Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Where to put my feet
5 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2010 - 9:29AM #1
Bearsky

In my experince shamanism is real and very personal.  One not much talk about aspect is the question of personal guidence...or where to put my feet/what direction to walk in.   For example I've been in Utah for a number of years.  A few months ago a florida panther began visiting me.  She let me know that a big change was coming and I understood that I was to move back to florida.  There have been a number of problems and difficulties that have arisen in accomplishing this but at each juncture she was there and the issue was resolved. 

Many years ago I learned that I could invite my friends from NOR to be at my side in OR.  Doing this has made shamanism more real, more concrete, and more accessable.  It has also provided me with more directcomfort, direction and knowledge that is invaluable as I come to crossroads and must direct my foolish feet hither or yon.  Dennis

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2010 - 8:48PM #2
Nay_ho_tze
I assume you refer to something other than the ‘power animal’ concept -
that said, I often receive aid from the Green Kingdom –
trees, in particular –

You write: Many years ago I learned that I could invite my friends from NOR to be at my side in OR.
I find this interesting as mine are/have been always 'at the ready' –
no invite req'd -

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2010 - 10:59PM #3
Bearsky

LOL!  Hi!  Mine are... but were not many years ago.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2010 - 11:04AM #4
Nay_ho_tze
Ah, I see -
it was a matter of youth making things more difficult, eh?
I read somewhere that 'youth is wasted on the young' -

isn't it good to be ... um - ... older?
=]
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2010 - 11:20AM #5
Bearsky

OLDER!  I'm only 67!  LOL!  Dennis

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2010 - 11:36AM #6
Nay_ho_tze
And you are a young 67, if your icon's a reasonable facsimile ...

When I wrote...
isn't it good to be ... um - ... older?
I referred to both of us ...
=]

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2010 - 8:01PM #7
Tenlionz

I'm wondering how some one simply calls Kowi Ishto (Panther) as if this Spirit is under that ones subjection, or Panther finds them special enough to visit with them and guild them. I am Panther Clan or Achufa Kowi Ishto, Lion Clan of the Chickasaw People, many names have been affiliated with the Great Cat Clan, Wild Cat, Panther, Mountain Lion and simply Lion. The latter being the title of Elders, as the word Kowi Ishto means -Great Cat, or the greatest feline predator one can think of. My People lived many generations in subjection to the Spirit and attributes of the Great Cat, living half in the day and half in the night, hunting and gathering at night, going into battle at night. We even sharpened the teeth of the males tattooed the eyes and flattened the forehead's of young males by tying rocks to the skull while still in infancy, to make us appear as the Panther. In short we lived our lives as Panthers, to gain the strength of and live in unison with the Panther Spirit, and then we have People who simply say--Yeah Man like the Panther came and like told me this stuff dude. What are we to make of this as a People devoting our existence to the power of the Panther, and gaining Great Warrior status as a Warrior community within a Warrior community by our actions suppose to say about something like that? Not trying to offend any one, this is a legitimate question that need not be answered here in this forum, but I believe this question must be asked in the hearts of those claiming such things. What have I done to earn this rite? How have I proven my self worthy of the Great Cat? Great Spirit remind me to walk the path I claim, before I claim it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2010 - 8:26PM #8
Bearsky

Hi!  Best I can tell you is that I have learned to accept what life brings me, and accept that I don't have the answers as to the reasons most things occur to me or to others.  In fact I have learned to suspect the "why" answers that I or others come up with.  Often, in hind sight, when we learn more our earlier answers seem little more than glosses to expain things enough to have at least temporarily satisfied our curiosity or our desire to understand.  In short, I have no idea why my new friend came to me, nor do I really care.  In a sense that's his business not mine.  To my foolish mind my stake in all this is to 'listen' with respect to his guidence and follow it as best I can.

Thank you for sharing a little knowledge about your path.  I admire the wonderful pride in your way that shines through your words.  Point of fact is that I am not walking any traditional path.  I know little to nothing about any Native American practices.  My path from your words seems nothing like yours and I suspect that the number of experiences we share are pretty limited.  Nevertheless, my path has been and continues to be filled with awe and beauty...and I would trade it for none other.

I wish you the best as your feet walk on your way.  Respectfully, Dennis

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2010 - 11:55AM #9
Green.is.my.favorite.color

I'm like you, Dennis, in that I don't have any direct cultural teachings or heritage to specifically help me or guide me in a path. My blessing has been having a mentor that is part of a Native American culture. That blessing has added a depth and richness to my walk.

Please understand that I'm only talking about my experience and I am in no way suggesting that you should do like me, or that your experience is lacking anything.

In my own defining and decernment, I've found wisdom and joy in the Sufi traditions. I've often accessed NOR via the Sufi thought that creativity creates a pipeline to the divine.

The honoring of life in all its rich forms has become part of my OR existance... I guess that's rather Buddhist.

My point is that my walk is highly blended and yet honoring the traditions from which my path is influenced and even defined.

Respects

Karl

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2010 - 2:49PM #10
Nay_ho_tze
What are we to make of this as a People devoting our existence 
to the power of the Panther,
and gaining Great Warrior status as a Warrior community
within a Warrior community
by our actions suppose to say about something like that
?

I want to acknowledge the legitimacy in these questions
by saying, with great humility that IMvhO,
the people’s Great Warrior status
has been pointedly respected,
not challenged,
by the sharing of a story
that the people’s venerable clan leader helped another outside the clan ...
Who’s to question why an outsider would be chosen thusly?
IME Creator sends messengers to whoever is deemed worthy ...
Achukma hoke.

Conversely, this is not meant to say
that if one were to receive such a messenger,
then one gains instant claim to any sort of clanship.

Clanship is an honour reserved for a chosen few.
To know one’s clan is a wondrous thing.

I think this is understood here.

=]
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement