Switch to Forum Live View The Unique Seventh-day Adventist View of Science is Starting to Look Reliable
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 7:49AM #1
Shubee

A skeptic asked, "Where are the well designed studies by Creation Scientists, where data sets are derived from the experiments and the conclusion that a creator is involved in nature appears reasonable?"

The foundation of molecular and quantum creationism and the theory of devolution are solid sciences. For example, the article, Evolution myths: Natural selection leads to ever greater complexity at newscientist.com says:

"natural selection often leads to ever greater simplicity."

"If you don't use it, you tend to lose it. Evolution often takes away rather than adding. For instance, cave fish lose their eyes, while parasites like tapeworms lose their guts.

"Such simplification might be much more widespread than realised. Some apparently primitive creatures are turning out to be the descendants of more complex creatures rather than their ancestors. For instance, it appears the ancestor of brainless starfish and sea urchins had a brain."

That sounds like Seventh-day Adventist science to me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2009 - 4:28PM #2
sincerly

Aug 18, 2009 -- 7:49AM, Shubee wrote:

A skeptic asked, "Where are the well designed studies by Creation Scientists, where data sets are derived from the experiments and the conclusion that a creator is involved in nature appears reasonable?"

The foundation of molecular and quantum creationism and the theory of devolution are solid sciences. For example, the article, Evolution myths: Natural selection leads to ever greater complexity at newscientist.  com says:

"natural selection often leads to ever greater simplicity."

"If you don't use it, you tend to lose it. Evolution often takes away rather than adding. For instance, cave fish lose their eyes, while parasites like tapeworms lose their guts.

"Such simplification might be much more widespread than realised. Some apparently primitive creatures are turning out to be the descendants of more complex creatures rather than their ancestors. For instance, it appears the ancestor of brainless starfish and sea urchins had a brain."

That sounds like Seventh-day Adventist science to me.

Eugene, As usual, That which "sounds like to you" is not a fact. Just more mis-leading and erroneous insinuations and assumptions on your part.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2009 - 11:23PM #3
Shubee

The theory of devolution was obviously inspired by the Spirit of prophecy but let's not forget the great insight it took to define devolution as a scientific theory.

Sister White wrote:

Man came from the hand of his Creator perfect in organization and beautiful in form. The fact that he has for six thousand years withstood the ever-increasing weight of disease and crime is conclusive proof of the power of endurance with which he was first endowed. And although the antediluvians generally gave themselves up to sin without restraint, it was more than two thousand years before the violation of natural law was sensibly felt. Had Adam originally possessed no greater physical power than men now have, the race would ere this have become extinct. CTBH 7.1.

Through the successive generations since the fall, the tendency has been continually downward. Disease has been transmitted from parents to children, generation after generation. Even infants in the cradle suffer from afflictions caused by the sins of their parents.  CTBH 7.2.
     Moses, the first historian, gives quite a definite account of social and individual life in the early days of the world's history, but we find no record that an infant was born blind, deaf, crippled, or imbecile. Not an instance is recorded of a natural death in infancy, childhood, or early manhood. Obituary notices in the book of Genesis run thus: “And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.” “And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years; and he died.” Concerning others the record states, “He died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years.” It was so rare for a son to die before his father, that such an occurrence was considered worthy of record: “Haran died before his father Terah.” [Genesis 5:5, 8; 25:8; 11:28.] The patriarchs from Adam to Noah, with few exceptions, lived nearly a thousand years. Since then the average length of life has been decreasing.  CTBH 7.3.

It is true that remains found in the earth testify to the existence of men, animals, and plants much larger than any now known. These are regarded as proving the existence of vegetable and animal life prior to the time of the Mosaic record. But concerning these things Bible history furnishes ample explanation. Before the Flood the development of vegetable and animal life was immeasurably superior to that which has since been known. At the Flood the surface of the earth was broken up, marked changes took place, and in the re-formation of the earth's crust were preserved many evidences of the life previously existing. The vast forests buried in the earth at the time of the Flood, and since changed to coal, form the extensive coal fields, and yield the supplies of oil that minister to our comfort and convenience today. These things, as they are brought to light, are so many witnesses mutely testifying to the truth of the word of God. Ed 129.2.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2009 - 11:35PM #4
sincerly

Eugene Wrote:  The theory of devolution was obviously inspired by the Spirit of prophecy but let's not forget the great insight it took to define devolution as a scientific theory.<<<<<<<< 

Eugene, The scriptures were the basis for EGW's writings,  The decline in the lives of mankind, Animal life and the mineral properties are exactly as the scriptural record said it would be. EGW's Writings are true because they follow the Scriptural record.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2009 - 5:30PM #5
spudette

Shubee, I got to admit, Mrs White must have been pretty smart: what she wrote is exactly what I was taught in the church I used to attend before becoming a SDA. I was taught, from the Bible, that things went from very good to worse and worse, and as I look around me, I don't see anything that denies that fact.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2009 - 9:30PM #6
Josie57

Hello All,

Lately I have done some research and I am convinced that the Sabbath is from Friday sunset to Saturday Sunset.  I am a life long Baptist and have attended Non Denominational, AME and COGIC services.  Neither stuck on me.  I have done some reading on SDA Church and it appears have a sound doctrine that I deeply identify with.  Could someone who is a member please contact me as I have many questions that only someone who is an active member can answer.  I will eagerly look forward to a communication from someone soon.

Jo

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2009 - 9:01PM #7
sincerly

Jo, see comment on the "Charismatic thread". 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook