Switch to Forum Live View View Obstacles as a Challenge
4 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2009 - 9:34AM #1
ATALAYA

w72 9/15 p. 548 View Obstacles as a Challenge ***

Having embraced true Christianity, one continues to face obstacles that must be viewed as challenges. One such is the opposition and indifference met up with in the Christian ministry. Such opposition does make the ministry more difficult, but is it any valid excuse for slowing down or quitting? Not in view of the many fine examples in the Bible of those who persisted in serving God in spite of such obstacles!—Heb. 12:2, 3.

A Christian may have ‘resolved in his heart’ to engage in the field ministry the next morning or to attend a congregation meeting that evening. But then suddenly bad weather makes its appearance, or one suffers from some slight physical indisposition, both seemingly plausible excuses for not carrying out one’s resolve. But to follow the line of least resistance is to miss a blessing. In fact, by overcoming the unexpected obstacle one can be certain of added blessings, if for no other reason than that the greater the effort put forth the greater the satisfaction that comes with accomplishment.

Truly, obstacles are not things to be yielded to but challenges to be met and overcome!

(Isaiah 21:8) . . .Upon the watchtower, O Jehovah, I am standing constantly by day, and at my guardpost I am stationed all the nights.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2009 - 6:21PM #2
humbly.search.for.truth

Great article snippet!  

It also makes me think of this scripture:

(James 1:2-4) 2 Consider it all joy, my brothers, when YOU meet with various trials, 3 knowing as YOU do that this tested quality of YOUR faith works out endurance. 4 But let endurance have its work complete, that YOU may be complete and sound in all respects, not lacking in anything.

A bible study I have asked me a couple months ago how we can go door to door when most people don't listen to you.  I told him that we are successful even if NO ONE listens to us.  It was that way in Noah's day and it will certainly be that way in a world where atheism and agnosticism is common and many people are not taking their faith seriously as formerly even not so far in the past.  He looked at me with a puzzled look and asked me how I would be successful if NO ONE listened.  I told him that it is not necessarily getting people to listen as it is getting the message out.  I added that even if we don't talk to no one (maybe they aren't home or refuse to answer the door), the work is continuing and people are making their choice.  We need to respect their choice, but at the same time it is still a privilege to do the work commissioned throughout the entire globe (literally).  

(2 Corinthians 12:10) . . .Therefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in insults, in cases of need, in persecutions and difficulties, for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am powerful.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2009 - 10:51PM #3
Goodtobehomestill

*** cf chap. 7 p. 67 par. 4 “Consider Closely the One Who Has Endured” ***

4 From time to time, all of us are “grieved by various trials.” (1 Peter 1:6) Does the fact that we undergo a trial necessarily mean that we are enduring it? No. The Greek noun for “endurance” means “the capacity to hold out or bear up in the face of difficulty.” Regarding the kind of endurance referred to by Bible writers, one scholar explains: “It is the spirit which can bear things, not simply with resignation, but with blazing hope . . . It is the quality which keeps a man on his feet with his face to the wind. It is the virtue which can transmute the hardest trial into glory because beyond the pain it sees the goal.”

(love the thread, Brother!)

“People are not disturbed by things, but by the views they take of them.”
― Epictetus

Life is like photography, you need a clear lens, and the picture you get depends on what you focus on.

Anger stems from irrational beliefs about others, anxiety stems from irrational beliefs about yourself.---Spencer Lord, The Brain Mechanic
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook