Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Rainbow Covenant
9 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2009 - 4:04PM #1
Idenitycrisis

There is a book "The Rainbow Covenant" by Michael Ellias Dallen that has been exhaustively researched from the Torah, Talmud, and Mishnah, detailing the spiritual simplicity of the Noahide, or bnei Noach. A very satisfying read, at least for me.

"Throughout the ages, scholars have viewed the Noahide Laws as... universal norms of ethical conduct, as a basic concept in international law, or a guarantee of fundamental human rights for all." (Encyclopedia Britannica)

Whereas...these ethical values and principals have been the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization, when they were known as the Seven Noahide Laws; Whereas without these ethical values and principals the edifice of civilization stands in serious peril of returning to chaos...-Joint Resolution of the United States Congress, March 20, 1991

"I have set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth." (Genesis 9:13)

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2009 - 1:32PM #2
Idenitycrisis

I have decided since I have declared my self to be a Noahidian I am doing a "refresher" on the "Rainbow Covenant" which I started today. It's amazing all the things I missed the first time, and I'm only on the first chapter! I guess it's because the first time I read it (I had learned about the "Noahide Movement" in early March) I was just amusing myself with something new and different to me. As my name indicates, I havent exactly found who I am. I've experimented with different denominations in the "Christian realm", and dabbled here and there with others. This feels right for me, and spiritually uplifting, not to mention historically viable. Awsome! Peace.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2009 - 4:06PM #3
Heidi2027

Good to know there are others contemplating Noah's 7 universal laws.  I stumbled upon them at the noahide.org web site.  It's like finding the holy grail, isn't it?  Peace!

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2009 - 6:56PM #4
Neverknown

have u always been Jewish? If not how did you make the decision to convert?

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2009 - 8:29PM #5
Heidi2027

Dec 6, 2009 -- 6:56PM, Neverknown wrote:

have u always been Jewish? If not how did you make the decision to convert?

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2009 - 8:32PM #6
Heidi2027

Hi -- I think I have always have been Jewish, actually.  That must seem strange to some -- but I have been reared from my mother's womb in the Christian tradition, without having never completely accepted Jesus' divinity.  Shalom!

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 12:55PM #7
Idenitycrisis

Wow! Other people here to talk to. How cool! I kind of gave up hope for any real communication here, and I didn't want to be an "Elijah", and just be mumbling to myself through hundreds of posts. Nice to meet you, even if the timings off, hope we can chat again soon.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 4:28PM #8
Heidi2027

Glad to be here, IC.  BTW - that's a smashing new avatar you've got there!

The more I learn about the 7 Noahide laws, the more comfortable I feel about being between a rock and a hard place -- Christianity and full conversion to Judaism.  Did you know there are even B'nai Noah congregations in some parts of America?  Will get back to you on what I find out...

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 7:52PM #9
Idenitycrisis

I know of none in my area (Upstate NY). I always loved rainbows, must have been the Noahide in me all along, and not the "closet case" eveyone suspected.Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 10:03PM #10
Heidi2027

Gotcha on the rainbow motif ;)  It really is a beautiful avatar, though!

###

The book I am immersed in, 26 Reasons Jews Don't Believe in Jesus, mentions that there are B'Nai Noah congregations -- but I only found one in Tennessee on the Internet.  I live in South Carolina; needless to say they have never been known to be on the cutting edge of anything...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook