Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
5 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2010 - 9:22AM #41
Lavender

Jesse-

We of all people should be less condemning and more forgiving because we know what it's like to be on the bottom of the dogpile.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2010 - 9:41PM #42
MMCSFOX

Lavender, I really don’t have time to spend with people who provide nothing to benefit society or good works to any community. No do I have time to spend reading posts that should be on another forum.

I do ask you to stop and ponder what the world would be like if we all took off our shirts and simply pondered the goodness of the spirit. I think that there would be a lot of hungry people while no one provided for the needs of others but only talked about things. Look around and see that there is a massive amount of actual work that needs to be done in our communities to help those in need. How much do you think nature boy is getting done?

Also I do never plan on not judging, speaking out or taking action. Actually if we could only have a peaceful society that would not judge anyone, then I could very possibly take over the earth with a paring knife.

I am sorry but I do never stop remembering that the great adversary is with us today along with all of his followers who would be glad if they could only move a person even a little from the path with the iron rod.

“False ideals cannot be shattered by criticism. Right ideals must take up the battle against them.”

- Franz Werfel, "Between Heaven and Earth"

Jesse F. (The duty curmudgeon)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2010 - 10:14PM #43
Lavender

Iron-

You have a good point, but people "out there" can say the same about us. (The clueless ones that never ask a Mormon about Mormonism.) But I certainly understand your point

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2010 - 11:11PM #44
MMCSFOX

Lavender, some following thoughts from my last post and about being too judgmental: Some days when I see too much of the actual needs around me I get a little angry with people who talk a good story yet take no action except to pump up their own ego taking no actual action to reduce suffering of others.

Words are simply words not deeds. Hypothetically speaking I could say that I left my second wife to follow my heart. Yet it could also mean that when I promised her “until death do we part” I was simply lying as commitments mean nothing to me. Or it could just mean that she kicked me out, and nothing more.

Hmmm, maybe I will start a thread about words with more than one meaning.

Anyway please see the new thread “Cold & Hungry” as the kind of thing we are seeing more these days and contributes to my anger with some people.

Jesse F.

Who has much learning but no good deeds is like an unbridled horse, That throws off the rider as soon as he mounts.

- Elisha ben Abuya, from "Avot D'Rabbi Natan"

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook