Switch to Forum Live View You'd hardly recognize he's white - heheh
5 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2010 - 7:53PM #1
Bunsinspace

BS"D

In the year of "Dances with Smurfs" (Avatar - which I thought was pretty cool all things considered) it is always fascinating to me to hear about a white with nearly a red heart:

kentnerburn.com/about

minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/20...

I hear a lot of work being done telling the stories of the insideously evil and unspeakable Boarding Schools in North American history.  A lot of healing is taking place.  A lot was lost but even after taking such a hit a lot of culture is growing stronger.  You can see it everywhere.  New challenges, new achievements.  Some progress and some losses.  All of it the proof of living peoples still interacting with the world.

Lots of new temptations for our youth.  Lots of everyday heroes raising kids who walk in two worlds.  I am grateful for the efforts.

In the spirit of

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2010 - 12:46PM #2
MilesB

Appreciated but as I say to many who come to me (and it does happen) I have no more wisdom to share than they do!

Many of the world started with a very similar tradition to ours; why call it "the red way" and not call it trying to get back to your roots or distant ancestor's ways? We've just happened to have kept ours more intact.

Some of the Irish Traditionals are a good example of such.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook