Switch to Forum Live View 10 Billion donated by Gates Foundation
5 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2010 - 11:26AM #1
Stardove

Gates: $10B vaccine program could save 8.7M lives

Since Bill Gates has retired CEO of Microsoft he and his wife are dedicated to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation a philanthropic organization they established together in 1994.  The foundation has given 21 billion dollars already.

Bill and Melinda Gates announced plans Friday to invest $10 billion in the fight against a number of illnesses including AIDS and said the record donation could save nearly nine million lives.

Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, they said the 10-year program will focus on vaccines for AIDS, tuberculosis, rota virus and pneumonia.

"We must make this the decade of vaccines," said Bill Gates.

Continued at link.  It's good to see an ultra-wealthy couple giving to others.  IMO.  It would also be wonderful if the goal of an AIDS vaccine was actually accomplished, as well as the other vaccines.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2010 - 6:41PM #2
Agnosticspirit

Wow, speaking of famous agnostics! Way to go, Bill Gates! I may not always be crazy about Microsoft but this is an amazing act of generosity!

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook