the rest of them.Jehovah's  witnesses  are  humans.   We  have  all  the  faults  that  all  humans  have but  we  seriously consider  the  counsel  of  the  scriptures.  after  lising  the  faults  of humans  in  2 Tim 3:1-4.  verse  5  admonishes  us to  turn  away  from  these  practices.  If  we  continue  to  practice  them,  we  can  call  ourselves  anything  we  want,  but  we  will  be rejected  by  Jesus.  We  do  not  want  to  be  one  of  those  mentioned  in  verse 7, always  learning  but  never  applying!!

Thanks so much!!

I  don't  know  if  you  are  still  looking  at  this  thread,  but  these  are  the  thoughts  I  want  to  share  with  you.  

Be  a  good  example  in  all  things  and  you  will  be  blessed  by  Jehovah.

with  affection  from Marken

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2011 - 5:50PM #110
Woodrow
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 11 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook