5 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2010 - 11:22PM #1
C_d_e_d_b_d_eyes

I really hope this doesn't come off as any kind of insult as that is honestly not ever now or in the future my intent. My daughter has a biography to do on the history of Pocahontas and I told her I would ask you guys about your own knowledge, views, and opinions of the history of this courages woman..... I really don't think American history books will ever come close to the true side of the story ever!!  :)

We thought it would be very interesting to be able to add view points and opinions to her project and make it more real perse'.... no scensorship is required.  Your real names and such are not necessary.  You will remain completely anonymous....this is an addition out of respect for the native tribes who truly belong here. .......This is also my way of providing her a little something about a history she's not taught in school which I too have little knowledge of that she should know.  Is there anything we should know further than what "they're" telling us?

email: jcandet@gmail.com if your up for it and would feel more comfortable this way

and from the bottom of our hearts thank you ...

Sincerely,

Love,

C Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 9:06PM #2
Tenlionz

What would you like to know about "Little Wanton"? her true name was hidden from the whites to hinder negative white majiks, then her name was changed to "Rebeka" I believe, at least from the stories I have heard, she was a dreamer and healer that actually saved lives. She was caught up in the time of white encroachment and I believe much of her story is based on European fascination with the Nobel savage. She married an Englishmen by the name of Rollf I believe and was forced to becomea Christian. Proud daughter of a great Chieftain brought to story book fame by European fascination.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2010 - 1:42PM #3
C_d_e_d_b_d_eyes

I guess all we were really after was your take on the story and how you feel about it.  Something that might be interesting to add to the story book she's making for school.  It would be an interesting thing for her to present to her fellow classmates and oppourtunity for you to teach them something that their text books may not have to offer them. my daughter Symphony has been asking everyday..."mama did your indian friends have anything to say on beliefnet about my story yet cause I'm really excited about it?" I said, be patient, someone will say something i'm sure.  "Tell them I said thank you when they do okay?" 

So, Tenlionz thank you for responding.  You've already said what you remember of the story the only thing left is how do you feel about it?

Blessings for your response!

sincerely,

Jessica aka C_D_E_D_B_D_EYES

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2010 - 6:25PM #4
C_d_e_d_b_d_eyes

Dear ten lions, This is Jessicas duaghter, Symphony. I know a lot about Pocahontas but I think you probably know more about her than I do, that's why I need your help!Smile Well, if you wanted to get an  idea of what I know about her I only know what I've learned on the computer wich is, I know she had two names, one Rebecca, and the other Matoaka. The phowatan indians captured a englishmen named Jhon Smith, and Pocahontas told the phowaton to let him go. But thats only from what I heard.........Then Pocahontas became this great indian princess in this place called Jamestown, there she met another englishmen named Jhon Rolfe. Soon they got married and had one son named Thomas.  So thats all I really know.

Thank you for reading, Symphony.Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2010 - 10:07PM #5
Tenlionz

Mar 4, 2010 -- 6:25PM, C_d_e_d_b_d_eyes wrote:

Dear ten lions, This is Jessicas duaghter, Symphony. I know a lot about Pocahontas but I think you probably know more about her than I do, that's why I need your help! Well, if you wanted to get an  idea of what I know about her I only know what I've learned on the computer wich is, I know she had two names, one Rebecca, and the other Matoaka. The phowatan indians captured a englishmen named Jhon Smith, and Pocahontas told the phowaton to let him go. But thats only from what I heard.........Then Pocahontas became this great indian princess in this place called Jamestown, there she met another englishmen named Jhon Rolfe. Soon they got married and had one son named Thomas.  So thats all I really know.

Thank you for reading, Symphony.Smile

Wow, I think you know as much as I do about her and even more, your a very smart young Lady. Your name is very beautiful and would be highly honored among NDN Peoples. NDN People love music and so those names given which are akin to music are names of great honor.  Very nice to make your acquaintance Symphony.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 9:44PM #6
C_d_e_d_b_d_eyes

Tenlionz, thank you for the compliment on my name, it was very nice!Laughing Well, thanks for the information you gave me, I'm sure it helped on my book report. I've already turned it in though so, I wont bother you anymore! It was very nice to meet you, agian......THANKYOU ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Symphony Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2010 - 8:14PM #7
Tenlionz

Feel free to bother me any time you like little Sister. Besides I may have a question for you some time, let me know how you did on your book report.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2010 - 3:18AM #8
C_d_e_d_b_d_eyes

Okay thanks   I will  Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook