Switch to Forum Live View request for explanation
4 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2010 - 11:38PM #1
rangerken

Hi there,

I'm your occasionally visiting moderator and I have a request. On the Jehovah's Witness Discussion board... which as many of you know tends to be, shall we say, a LITTLE contentious, there's an onging discussion about blood issues. I have absolutely NO idea what the official, JW position, doctrine, belief, etc on this is. If someone who can present an authoratative explanation on the JW Discussion Board, either on an existing thread, or as a new one, would do so it would be most welcome and appreciated... by me at least Smile.

I'll now leave you to your board... and by the way, I am delighted to NOT have much need to come here in my official capacity. Way to go JW's!!!!!

Rangerken, Beliefnet Community Moderator

Conservative, Libertarian, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 11:47AM #2
anotherpaul

Mar 7, 2010 -- 11:38PM, rangerken wrote:

Hi there,

I'm your occasionally visiting moderator and I have a request. On the Jehovah's Witness Discussion board... which as many of you know tends to be, shall we say, a LITTLE contentious, there's an onging discussion about blood issues. I have absolutely NO idea what the official, JW position, doctrine, belief, etc on this is. If someone who can present an authoratative explanation on the JW Discussion Board, either on an existing thread, or as a new one, would do so it would be most welcome and appreciated... by me at least .

I'll now leave you to your board... and by the way, I am delighted to NOT have much need to come here in my official capacity. Way to go JW's!!!!!

Hi Ken,

I will see what i can do. I am sure others will supply info also.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 11:57AM #3
anotherpaul

Mar 7, 2010 -- 11:38PM, rangerken wrote:

Hi there,

I'm your occasionally visiting moderator and I have a request. On the Jehovah's Witness Discussion board... which as many of you know tends to be, shall we say, a LITTLE contentious, there's an onging discussion about blood issues. I have absolutely NO idea what the official, JW position, doctrine, belief, etc on this is. If someone who can present an authoratative explanation on the JW Discussion Board, either on an existing thread, or as a new one, would do so it would be most welcome and appreciated... by me at least .

Hi Ken,

For your own information there is a ton of valuable articles on our views regarding the use of blood.

Go to this site: www.watchtower.org/e/archives/index.htm

and click on "Health Medicine and Blood".

Then pick the articles that interest you. This will avoid posting bits and pieces of this on the debate board.

I am sure you will see the debate board move away from actually discussing our views and why we hold them to assertions we want our chidlren to die, etc. Ain't so, we just want to be obedient to God as our conscience leads us, based on scripture, and give our families the best medical care from a medical prospective as well.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 6:25PM #4
rangerken

Thanks, anotherpaul.

If I post your link on the JW Discussion board, will I be correct in saying it is official JW doctrine? (And of course I've looked at it and it certainly appears to be the 'word' according to your faith) While I do not get into the discussions, I do sometimes throw in things to help things and it is very important that anything I present as fact is indeed fact.

When I do post something like this, as a senior moderator (and there are only three of us on all of BNET outside of management) it just has to be factual.

Rangerken

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2010 - 2:26PM #5
Newtonian

Rangerken - Yes, anything on our official website is accurate as to what all of Jehovah's Witnesses believe, including on the Blood transfusion issue.

The site home is:

www.watchtower.org

You can also use the excellent search engine on the site using search phases like "Blood transfusions."

And if what is on our site is not enough, which is not likely, I will be glad to research further in our printed literature.

Thank you for seeking factual information!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2010 - 8:15PM #6
anotherpaul

Mar 8, 2010 -- 6:25PM, rangerken wrote:

Thanks, anotherpaul.

If I post your link on the JW Discussion board, will I be correct in saying it is official JW doctrine? (And of course I've looked at it and it certainly appears to be the 'word' according to your faith) While I do not get into the discussions, I do sometimes throw in things to help things and it is very important that anything I present as fact is indeed fact.

When I do post something like this, as a senior moderator (and there are only three of us on all of BNET outside of management) it just has to be factual.

Rangerken

Hi Ken,

Yes, as Newtonian has posted, you can list that as the official site.

I am not sure I would use the word "doctrine" as it is such a broad subject that it might actually be made up of several "Doctrines", as it were. I think you could post it as the "official position" of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2010 - 1:40AM #7
rangerken

Thanks anotherpaul and newtonian. I appreciate your help. I'll use it on the JW Discussion Board.

Rangerken

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2010 - 9:27AM #8
humbly.search.for.truth

I realize that as a moderator, you need to have 'official' information if it is to be posted, but here are some additional links that are mostly 'non-official' but offer some good information as well with scriptural support as to why we take the stand that we do.  

godsviewofblood.blogspot.com/2009/11/blo...

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook