Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
8 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2010 - 11:13PM #1
withwonderingawe

How does this make you feel

“a church planter in Payson, Utah, near Provo. "The spiritual darkness is like a blanket that you wear every day."

www.sbcbaptistpress.org/BPnews.asp?ID=32...

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2010 - 9:04AM #2
Lavender

Yeah, sure. If he doesn't like it, go somewhere else. He's exaggerating at best, lying at worst. And people wonder why we're so sensitive. It's because of idiots like him.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2010 - 10:06AM #3
withwonderingawe

Yesterday I attended a church history symposium at BYU. Richard Bushman who wrote Rough Stone Rolling and Vaughn J. Featherstone were the main speakers. It was wonderful, the Spirit just flowed.

And then a idiot like this comes along.

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2010 - 10:58AM #4
MysticWanderer

Feb 27, 2010 -- 9:04AM, Lavender wrote:

Yeah, sure. If he doesn't like it, go somewhere else. He's exaggerating at best, lying at worst. And people wonder why we're so sensitive. It's because of idiots like him.

I am fascinated to find out how many of his 70 or so converts lost homes, jobs or businesses as he suggests.  I suspect if houses were lost it was through inability to make payments not religious choices.  I noted though he didn't mention his church being burned nor has he been tarred and feathered yet so it ain't that bad.  I suspect someone here who want to puff himself up by nonexistent oppression, a pattern not uncommon in any Christian denomination not even ours.

"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R.Tolkein
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich von Schiller
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2010 - 2:44PM #5
Lavender

We had a stake relief society meeting this morning. It was great.

But, if he wants some "oppression" let his mother turn her back on him. THAT is oppression. He's got a lot of nerve; I'll give him that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2010 - 2:49PM #6
Lavender

Wonder if he would call a lot of protest emails from us "oppression."

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2010 - 5:45PM #7
Acts 28:22

Feb 27, 2010 -- 2:49PM, Lavender wrote:

Wonder if he would call a lot of protest emails from us "oppression."

Don't bother, people of his ilk relish negative feedback.  They hate being ignored

It is impossible to stand upright when one plants his roots in the shifting sands of popular opinion and approval.

Thomas S. Monson
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2010 - 5:57PM #8
Lavender

So true, Acts. If we give him the time of day, he gets want he wants. And then he'll yell twice as loud.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2010 - 8:29PM #9
Ironhold

I wonder what this schmuck would do if he woke up one morning and found a dead deer stapled atop a pentagram painted on his church's front lawn.

That is what those of us who are Mormon have to deal with.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2010 - 5:31PM #10
Lavender

Well said, Bill. Still, this just feeds ignorance and negative perception of the church. How many people will turn a deaf ear to our message because of this crap? I have eternal welfare in mind, not temporal slander.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook