Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View What Atheists Don't Believe In
5 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2010 - 4:10PM #11
BlackWingBlueSky

Jan 17, 2010 -- 5:58PM, BillThinks4Himself wrote:

Discuss among yourselves.

I don't believe that what someone else speculates takes precedence over what I experience.  Unless they can give me a really good reason, of course.

Sandy

I've seen normal, and I'm not impressed.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2010 - 5:01PM #12
mountain_man

Feb 7, 2010 -- 1:25PM, Truthprecepts wrote:

So God does in fact interact with people?

In the exact same way unicorns, faeiries, and Santa does.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2010 - 2:46PM #13
etoro

The true nature of the Life derives from the laws of nature and the universe itself.  There is no separation between mind, body and environment. They are the functions of a single universal law of Life. This Law manifests the interrelated dualistic functions of existence and non-existence.  It is the functions of superfiscial consciousness, the functions of reified (fixed) names that derive from perceprtion of objects as fixed entities that create the illusion of separateness and individuation.

Speaking of the workings of the inner Life functions with its many dimensions of reality, when we employ the functions of the superfiscial mind; contact with sense objects, the assigning of names and their associated sound forms to express our inner desire of hope, faith and desire for fortunate outcomes (all that is good) - a function of the inner desire to produce happiness and joy in the next instance of self experience-  we can not see with the physical senses their deep inner sources operating at the depth of the mind, Life, the universal law of cause and effect operating at the most fundamental level of reality, oneness of cause and effect, the very Law that brings about birth and death, manifestation and dormancy of all natural interrelated phenomena.  Only the faculties of the inner mind itself can observe these things. The law of existence and non-existence, latency and manifested outcomes, the beneficial and harmful experiences of the next instance of life are all the workings of the universal law of cause and effect. For us living beings, causes and effects, natural phenomena (mental detection), are all experienced as either good effects, bad effects or nun at all. These are the workings of the mental sense organs, their purity versus impurity in regards to knowledge of the true nature of reality. Impurity derives from fear and fear derives from attachment to that whcih is ever changing and transient.  This causes inherent insecurity. The formation of philosophies and religions derives from a desire for stability and security of self existence. .

The causal realm, the realm of inner intentions and the driving force of our lives, the desire for eternal self identity that is synonymous with the true nature of the universe originates at the very essence and original true existence of the universe itself. Here the term universe is synonymous with the true nature of life itself. We are all manifestations of this universal Law and in this respect the subtle origins and true nature of the universe all operate deep within our beingness. They are the very sources and substances of our deep inner life functions. Such substances are mystic in nature in that they have no actual substance at all.

Life is an ever evolving process of the interchange of matter and energy, vice versa and therefore it harkens to the discovery of the particle / wave duality in particle physics. 

Here the term origin or original does not indicate a spatial temporal beginning point in terms of time. Time is only experienced by the outer physical aspect of life and the superfiscial consciousness associated with the physical reality of our temporary bodily sense organs. The original law of life and existence is sheer reality which is timeless and is characterized by the simultaneity of cause and effect.  This Law is the non-dualistic wisdom of eternity, boundlessness and the non-contingent sheer reality within our being. Regarding this sheer reality of our beingness, the term GOD is simply a dualistic and primitive understanding of the deep reality of the functions of existence and non-existence. Such true knowledge and awareness of actual subjective life functions are the province of yogic wisdom and deep meditation on the original formation of thoughts, names and awareness deriving from the continuum of contact between subject and object since the infinite past.  It is the eternal reality, the oneness of past, present and future, the holistic directions of space that are subtely present in a single instance of Life, thought, awareness, consciousness and self detection of the inner and outer reality.  

In a matter of speaking it is called the region of the most subtle unfathomable reality.

Peace

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2010 - 8:42PM #14
Wiscidea

Jan 17, 2010 -- 5:58PM, BillThinks4Himself wrote:

Being an atheist means not having to believe that your life, and all the tragedies that come with it, are part of "God's great plan."

It also means accepting FULL responsibility for one's decisions. I'm surprised this doesn't go over better in America, the land of the rugged individualism and personal responsibility for one's welfare.

"Some people claim that there's a woman to blame. But I know it's my own damn fault."

Jimmy Buffet (Margaritaville)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook