Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View First Nations win a 3.4 billion $ settlement
5 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2009 - 9:41PM #21
Tenlionz

Howdy Agnostic "smooch" I suppose its a good thing to recognise that we NDN people got a screwin, and Im happy about the 70 billion in Federal funds offered to the Nations in the 2010 budget at the conference in Washington DC for BIA and health care projects. For those who think we are acting un-graciously when we balk at this tidy sum of 3 Billion for the law suit, lets put it like this--I come to your home with thugs, we beat your ass and drag you from your home, those who resist are shot, including Children and even ol Grama. Now we take you to the other end of town and leave you to live under a bridge, then we come back 10 years later and say--Hey guys, Ya know, we are very sorry about what we did, our eyes are open to your suffering, here is 20 bucks, now get something to eat go see a doctor and a dentist get some new clothes, a car you can drive to work and a livable home. Oh and by the way, here is our apology in writing to make it credible. By the way thanks for the fine land and home we now own.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2010 - 3:29PM #22
Tenlionz

Dec 8, 2009 -- 7:06PM, mountain_man wrote:

The long overdue and woefully small settlement shouldn't go to individuals but to projects, selected by NAs, that would help their communities, schools, clinics, etc.

I believe he first time I spoke with this guy-Mountain man he said it would be nice if the federal government could give back a large portion of wilderness area to the NDN People. Then he went on to say that- Euro Americans could also use the land for camping and observe the Native American People in their natural environment , sounds much like a petting zoo to me. This is the same dangerous mentality by which Europeans believed the Natives were like foolish Children and so they would have to teach us to be white and civilised, their idea turned to slaughter when we did not accept this mind set and concept. Mountain man does not seem to accept that we are true Human beings, sovereign and Independent Peoples that lived in peace with the Earth a millennia before Europeans arrived on Turtle Island. He has my vote for "clueless white man of 2010"

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook