Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

 
Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View I Officially Announce my "Noahide" Status!
9 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 5:14PM #1
Idenitycrisis
Posts: 351

Unfortunately there is not a "Noahide" checkbox for this faith, so I guess I'll have to manually put it on my profile.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 5:25PM #2
voice-crying
Posts: 7,548

Nov 20, 2009 -- 5:14PM, Idenitycrisis wrote:


Unfortunately there is not a "Noahide" checkbox for this faith, so I guess I'll have to manually put it on my profile.




What is the "Noahide Movement?"

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 5:39PM #3
Idenitycrisis
Posts: 351

You got me, I just think it sounds COOL!Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 5:41PM #4
Idenitycrisis
Posts: 351

Just kidding. It's a spiritual movement based on the 7 Universal Laws of Noah. These are derived from the "Torah", the Mishnah, and the Talmud. Try www.Noahide.org for more info. Shabbat Shaloam.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 6:22PM #5
voice-crying
Posts: 7,548

Nov 20, 2009 -- 5:41PM, Idenitycrisis wrote:


Just kidding. It's a spiritual movement based on the 7 Universal Laws of Noah. These are derived from the "Torah", the Mishnah, and the Talmud. Try www.Noahide.org for more info. Shabbat Shaloam.




OK, so it is a "Movement."  Thank you!Smile

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2009 - 3:38PM #6
Idenitycrisis
Posts: 351

It really seems that I have this place all to myself to reflect and grow. I need to expand my library of Noahide books so far the only one I have is "The Rainbow Covenant". I seemed to recall another titled "The Path of the Righteous Gentile" I think I'll try that one next.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2009 - 3:50PM #7
voice-crying
Posts: 7,548

Nov 24, 2009 -- 3:38PM, Idenitycrisis wrote:


It really seems that I have this place all to myself to reflect and grow. I need to expand my library of Noahide books so far the only one I have is "The Rainbow Covenant". I seemed to recall another titled "The Path of the Righteous Gentile" I think I'll try that one next.




To expand your library on Noah; read my journal titled: Who Did Noah Curse?

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2009 - 8:21PM #8
Idenitycrisis
Posts: 351

That sounds good to me. When I get a chance I'll read it, reflect on it, and come back here to give my thoughts. Peace.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2009 - 8:32PM #9
Idenitycrisis
Posts: 351

Fascinating. I think I remember learning "similar" explanations in Sunday school. Nonetheless, it brings up a very good point. When one wants to make their position one of a higher authority in order to "justify treating others cruelly, or unfairly, it's very easy to misquote, twist, or just plain bend the scriptures to fit one's agenda. The true message from the scriptures is clear. We are all human beings descended from Noah, on this earth to serve and love our fellow man, to the glory of El Shaddai.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2010 - 8:57PM #10
voice-crying
Posts: 7,548

 


 


cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/04/...


Desperately seeking Noah's ArkSmileThis better not be another false alarm.


Where is everybodyCool

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook