Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Shaman's soul flight (ecstasy)?
5 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2009 - 2:02PM #1
Pulsexx

Is the shamans soul flight truly ecstatic like the mystics or what?

Is it feelings of intense bliss, happiness, love, joy and sympathy like other mystical experiences while they fly around other realms?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2009 - 2:00AM #2
Redfrog777

That no how I would describe it...........I have had states like that. But most of my journey work involves a good bit of work and challenge. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2010 - 12:07AM #3
Shamanmystic

Nov 6, 2009 -- 2:02PM, Pulsexx wrote:

Is the shamans soul flight truly ecstatic like the mystics or what?

Is it feelings of intense bliss, happiness, love, joy and sympathy like other mystical experiences while they fly around other realms?

it's both terrifying and blissful... depends on the journey one is having in that state.. on that day... and what spirits one encounters there..

I leave u with the following to ponder over = ecstatic state general overview of shamanism

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 17, 2010 - 5:32PM #4
Skelleyh
Shamans do more than just fly around realms when they are traveling.  Some of it is amazing and awe-inspiring.  Some is dark and painstaking.  In the end it is always work and for that reason very challenging.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 18, 2010 - 2:04PM #5
Green.is.my.favorite.color

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2010 - 4:47AM #6
whirligngg

"Is the shamans soul flight truly ecstatic like the mystics or what?

Is it feelings of intense bliss, happiness, love, joy and sympathy like other mystical experiences while they fly around other realms?"

Well it's really individualized so it would be hard to make any generalizations about it since each person may have experiences very different from the experiencxes of others.

But no--Shamanic work does not always involve what you may think of as "flight." A lot of work can be done in one realm and or in one plane.

A lot depends on the kind of work that is being done.

Just like mystical experiences--no two are exactly alike--and no two people have the same experiences.

BTW--not all mystical experiences are as your post describes them. Many can be quiet and tranquil in the extreme. Ditto for Shamanic experiences.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2010 - 6:38AM #7
Forest Child

From my own experience there are two main states (probably lots more diverse ways but essentially 2 main ones) of being when working in an altered state of consciousness but they are often lumped together in the shamanic literature (difference between theory and experience I guess).

1) Sourcing or shamanic journey where information can be found in the other worlds.  This can be very peaceful, meditative and calming.

2) Merging with a spirit helper/teacher who works through you to bring information and healing, this sensation is incredible, like an orgasm running up from my feet to my head, like a river of flaming pebbles up my spine, like a thundering shiver of electricity running through my body from the feet up, like a fizzing sensation sometimes too. 

If you are asking about the latter, I think you may get a different answer from different practitioners.  It's not something which is easy to describe and may well be unique to both the spirit and the person they are working with.  I don't know?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2010 - 2:24PM #8
whirligngg

Forest Child--hi. In my own experience there really are/can be many more states than the two you've described.

You have however described the two in your post very well.

Good work!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2010 - 8:57PM #9
Tenlionz

Jul 29, 2010 -- 6:38AM, Forest Child wrote:

From my own experience there are two main states (probably lots more diverse ways but essentially 2 main ones) of being when working in an altered state of consciousness but they are often lumped together in the shamanic literature (difference between theory and experience I guess).

1) Sourcing or shamanic journey where information can be found in the other worlds.  This can be very peaceful, meditative and calming.

2) Merging with a spirit helper/teacher who works through you to bring information and healing, this sensation is incredible, like an orgasm running up from my feet to my head, like a river of flaming pebbles up my spine, like a thundering shiver of electricity running through my body from the feet up, like a fizzing sensation sometimes too. 

If you are asking about the latter, I think you may get a different answer from different practitioners.  It's not something which is easy to describe and may well be unique to both the spirit and the person they are working with.  I don't know?

Wow! I never busted a nut, (bummer) or felt much different than I do all the time. Except when receiving a powerful energy, but I can receive energy any time, not just while in ceremony. I like your answer very much, as I hear many People going on about how different the Spirit realm is, while all I know go to the same place and the experienceis much the same as well. I feel the electric feeling in a thunder storm even, its awesome! One very strange thing though, when I began learning from the Elders in my youth and I began to receive energy I became immune to electricity. I can pick up a hot wire fence or grab one and nothing happens to me. Others can grab the same fence and WALLOP!! Anyone else share this experience?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 30, 2010 - 4:42AM #10
Forest Child

Jul 29, 2010 -- 2:24PM, whirligngg wrote:

Forest Child--hi. In my own experience there really are/can be many more states than the two you've described.

I agree, hence saying two 'main' states but perhaps I should have expanded that, what I meant was sort of two most well known realms of experience but of course, there is everything inbetween and much more too.  The dream state for example, being another and the lucid dream being yet another within that realm of experience.  :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook