Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Native American Indian Prophecies
5 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2009 - 2:57PM #1
Reformationnow

I've read a new article titled Native American Indian Prophecies, and I recommend it.

It takes a new approach. It not only ties the prophecies of native indiginous people of North and Central America together. It also shows how, in essence, they are similar to all other genuine  prophecies of the world, including Judeo-Christian prophecies.

You can read it at Native American Prophecies, by the modern son of man.

And, by the way, he has been writing under a pen name for more than 30 years, but recently he revealed he is also a singer of new songs

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2009 - 10:36AM #2
MilesB

I could not find much information on this author and get an uneasy feeling while reading his article, it seems more to "prove" Christianity than to actually talk about American Indan Prophecies.

I recommend God is Red - Vine Deloria Jr.

If the Hopi prophecy is correct...(as he discussing it) then I would recommend you read more about it from indian circles.

The only one I have ever been told or heard is that the Mvskoke (Creek) people will no longer be here or will not be practicing our ceremonies anymore (which to me is the same as not being here).

I am curious if this is a drive by posting??

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2009 - 2:57PM #3
Reformationnow

Sep 23, 2009 -- 10:36AM, MilesB wrote:

I could not find much information on this author and get an uneasy feeling while reading his article, it seems more to "prove" Christianity than to actually talk about American Indan Prophecies. I recommend God is Red - Vine Deloria Jr. If the Hopi prophecy is correct...(as he discussing it) then I would recommend you read more about it from indian circles. The only one I have ever been told or heard is that the Mvskoke (Creek) people will no longer be here or will not be practicing our ceremonies anymore (which to me is the same as not being here). I am curious if this is a drive by posting??

No, it was not a "drive by" posting. It was to share a discovery, and to engage anyone who might have questions or concerns about it.

He does fulfill Judeo-Christian prophecies, but he's not pushing Judaism or Christianity. He's advocating religious pluralism and equality of religions, and he fulfills the prophecies of all religions and reminds us of their original and true purpose.

He does use a lot of Judeo-Christian terminology, but that's because Christianity is the largest religion in the world, Islam is the second largest, and both are Abrahamic religions founded on Judaism. He also uses that terminology because the people who are causing the most conflict and division in the world claim to be Jews or Christians or Muslims.

The author is also a singer. "And, lo, you are unto them as a very lovely song of one that has a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear your words, but they do them not. And when this comes to pass, (lo, it will come,) then shall they know that a prophet has been among them." (Ezekiel 33:32-33) 

"You shall have a song, as in the night when a holy solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goes with a pipe to come into the mountain of the Lord, to the mighty One." (Isaiah 30:29)

The author understands that God is the Great Spirit; the unseen, eternal Holy One; the Divine Light-Energy Source of our existence; the Universal Supreme Consciousness; the Essence of all life and form; and the primordial "Word" that is made flesh in all of us.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2009 - 6:55PM #4
MilesB

", but that's because Christianity is the largest religion in the world"

And shall we discuss how this came to be by violent hands? So why does this matter even at all?

Talk about ethnocentrism and just as the hopi said with a sweet tongue or a forked tongue...

Again I do recommend God Is Red by Vine Deloria Jr.

I don't need Christianity to validate my faith, why would you need mine to?

I believe Deloria would contend that the God of Abraham or of the Christians may be the same if we refer to it as the Creator of All. *shrugs* But the faiths are remarkedly different.

As you say;

"The author understands that God is the Great Spirit; the unseen, eternal Holy One; the Divine Light-Energy Source of our existence; the Universal Supreme Consciousness; the Essence of all life and form; and the primordial "Word" that is made flesh in all of us."

Then how would you have me worship? Do you care at all?

If anything if as you say your Jesus will return, he is not the White Brother but the one who carries a Cross with Red.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2009 - 3:01PM #5
Reformationnow

Sep 23, 2009 -- 6:55PM, MilesB wrote:

Quote: ", but that's because Christianity is the largest religion in the world." And shall we discuss how this came to be by violent hands? So why does this matter even at all? Talk about ethnocentrism and just as the hopi said with a sweet tongue or a forked tongue... Again I do recommend God Is Red by Vine Deloria Jr. I don't need Christianity to validate my faith, why would you need mine to? I believe Deloria would contend that the God of Abraham or of the Christians may be the same if we refer to it as the Creator of All. *shrugs* But the faiths are remarkedly different. As you say: "The author understands that God is the Great Spirit; the unseen, eternal Holy One; the Divine Light-Energy Source of our existence; the Universal Supreme Consciousness; the Essence of all life and form; and the primordial "Word" that is made flesh in all of us." Then how would you have me worship? Do you care at all? If anything if as you say your Jesus will return, he is not the White Brother but the one who carries a Cross with Red.

He is the bearded white brother, but he does not carry a cross, and he is not Jesus. He is the son of man Jesus said would come to issue judgment, guide us to the truth and show us things to come, but would first be rejected by his generation and suffer many things. And he is the one all other prophets said would come.

He mainly uses Judeo-Christian-Islamic terminology because people claiming to serve those three religions are causing the most conflict and division in the world.

If you actually read Native American Indian Prophecies, and also read Prophecies Re: He Who Fulfills Them, you may see that the expected one fulfills all religious prophecies. Otherwise, there would be chaos, as there is now, with many people claiming they represent God.

Just as there is one God, the Great Spirit in heaven, known by many names, so is there one messenger of God to set things straight, and he is also known by many names.

And of course I care, and the son of man cares so deeply that he is, as the prophet Isaiah foresaw, a man acquainted with grief and sorrow, because his heart bleeds for all his brothers and sisters who are suffering.

You should not scoff at him, nor should you speak ill of the Hopi. They are your brothers and sisters, and mine. And if you worship, worship that which is holy, and sacred -- that which is within, above and around us all.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2009 - 7:19AM #6
MilesB

He only talks about one, the Hopi Prophecy, and not Native American (American Indian) prophecies. I told you what my tribe's was. Also, you are using your sweet tongue, that is the Hopi Prophecy speaking of you. If you read the Hopi Prophecy, Jesus can only be the one who carries the cross with red on it. Sorry, the True White Brother does not bring judgement that is the one with the cross. You are trying to distort the prophecy to fullfill your own needs and are here to convert indians.

I can scoff at your Jesus as I please, he is not the Messiah and the Jewish have validated that he never fullfilled the necessary prophecies. The "scoffing" as you see it is that my feet and blood is rooted in my traditions enough to not care to believe as you do.

Read, God Is Red - Vine Deloria Jr.

There's no need to discuss any further.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2009 - 2:07PM #7
Reformationnow

Sep 25, 2009 -- 7:19AM, MilesB wrote:

He only talks about one, the Hopi Prophecy, and not Native American (American Indian) prophecies. I told you what my tribe's was. Also, you are using your sweet tongue, that is the Hopi Prophecy speaking of you. If you read the Hopi Prophecy, Jesus can only be the one who carries the cross with red on it. Sorry, the True White Brother does not bring judgement that is the one with the cross. You are trying to distort the prophecy to fullfill your own needs and are here to convert indians. I can scoff at your Jesus as I please, he is not the Messiah and the Jewish have validated that he never fullfilled the necessary prophecies. The "scoffing" as you see it is that my feet and blood is rooted in my traditions enough to not care to believe as you do. Read, God Is Red - Vine Deloria Jr. There's no need to discuss any further.

Sorry, but I need to point out the truth which you either ignore or deny.

The modern son of man talks about the prophecies of the Oglala Sioux, which are very similar to other Native American prophecies, and he talks about the Mayans, Toltecs, and Aztecs. And they all basically speak of the same thing.

He talks of the Hopi who await the return of Pahana, the True White Brother who will unite the world after this great tribulation. And he carries not only the Christian Cross, but the symbols of all other religions as well.

As for the expectation of the "second coming" of Jesus, that is a myth.

Jesus said: "I tell you the truth; It is to your advantage that I go away: for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him to you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in me [or my teachings]; of righteousness, because I go to our Father [to heaven] and you see me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth. For he shall not speak of himself [but serve only as messenger]; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he declare, and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me, for he shall receive of mine, and shall declare it to you." (John 16:7-15)

That clearly reveals that because Jesus had to go away and we would see him no more, he would send someone delivering the message from the Spirit of truth and the Comforter, who will issue the judgment, guide humanity unto the truth, show you things to come, and glorify and declare the testimony of the Christ-Avatar-Buddha-Ancient One in heaven.

However, while the Spirit of truth and Comforter can influence and inspire individuals through spiritual revelation or epiphany, the Holy Spirit-Consciousness of the Ancient One needs a messenger, a son of man, to convey and deliver the message to all humanity. It couldn't happen otherwise. And the message reminds all the world of what the enlightened ones taught; to guide us unto the truth, clarify the truth, show us things to come, and deliver the judgment in writing so that the message can be delivered to all humanity.

Jesus also said: "The time will come when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it. Some people will tell you, He is there, or He is here. But do not go after them, nor follow them. For the Son of Man, when his day comes, will be like the lightning that flashes and lights up one part under heaven, also lights up other parts under heaven. But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected by his generation." (Luke 17:22-25)

Jesus was not talking about himself, because he was accepted by multitudes in his generation. And he did not suffer first, beforehand, but only at the end of his life and mission.

The "lightening" refers to the fact that this message is delivered electronically, over the world wide Web and Internet, and can be accessed all over the world instantly, like "lightening, and in a flash."

"Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delights. I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgement to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street [or in public]." (Isaiah 42:1-2)

Many Christians believe that speaks of Jesus because one sentence in the book of Matthew claims it does. But it clearly does not. That is a blatant error in the Christian gospels, and it is not the only one. The truth is that Isaiah clearly speaks of God's servant, and the fact is that Jesus did rise up as a teacher-orator. He did cry out to make his voice heard on many occasions, and he certainly did cause his voice to be heard in the street.

So, the modern son of man, the servant of God and the messenger for the Spirit of truth, is not Jesus. He is the one who fulfills all religious prophecies. And there can be only one, just as there is one Great Spirit who is God by any other name, so there is one servant-messenger of God, who by any other name is still the one who fulfills prophecies.

If you want to learn the truth, read Prophecies Re: He Who Fulfills Them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2009 - 7:23PM #8
Tenlionz

There is no conclusive historical evidence that this Jesus ever existed, accept for the one Christian bible. Even if he had this religion or cult would have been no more than a radical revolutionary ideal and an attempt at Cultural change. Think of the sermon on the mound as an ancient middle eastern "Wood Stock" and you will get the picture. This Cultural evolution has not one thing to do with European Americans, but as always you claim to be the masters of some one Else's Culture and Ideals. Because your author wrote a book does not mean that he is able list all viable option and a great connection between NDN and Christian belief systems. NDN People do not need your Christ, we have our own beliefs, are you a missionary of dam Jesus? We are far beyond your influence now you white cow, you cant cut our children's hair and force us to speak your language any more. Are you hoping to talk us out of a little land? why don't you just have a nice bowl of shit and hit the trail Nahola.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2009 - 7:59PM #9
Reformationnow

Sep 25, 2009 -- 7:23PM, Tenlionz wrote:

There is no conclusive historical evidence that this Jesus ever existed, accept for the one Christian bible. Even if he had this religion or cult would have been no more than a radical revolutionary ideal and an attempt at Cultural change. Think of the sermon on the mound as an ancient middle eastern "Wood Stock" and you will get the picture. This Cultural evolution has not one thing to do with European Americans, but as always you claim to be the masters of some one Else's Culture and Ideals. Because your author wrote a book does not mean that he is able list all viable option and a great connection between NDN and Christian belief systems. NDN People do not need your Christ, we have our own beliefs, are you a missionary of dam Jesus? We are far beyond your influence now you white cow, you cant cut our children's hair and force us to speak your language any more. Are you hoping to talk us out of a little land? why don't you just have a nice bowl of shit and hit the trail Nahola.

Well, I'll ignore your extreme rudeness. But I will share some truths with you.

First, the prophet Jesus of Nazareth was written about by many historians at the time. One of the most prominant was not a Christian but an impartial Jewish historian named Flavius Josephus. He wrote that "Jesus won over many Jews and many of the Greeks." Jesus is also written about by many other writers who were not included in the Christian Bible, such as those that are called The Dead Sea Scrolls, and the Gnostic Gospels. So there is lots of conclusive evidence of his life on earth.

Second, the person who fulfills all religious prophecies, including the prophecies of Native peoples of North and Central America, does not favor ANY religion, but respects all.

He is a Deist who has witnessed the Great Spirit when he himself was carried away in spirit to that high and holy place where God the Great Spirit inhabits eternity.

He doesn't want your land. He doesn't want followers. He doesn't and will not speak in public, but only shares the truth -- truth that will unite, empower, and liberate all humanity from all those who want to rule over us in the name of religion and/or patriotism.

Your words reveal what you are, which is too bad.

His words reveal what he is, a man who has seen what is sacred, and holy.

(And, by the way, his ancestry includes a Native American woman. In his memoirs he reveals that as a young boy, he drew pictures of Indians, was very interested in Indian crafts, and undertood at a very early age how unfairly Native Americans had been and have been treated.)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 26, 2009 - 8:41AM #10
MilesB

As if we haven't experienced Plastic Shamans before... and it isn't a new thing to hear a white guy claim indian ancestory (I'm actually mixed (Half/Half)) but truely not have any. Especially any cultural ties.

Again you've highlighted you're here to convert indians. You do not care for my or even our opinions and just plainly state it is "wrong" even though evidence is supported by the Hopi Prophecy your Jesus is the one brother who went away, if anything, and will return. He is not the True White Brother.

He doesn't state the Prophecies he simplifies them to suit his own needs. Just as you are doing.

Your rudeness was already shown in your first post and further in the statement the truths, it is a truth and it is your truth. You did not come here to discuss our prophecies, but to say they are your prophecies. If you think that is not rude, then why your reaction over my telling you, your Jesus isn't the True White Brother?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook