Switch to Forum Live View Overcoming tribulations
4 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2010 - 8:04PM #1
Thoughts2009

At the time I had a great, white-collar job, the best of its kind in my county. Many people envied me. My husband was laid off, so I cherished this job even more. After I started practicing Falun Dafa I conducted myself according to Master's requirements. I went to work early and returned home late and always diligently carried out my duties. All of the illnesses that used to afflict me disappeared within one month. I was able to discard lots of emotional baggage, because Dafa taught me that there is reason behind all conflicts, and you must repay every debt.

Just as I started to understand Dafa from a rational perspective and practiced cultivation with determination, an overwhelming tribulation was looming on the horizon. Due to lack of regulations and loopholes in the financial system at my workplace, someone committed fraud and took more than 200,000 yuan [25,000 USD]. I was an innocent victim, but I was partially responsible for the loss. I lost my job. When it was confirmed that the money was gone, I felt as if the earth had caved in from underneath me. I was speechless, but I knew I was passing a major test. It took almost one year from the time the incident happened and when I was fired, because Master was waiting for me to improve my xinxing; otherwise I would have suffered a mental breakdown. During that year, besides eating and sleeping, I spent all of my time studying and reciting the Fa and letting go of attachments to self-interest and emotions.

Master said,

"Yet as a practitioner you will find the things that people take seriously to be very, very trivial--even too trivial--because your goal is extremely long-term and far-reaching. You will live as long as this universe. Then think about those things again: It doesn't matter if you have them or not. You can put them all aside when you think from a broader perspective."

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook