Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
8 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2010 - 7:58PM #1
Ironhold

Anyone else starting to hate the weather?

For much of the past month, it's either been raining, threatening to rain, or icing up. The temperature has almost never gone above 50. And every so often, a nice lovely fog bank likes to roll on through and annoy everyone.

As such, unless I absolutely need to do something (like go to work or get groceries), I'm pretty well cooped up inside.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2010 - 8:27PM #2
Lavender

Iron-

I haven't checked your profile, so I don't know where you are, but we are finally getting some blissfully perfect days in AL; a far cry from a week ago when we were shivering even in our winter layers. It has been a weird winter though. Hat's off to the weather for keeping us guessing. God bless :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2010 - 3:00PM #3
BillThinks4Himself

I'm sick of winter and I live in Florida.  Our latitude doesn't generate cold weather.  
We literally have to import it from somewhere else.  The cold winds that have blown over us this winter have reminded me of climate a thousand miles to the north.  I hate it. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2010 - 8:07PM #4
Lavender

It's been great for the last two or three days, but I've heard another clipper's coming. Break out the short sleeves while you can!

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2010 - 8:10PM #5
Ironhold

The weather was actually nice today, and so mom decided to open the windows for a few hours.

...in the process, letting in so much in the way of pollen that I've now got a raging headache and will need to completely dismantle both my room and the computer room in the morning so that they can be cleaned out.

And then we might have snow on Tuesday evening, too.

Can't wait until spring finally huggin' rolls around.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2010 - 8:24PM #6
deseretlady

The weather has been weird here in North Carolina for several years now.  Never know what to expect anymore.  This state ususally has fairly balmy winters, but already had two snow storms this winter.  I  hate the cold, but my husband bought me a snuggie for Christmas and I have put it to good use.  They are really warm.

Sorry ur feeling bad, Ironhold.  Hope you get better soon.

In God We Trust
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2010 - 2:55AM #7
MMCSFOX

Actually I have a little different take on life due to the past stormy weather here in Southern California. During our heavy storms I started calling a number of the old Navy guys that I served with on the USS Bremerton, a heavy Cruiser and The Henry W. Tucker, a Destroyer during the 50’s, getting the phone numbers from a couple of reunion groups.  About two thirds of those whose families I was able to reach state that my shipmates are no longer with us. So here at 71 I decided that to heck with the weather I will simply continue to have fun and enjoy life no matter what. Life is still good.

Jesse F.

I think that I will simply learn to dance in the rain.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2010 - 3:45AM #8
moksha8088

While the eastern states appear to have stolen our snow, we are prepared to take your flood waters if you ship it too us.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2010 - 6:54PM #9
Lavender

It's actually gorgeous here about six months out of the year. Summer sucks, but we really didn't get a lot of it in 09. I'm hoping this summer will be the same; I really can't handle hot weather

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2010 - 8:35PM #10
Ironhold

Over the weekend, I found out that one of my favorite old-school computer games (so old, in fact, that I'm not sure if I can run it on my current computer) got ported to the Game Boy Advance a few years ago. On top of that, the GBA version has a slew of cheat codes, including invulnerability.

Someone online was selling a used copy for $10 (shipping included), so I went ahead and splurged. With any luck, it'll be here before the end of the week.

Hopefully, that'll take some of the edge off of being cooped up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook