Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Agnosticism on the Atheism board.
5 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2010 - 5:14PM #11
Agnosticspirit

Mar 2, 2010 -- 10:00PM, Lakerstyle wrote:

I DON'T TRASH ANOTHER'S BELIEF...BUT I WILL DEFEND THE EXISTENCE OF GOD. 

LAKERSTYLE...

Are you assuming that those of us who don't believe in your god or any other god are necessarily "trashing" your beliefs, or is it possible that those who believe differently than you do may have arrived at a different conclusion, without any malice whatsoever?

I wouldn't think an allegedly omnipotent entity require a defense from you... I would think said allegedly omnipotent being would be quite capable of defending herself, don't you? Perhaps it would be more accurate to claim that you will defend your RIGHT to your BELIEF in the existence of god(dess)? To which I would agree, you have your right to believe as you will, just as I have my right to believe as I will. 

I don't need to respect your beliefs, any more than you need to respect mine but we do all need to respect the RIGHT for everyone to believe or not as we will.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2010 - 11:03PM #12
Lakerstyle

Mar 4, 2010 -- 5:14PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Mar 2, 2010 -- 10:00PM, Lakerstyle wrote:

I DON'T TRASH ANOTHER'S BELIEF...BUT I WILL DEFEND THE EXISTENCE OF GOD. 

LAKERSTYLE...

Are you assuming that those of us who don't believe in your god or any other god are necessarily "trashing" your beliefs, or is it possible that those who believe differently than you do may have arrived at a different conclusion, without any malice whatsoever?

NO....NOT AT ALL...

TO SAY ,"I DON'T TRASH ANOTHER'S BELIEF..." IS IN RESPONSE TO YOUR ACCUSSATION THAT, "MOST BELIEVER'S HAVE A COMPLETE LACK OF MORALITY OR COMPASSION."

I wouldn't think an allegedly omnipotent entity require a defense from you... I would think said allegedly omnipotent being would be quite capable of defending herself, don't you?

THAT QUESTION DOESN'T QUALIFY FOR AN ANSWER.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to claim that you will defend your RIGHT to your BELIEF in the existence of god(dess)?

NO ...THAT WOULDN'T BE MORE ACCURATE. I DON'T HAVE TO DEFEND MY RIGHT TO MY BELIEF. THE U.S. CONSTITUTION HAS DONE THAT FOR ME. I WILL DEFEND MY MOTHER...I WILL DEFEND MY FATHER, MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS...I WILL DEFEND MY CHILDREN...BECAUSE I LOVE THEM ALL IN A SPECIAL WAY, THEY ARE DEAR TO ME. I WILL DEFEND THE EXISTENCE OF AN ALMIGHTY CREATOR, AND THE SON OF GOD, BECAUSE I LOVE THEM DIFFERENTLY . I  DO THIS IN LOVE. I LOVE EVERY HUMAN BEING IN THIS WORLD. THAT IS A DIFFERENT LOVE ALSO, WHICH I DON'T HAVE TO DEFEND.

To which I would agree, you have your right to believe as you will, just as I have my right to believe as I will. 

I don't need to respect your beliefs, any more than you need to respect mine but we do all need to respect the RIGHT for everyone to believe or not as we will.

I REREAD MY WHOLE STATEMENT ...I STAND BEHIND IT 100%. NO HIDDEN MESSAGES... THERE ARE A LOT OF INNUENDOS FLOATING AROUND ABOUT YOUR  AGNOSTIC BELIEFS THAT ARE A BIT DISCONCERTING TO ME. BUT I'M NOT CASTING ANY STONES.

WE'RE ALL LIVING IN GLASS HOUSES, SO TO SPEAK!

LAKERSTYLE......

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2010 - 2:10PM #13
Agnosticspirit

Mar 9, 2010 -- 11:03PM, Lakerstyle wrote:

TO SAY ,"I DON'T TRASH ANOTHER'S BELIEF..." IS IN RESPONSE TO YOUR ACCUSSATION THAT, "MOST BELIEVER'S HAVE A COMPLETE LACK OF MORALITY OR COMPASSION."

No, I said MANY believers demonstrate immoral behavior .

I wouldn't think an allegedly omnipotent entity require a defense from you... I would think said allegedly omnipotent being would be quite capable of defending herself, don't you?

THAT QUESTION DOESN'T QUALIFY FOR AN ANSWER.

Sorry if that disturbed you or implied I was lumping you in with some believers who really DO claim they're defending god. The whackos who flew planes into the Twin Towers thought they were defending Allah, Pat Robertson thinks he's defending god, etc... I agree that IF such an entity exists, SHE doesn't need human beings to defend her, she should be capable of self-defense.

... THERE ARE A LOT OF INNUENDOS FLOATING AROUND ABOUT YOUR  AGNOSTIC BELIEFS THAT ARE A BIT DISCONCERTING TO ME. BUT I'M NOT CASTING ANY STONES.

WE'RE ALL LIVING IN GLASS HOUSES, SO TO SPEAK!

LAKERSTYLE......

Glad to see you're not casting any stones. I too am a little disconcerted by some beliefs that are absolutely harmful at worst, or silly at best.

I'm heading out to enjoy the sunshine on this bright and lovely day, we've had so much rain in SoCal lately I'm glad to see the sun..

AS

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook