Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Question from a Newbie on a quest
3 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2011 - 9:21PM #11
Tigress42

Feb 9, 2010 -- 8:20PM, Sam77 wrote:

To anyone that can give me some insight:

I have been studying Wicca, Paganism, and New Age for about 9 months now.  I am on a quest to find my spiritual path.  I would be very appreciative if someone could give me a good explaination of the differences between Wicca and Paganism/Neopaganism.  I have read a lot, but they seem so similiar in many ways, but I cannot find anything definitive that really lays out the differences.  Thanks so much in advance!

Bright Blessing,

Lindsay

for me - pagan is sort of an umbrella term for nature based spirituality/religion. it can have celtic, egyptian, norse themes...

wicca is a from of paganism and of course to make things harder - there are different types of wicca. however -i'm pretty sure all wicca paths have in common is the idea of karma - what you do/send out will come back to you wether good or bad thus comes the phrase "an it harm none, do what ye will" meaning - do what you want as long as it doesnt harm anyone.

wicca is also NOT what people see on tv or in the movies - worshiping satan, casting hexes etc, cuz well, that is essentially against the one code among witches/wiccans...um...

i understand it can be tough, i'm also a bit of a seeker, still not 100% on my decision... youtube can be great - CharmingPixieFlora has been a great help for me, so i recomend checking her out, shes an eclectic wiccan... um - yeah, suppose thats all i have to say for now.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2011 - 4:29PM #12
Sacrificialgoddess

Dead thread.  Dead, dead thread.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2011 - 5:13PM #13
KeaErisdottir

Jul 18, 2011 -- 4:29PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Dead thread.  Dead, dead thread.

Yeah, but zombies can be kinda fun to fight.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook